Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Nov 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile European smartphone in the Theme Parks.

First i was thinking to take one phone of our family and put an american Sim card in it so i would be able to use Google maps as a GPS while we are there. But since i found out a way to use Google maps offline thats no reason anymore to have an internet connection all the time. Another important reason to have internet while we are at the Parks is to be able to use the apps of the Parks for mobile food orders or Lastminute FastPasses. So i now wonder if the WiFi in Disney/universal/SeaWorld is good enough and if iT covers the Parks completely? So my question: would iT still be worthed to buy a Sim card for the 10 days we are there or is the WiFi good enough? And if i would buy a Sim card where and wich one would be the best to buy? Looking forward to all of your thoughts, tips and answers! Thx!
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dbolan
Gone all Goofy

We bought the sim cards from 3 on their advanced plan with a 1 month contract and it worked perfectly . just remember to cancel the plan after your first payment so that it will end after your come back . This gives you roam around the world and the data is generous
dbolan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

As above, and as a plus all the parks have wifi, so if you are only updating my face or space book, then you dont use ya data in the parks neither.
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I've always just relied on the Wi-Fi at the parks and never had a problem. I've also used uber quite a lot and always managed to pick up Wi-Fi from somewhere so I've never felt the need to get a different sim card.

I guess if you were making a lot of calls it would be worth it but we just used skype with the free wi-fi so I've never had any extra on my phone bill after a trip.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Or just use a 3 321 PAYG sim.
Old 16 Nov 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
I've always just relied on the Wi-Fi at the parks and never had a problem. I've also used uber quite a lot and always managed to pick up Wi-Fi from somewhere so I've never felt the need to get a different sim card.

I guess if you were making a lot of calls it would be worth it but we just used skype with the free wi-fi so I've never had any extra on my phone bill after a trip.
this

my phone is works phone so i have roaming data turned off all the time im in the us

just use wifi which last year was better than ever
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Check your contract doesnt cover the USA. After the EU roaming charges law was brought in, some of the top contracts will cover USA as well. (On EE at least)
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Whilst the WiFi drops off your phone a bit in Disney parks I have always found it works for everything I need it for. Also you can get free WiFi at the resorts if you go for a look around or a meal.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Yep, no need for a US sim card, as others have said the free wifi in the parks and resorts works perfectly well. Never had an issue.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To clarify. IF I turn of data roaming I can simply use WiFi in parks and not incur charges?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List