Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerRah
Excited about Disney

Disneyland Hotel or NPB Compass Club?

Never been to DLP before and thinking of going for our wedding anniversary weekend at the beginning of October - I’ve been pestering you good people with questions for the last few weeks already!

We think we’ve narrowed it down to these two either NPB Compass Club or Disneyland Hotel Superior Room, which I think means the standard room.

For DH and I the pros and cons are:

NPB pros - more recently refurbished Compass Club benefits.

Cons - 15 min walk each way to the parks. I’m thinking if it’s raining or cold and we want to go back in the afternoon for a break (DH and I are older Disney fans, think 55+ and 70+ here folks). I’ve also read some reviews regarding cleanliness and housekeeping lacking.

Disneyland Hotel pros - obviously location, decor appears lighter then NPB, reviews I’ve read say very clean, good housekeeping.

Cons - not been refurbished (reviews say desperately in need of this). Could be much noisier in rooms. Obviously more expensive and no breakfast included like NPB CC.

Not sure what to do and need to choose quickly now if we’re going to do this as 30% off deal ends tomorrow. Anyone stayed in both or either? What was your experiences? Which would you go back to and why?

Thank so much for any pointers you can give me on this.
TigerRah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

If you can afford it then the Disneyland. We have stayed at both and have not had an issue with anything at either of them. There are buses you can get on that will take you back to Newport bay if you don’t want to walk.
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Currently in DLH and it's quiet where we are. Rooms will always need updating due to the amount of people visiting. It is a Victorian style hotel which some people forget. It is due it's refurb once HNY is complete.
Never stayed in NPB, would like to, the walk to/from it isn't putting us off its the size of the hotel that is haha
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We stayed in NPB compass club in February and DLH in July (room with a courtyard). If I could afford it I would take DLH every time, and the courtyard rooms are a great location. The rooms at DLH are bigger, the location can’t be beat, the hotel is generally quieter/more relaxed and the breakfast is considerably better than that served in the Compass Club (although the breakfast in the Compass Club is still good). Yes the decor is a little tired, but it’s not tatty. We didn’t use the pool at either location so I can’t comment on that.
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Sorry, one advantage that compass club does have over DLH is you get o e free any time fast pass per day per person. In busy periods this can be a real boon.
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerRah
Excited about Disney

Ah thank you for your replies everyone, very much appreciated .
TigerRah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely go for DLH!

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fenland girl View Post
Sorry, one advantage that compass club does have over DLH is you get o e free any time fast pass per day per person. In busy periods this can be a real boon.
Oh yes, I thought I remembered reading that the DLH doesn’t offer this any more. We got the any time fast pass when we stayed in the DLH a year or two ago, and it was a great bonus. If that’s only available through club level rooms now, that would definitely be a plus for the NPB CC room.

Having said that, DH and I are also torn over this. We’re vaguely planning another Christmas trip in the next few years, and he says he’d only consider the DLH for that time of year, for the location. (We all loved the DLH, but we were happy to stay in Santa Fe on our last trip on a tight budget.) I did think it was magical staying in the DLH, but I’m always keen to try out new hotels, so I’d like to stay in SL or NPB next time (especially if it would save some money.)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List