Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jan 08, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lardzilla
Very Serious Dibber

Getting myself in a muddle... help

Hi,
We go in a few months and are in the process of sorting out our tickets. We want to do IoA/U.S, Seaworld and Busch gardens (poss Aquatica). We also want to take the nipper to Discovery Cove. There'd be two of us swimming with dolphins and four of us not.
I'm getting in a muddle about how to buy the tickets as Discovery Cove tickets can now include Seaworld and Busch gardens (and Aquatica). It seems daft to get Flex tickets for Universal which includes Seaworld, B.G. and Aquatica when they can be included with the D.C. tickets too.
Any thoughts?
Ta,
Chris.
Lardzilla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 08, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

This is much the same as what we want to do.After trying several costings the following is working out the best deal for us:

The Ultimate Discovery Cove Ticket that includes 14 days admission to Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens - £169 swim £119 non swim

The 3 park/5 day Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Wet and Wild Ticket. 5 days unlimited admission - £66. You can get the 2park/3 day that doesn't include Wet and Wild for about £56

Disney 7 day premium ticket £155.

We could probably get away with the 5 day Disney and 2 park/3day Universal as we may not go to Wet and Wid but for the cost difference have decided not to limit ourselves.

All adult prices are quoted. Child prices are slightly cheaper.

I have found Mercury Travel, Orlando Ticket Deals and Online Florida are all coming in at about the same overall price and seem to be the best prices I have found so far.

Hope this helps
Andrea
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 08, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The 3 park/5 day Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Wet and Wild Ticket. 5 days unlimited admission - £66. You can get the 2park/3 day that doesn't include Wet and Wild for about £56
If you don't need wet n wild, then look at the $87 ticket n the US website.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 08, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd say get the Seaworld/Busch Gardens/Aquatica admission with your Discovery Cove tickets and the 7 day Universal unlimited admission ticket mentioned above which works out around £48 with the tax. This seems the cheapest and most flexible way to do it unless you really want to include Wet 'n' Wild. My guess is that everyone will prefer Aquatica.
Old 17 Jan 08, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I also doubt that you will want to do Wet and Wild if you do Aquatica and with the Ultimate tickets, both Disney water parks (personally I was very disappointed the one time we went to W&W in 6 visits, never been back).
In August/Sept - we have gone for the DC swim with Busch, Seaworld and Aquatica 14 day added on.
WDW we get the Ultimates as part of our package
WE are staying 4 nights at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort at the start to get FOTL and I'm going to get the 2park/3 day tickets. If we decide we do want another day at Universal/IOA before we leave we'll just pay at the gate

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 08, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Sue the Universal tickets I linked to above are for 7 days and are cheaper than the 3 day tickets... I know, most bizarre, but they might be a better option for you.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 08, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Well, they say a penny saved is a penny earned... Think I will go for the $87 Universal tickets because we only have 15 days including flight days and are planning on having a day each at Kennedy, Busch and Discovery Cove. The first time we visited Florida in 2002 we were 2 mins from Wet n Wild so tended to use it like a hotel pool as ours was a bit rubbish. I want to do Aquatica and Blizzard Beach this time as well so not going to Wet n Wild won't kill us. Thanks
Old 18 Jan 08, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Sue the Universal tickets I linked to above are for 7 days and are cheaper than the 3 day tickets... I know, most bizarre, but they might be a better option for you.
Thanks Bev, but these are for 7 days consecutive, after 3 consecutive days in Universal, doubt that we would be going back until the end of the three weeks (if at all to be frank).
I also like to be clutching the ticket in my hands before I go, rather than any e-mail tickets etc

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 08, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread