Notices

Old 22 Oct 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take a look through my eyes, day 18. Hollywood Studios, Mama Melrose and Epic Fireworks 16th September 2019

We set the alarm for 5:45 today, I know, mad right! We were out the door by 6:30 and at Hollywood Studios by 7:10 and headed straight to toy story land to get on Toy Story Mania, I think I prefer this to buzz as I can beat John every time! However, accuracy is rubbish on both counts but we won't discuss that here 😂

We did a mobile order for Woodys lunch box and ordered the both the strawberry and chocolate hazelnut lunch box tarts, and picked them up, these really threw me as I really expected them to be warm, why are they not warm? They were also really dry, so a bit disappointing, but we've tried them, so that's another snack item ticked off the list. The bits of candied bacon on the chocolate tart are bizarre as well!

Toy Story Land theming is amazing, I love all the little touches around the area and the lollipop stick benches and the dominoes benches, there are so many quirky little items to look at. I still cant understand why there are no fans anywhere, unless I just didn't notice them, there is a lot packed into a small area.

I do wonder if at some point in the future they will expand this land to bring more Pixar elements in.

I had to check out the restrooms to check the theming in there, obviously. All primary colours as you would expect.

We walked over to Sunset boulevard to ride tower of terror twice (John didn't put his arms up as there was a little boy behind us) and rock n roller coaster once before the crowds start to build up.

Then back to Galaxys Edge and picked up two new personality chips for the droids.

We've tried the blue milk so now it's the turn of the green milk, urgh, this is completely different and I don't like the taste of this at all, John liked it though, I consoled myself by getting another blue milk. I have read online that the green milk is supposed to have citrus and floral notes, maybe it's the floral that I don't like the taste of.

I took loads more photos of things I've already taken photos of but just at a different angle and we sat listening to the millennium falcon firing up its engines. I think that John was completely in his element at this point.
The standby queue was showing only a 30 minute wait for smugglers run, I do feel sorry for John not being able to ride this but he assured me that just being here was more than enough. We stayed here for a while just soaking up the atmosphere as we knew that this would be the last time in Galaxys Edge. I hate that 'this is the last time we'll be doing this' feeling.

We then wandered round to animation courtyard at the front of the Chinese theatre to watch the 11:30 showing of A Galaxy Far Far Away, we were lucky as there are not many people around.

It's not very often that you see this lot all together! It was very hot standing in the full sun to watch this, but very much worth it

We were both hungry by now but we had a RnR FP coming up so we decided to ride this first before having lunch.

Lunch wasn't anything to rave about, we decided to eat at Fairfax Fare as we were going to watch the 2pm beauty and the beast show. I had the beef empanadas platter with cilantro rice and fire roasted corn and John had the 7 layer rice bowl with grilled chicken, John definitely picked the better option. Mine wasn't horrible, the empanadas were just a bit dry. We sat here for a while people watching until it was time to go into the Theatre of the Stars to see Beauty and the Beast.

We've seen this so many times now and it was a struggle to stay awake, I blame the post lunch slump! We did stay awake but we were constantly stifling yawns! We did however notice one guy shake his partner awake, we're not the only ones then!

We followed this with a couple of frozen cokes then off to the Indiana Jones show. I'd forgotten about the pretend volunteer until John reminded me! I often wonder how many of the kids that see it now know about Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or if they know who Harrison Ford is. I like to think that it's the first film they get to watch once they return home.

It was 4pm now and we were both still tired, so decided that we would hide in the little mermaid show, neither of us have seen it before, so we snuck in just as the doors were closing. It was great! So no chance of napping as we were both enjoying ourselves too much! The announcement at the beginning tells people not to use flash photography, so what happens, yup, people are taking photos with the flash on. It's a shame as it shows the puppeteers outlines.

I decided to see if some sugar would wake me up, still had a must try item on the snack list, key lime pie on a stick, this was so sweet and sickly, I picked the blue chocolate off to eat and threw the rest away, good job really as we had our 5pm adr at Mama Melrose coming up.

We popped into a shop and came across this R2 unit wandering around earning his ears, cute!

Checked in to Mama Melrose just before five and we were told they were running late, we decided to wait in the lobby as it was nice and cool, it was only about a 15 minute wait so not bad at all. A family of about 6 did turn up while we were waiting who were an hour late for their reservation, they were told that their table had been allocated to another family and there were no other reservations available, they were not happy!

We were shown to our table and ordered drinks, we were given warm ciabatta bread rolls with olive oil and Italian dried herbs for dipping, some balsamic vinegar would have been nice with this, or some butter.

I couldn't decide between Charred strip steak with macaroni and the Chicken Parmigiana, in the end we both went for the Strip Steak. It was ok, but we've been spoilt with signature fillets on this trip so this being a piece of sirloin wasn't in the same league, should have gone with the chicken! Dessert was a hit though! We both had the tiramisu which was gorgeous!

Wandered around HS for a while walking our dinner off, had a look in the Star Wars Launch bay shop, has any one ever purchased the Skywalker Vineyards wine or vinegar!
We stopped to watch a poor cast member trying to keep a squirrel out of the strollers, it was quite entertaining, in the end the cast member won and the squirrel ran off to find an easier challenge.

We decided that we would grab a prime spot on a wall looking towards the Chinese theatre to sit and watch the Disney Movie Magic show and the Star Wars show, John went off and got a giant sprite and day glo orange Fanta for us to drink and we settled down for the evening. I can't remember if I have already mentioned this but the orange Fanta stains the white paper straws so they are also day glo orange! What does this do to your insides! It's a nice place to sit and take everything in, lots of cast member milling around with hula hoops and other props to entertain kids.

The Disney Movie Magic show was surprisingly good, it wasn't at all busy which surprised me and everyone stayed seated on the ground for this.

Just before Star Wars a Galactic spectacular starts there is a surge of people and everyone has to stand to make room for everyone trying to get into the animation courtyard. Its quite amusing watching the cast members trying to keep the walkways clear. Because we had a good spot, we were able to stand on the wall to watch everything with nothing obscuring our view. The heat from the fire is quite intense! We saw this show back in 2016, but didn't have such a good view so it was like seeing it for the first time. It was epic!

We left HS just after 10:20 and realised that we had been in Hollywood studios for over 15 hours today! We should have got a certificate for that feat alone! But no certificates were given to us on this trip🙁 20,412 steps today.

Back to Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow.

Old 22 Oct 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 22 Oct 19 4:35 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List