Notices

Old 7 Jul 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Oops I did it again ... once in a lifetime version 4

Thought I’d drop a pre trip report in given we go in 5 weeks.

All the planning is done all the balances are paid and we now sit back and wait for the 4th “once in a lifetime” trip. Actually Eva sits back and waits whilst I’ve spent the last few weeks sorting fastpasses, changing ADRs and spending all my free time on the DIBB.

Here goes my ramblings:

the cast

The cast list is very short.

I’m Sarah but known by everyone I know as Pez. 40 something self employed recruiter living in Manchester. Got my Disney on later in life when I came into possession of Pezlet. Like great food and fast rides. Mis-spent a portion of my youth on secret dashes to Blackpool to ride coasters. Totally rubbish at tech so the meme/GIF content will be poor. Previous owner of several husbands but happily single with my daughter these days.

Eva. AKA Pezlet. 11 years old and about to start high school. She’s a bright and funny girl albeit a touch shy. She’s a Disney geek and throws herself into the whole Disney thing every year. This year is the first year where she’s saying no to the dress. No more dressing up as Belle. This upsets me more than her. Foodie in training and prefers to not involve herself in plans and happy to go with the flow unless I ask her to go to a seafood restaurant.

the trip

I booked as soon as free dining became available last year. The last two years we have stayed at POR before that CBR. I wanted a change this year but I didn’t want to book deluxe hotel as we are an “all day out in the parks” family. So I booked 15 nights at POFQ. I like the idea of a smaller resort and it has good feedback in here.

These things tend to grow wings so I looked at flights and my points and managed to get a good price with Virgin to fly PE out of Manchester.

Booked 5 nights at Hard Rock Hotel club level. We did this last year and loved it. It’s definitely my favourite Universal hotel. The price difference for club vs standard at time of booking was pretty reasonable although it’s shot up since - I think because there’s a concert on whilst we are there. It’s nice to trot down the corridor in our pyjamas for breakfast before the Disney bit of having to get up and get dressed before starting the day.

This year I booked everything direct and I found that better for us against booking through a TA. We were able to pick and choose dates and rooms to our requirements.

I found out a few weeks ago that an old school friend who has a daughter the same age as Eva will be there for our whole two week Disney stay. They are first timers. It’s put a new exciting slant on our trip and I’m really looking forward to catching up with her and letting Eva have a new friend on holiday. I will admit that me and water parks are not good bedfellows. I like the sun lounger and cocktails but but not the getting wedgies in big slides bit. So now our water park days are a bit more attractive. It’s been a task coordinating fastpasses and ADRs but I think we’ve got that sussed.

I upgraded our free QSDP to deluxe as I enjoy a good meal at night on holiday and we both love character breakfasts. I will be doing a full live dining report and will put my pre trip dining itinerary on here this week.

I’m really looking forward to trying some off site delights this year and am still formulating our plan for the universal nights.

We have a couple of extras booked (there will likely be more too)

We have booked H2O glow. Yes I said I don’t like water parks but we did this last year and it was great fun.

We also have tickets for MNSSHP first time ever! We do that in 30th August and am in process of trying to come up with costume ideas.

We will be there for the opening of Star Wars GE. I wish we weren’t as we hadn’t factored that in on booking but it is what it is. Eva wants to go to opening day - I keep saying yeah ok knowing she won’t get up at silly o’clock but that might come back to bite me...

This year we will have a one day window of opportunity to go to Food & Wine - which coincides with GE opening. I’m really excited to be able to be a total pig and my goal is to get round as many booths as possible.

That’s my intro - no doubt further ramblings will follow and I hope to master memes before we go.

I will add a food pre trip report in the next few days.

Thanks for reading DIBBers x

Edited at 08:48 PM. Reason: Please move to Orlando pre trip reports
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bad draft admin could you please move this to Orlando pre trip reports 😂😂😂

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It all sounds great. I also have kids who want to go to Galaxy’s Edge on opening day but I can only see it being a nightmare!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
It all sounds great. I also have kids who want to go to Galaxy’s Edge on opening day but I can only see it being a nightmare!

I really really don’t want to go there on opening day ... it will be complete chaos plus I think you’d need to be in line in the middle of the night ... that’s even before the queue for the ride. Opening day lines for Hagrid were bad enough can you imagine how long the wait time will be for this? I’d much rather go to food and wine ... 😊

Old 8 Jul 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Must admit am glad we come home on 28th 😂 plus an excuse to go again to see it all when it has settled down over the next year or two..😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. We go in October and also have a 4 night club stay at HRH and then 10 nights at FQ with regular upgraded dinning.

I read your last report and looking forward to following this one especially the food parts! 👏

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. We go in October and also have a 4 night club stay at HRH and then 10 nights at FQ with regular upgraded dinning.

I read your last report and looking forward to following this one especially the food parts! 👏

Kat
Thanks. I’m really looking forward to the food but we have some exciting ADRs booked 😊😊😊

Old 9 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like you're going to have another fab trip. We are at pofq this summer for the first time too. Will we be there at the same time? Our trip is 14 nights at POFQ from 30th July and we go to RPR for 2 nights at the end of the trip on 13th August. I'll be the one with the cocktail in hand while ignoring (I mean supervising) the kids in the pool!

Hope you have a brilliant time, I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So my MNSSHP costume arrived today ... I’m going to be Maleficent of sorts ... I have some cool ears, a black tutu, purple vest and I’m claiming my daughter’s black cloak she is wearing for her school play on Monday.

Eva wants to go as Donald Duck who is her favourite character. I found a Donald Duck costume on eBay which looks OK .. I just hope it arrives in time and the sizing is ok or it will be a last minute change of plan!

Old 24 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

And it’s all change in Pez-land!

I booked HRH club level ages ago and always thought it was a tad pricey for the club room we booked. After a bit of back and forth and price watching I’ve changed our booking!

We now have first two nights at Portofino Bay with a bay view room and 3 nights at cabana bay in standard. Saved over £1000 on the HRH club price. I figured 3 days Express is enough to see off universal then a day at volcano bay with the last day chilling around the pool would be ideal.

We now have an extra £1000 which will more than cover our food and tips at Disney so it’s happy days.