Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Sep 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile Gluten free on international drive

Hi. We are thinking of staying on international drive in a couple of years possibly at the homewood suites.

My son (10 years old) has just been diagnosed with coeliac disease and has to follow a strict gluten free diet.

Do the main restaurants on international drive cater for gluten free diets.

Many thanks
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Hi, we are going in May and we have to look for gluten free friendly restaurants as our daughter has coeliac disease also.

My wife reads up extensively and apparently the restaurants are very good in Orlando for catering for people with coeliac disease. A few places I have researched as offering gluten free outside of Disney (mainly around the I drive area) are:

Hot Krust Panini - everything can be gluten free
Toasted - 3 locations, toasted sandwiches / burgers
Burger 21 - Lots of GF options (esp. kids)
Fresh Kitchen - Totally GF, healthy (chicken, rice etc)
California Pizza Kitchen - GF Kid's pizza
Antonella's Pizza - GF available
Uno Pizzeria - Full GF menu available
Olive Garden - FUll GF menu available
Longhorn Steak House

Hope this helps a little (I feel your pain, sometimes it's a minefield)
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

Other restaurants that are good (sorry don’t know if on International drive) Outback Steakhouse, red lobster and we recently found a restaurant called BJ Brew with a great gluten free menu. Also found loads of gluten free cereal called Chex in Walmart if you get stuck for breakfast.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

BJ Brewhouse is my favourite place to eat. GF is much easier imo than here in the UK they are well informed. You won't go hungry or find your plate is almost empty as it often is here when they simply remove the gluten containing foods but not offer an alternative.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

On our last trip wifey had been diagnosed with it, as mentioned the places out there are more aware of it that over here and are very helpful, I checked up on everyone's websites to see if they are GF and the good ones were written down and we went to them.

The pizza hut at the top of I drive was really good and her pizza even came in a box rather than a plate to help with cross contamination.
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks everyone. That's reassuring. We're very new to all this and haven't eaten out at home yet. It's a bit daunting eating out for a full 2 weeks as we won't want to be cooking every meal while we're on holiday but want to keep our son safe. We will definitely be stocking up on cereals from the supermarket i think
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List