Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Nov 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This has really wound me up! What a stupid idea. I have some amazing photo memories of my children with the character that you just wouldn’t get with a camera in a box. Ridiculous😡
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Oh no that will be rubbish, we were at universal a couple of weeks ago and apart from on entry there was no photographers. The one with the T-Rex and the truck had an automated machine where you scanned your card, looked and a box then moved on - it was an ok photo but we were 4 adults.

Funnily enough I was actually thinking all the way round universal I'm so glad Disney have kept their photographers as the Universal photo thing was such a waste of money for 1 ride photos, a t-rex photo, an entry photo and one with a minion!
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
This isn't a good move at all - my most fav pic over 3 stays onsite is 1 at the Tinkerbelle meet and greet where the photographer got a close up of of my daughters face and the pure wonder in her face - no automated box will get that

Edited at 03:09 PM.
fefifoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Just read this I think its a crazy cost cutting idea.
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
quite sad really, seems like the little extras that always made Disney that much better and different to other places are being removed.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
What's the difference in a cm pushing a button on a machine or a photographer pushing the button on a camera If they are planning on just having one member of staff then surely a photographer can greet the guest and then take the photo?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
What's the difference in a cm pushing a button on a machine or a photographer pushing the button on a camera If they are planning on just having one member of staff then surely a photographer can greet the guest and then take the photo?
I believe the photographers are paid slightly higher? Could be completely wrong though.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I believe the photographers are paid slightly higher? Could be completely wrong though.
Probably correct.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisBloke
A Guest at All-Stars

This is terrible news, part of the reason we love Disney so much is that once we've paid then we've (almost) nothing to worry about as far as the holiday is concerned.

Transport - Magical Express and hotel buses
Food - Dining Plan on magic bands
Pictures - Memory Maker

I love not having to drive/carry cash or cards/take a camera - the whole package is a big plus for me.

No static camera, operated by someone who may not even have any interest in photography is going to come close to the picture a photographer can get (or even most non photographers) - especially if it will be just one shot and not the multiple ones you usually get.

Really disappointed in this cost cutting measure, it seems every year the experience is cut back just that little bit which over the years is starting to add up.

I hate to say it, but it feels like it will soon become just another theme park and not the magical place it was and should continue to be. Having new and expensive rides isn't everything, in fact sometimes it's all the little things that can add up to be something much bigger and vastly improve the guest experience.

Hoping that they reverse the decision or at least don't add any more before our trip next year!
DisBloke is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

This is really disappointing. DD is older now so has done most of the character meets but we still do a few. Over the years we've had some that are great and some not so good but have always had a selection to pick from. It sounds like now it will just be one standard shot - none or the running to meet them or hugs etc.