Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

last 2 weeks in september or sept/oct

Trying to decide between last 2 in september or first 2 in october, does anyone have any advice on what would be best? Heat / cost and queues wise
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We go every year mid-end sept/ beginning of Oct. Last 2 weeks in sept are usually quieter as all kids back in school, usually see it pick up then towards second week in oct as schools start breaking up. Weekends across the board been getting busier year on year.

Queue wise popular rides at peak times during week up to 120 mins but regularly between 35-55mins so smugglers run, tsm, rock n roller coaster etc (except hagrid at universal and slinky dog both longer) other rides run from walk on (iasmw / pooh/ star tours) to 25mins (potc/ kali rapids etc) so long as you fp the popular ones in advance or dont mind a later on the day fp you can ride most stuff with minimal wait. If your onsite and using EMH for disney/ US you can get loads done too.

Weather sept is hurricane season - some years we have had a few full days of rain, other years just the odd shower.

We got here on 20th sept this year. First proper rain today on/off for about 2 hours.

Temp late 20s up to low 30s, humid, feels a few degrees higher. Think lowest so far was 27 highest 34.

Cost depends on what you are doing? Ticket prices are ticket prices regardless of time of year. Hotel prices will be similar for both times as will flights.

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post

We have just done the last two weeks of September. We though it was absolutely boiling hot, must have been early to mid 30s most days, absolutely no way was it ever in the 20s (other than at night). It may have rained at night but we only noticed rain on two occasions for no more than twenty minutes each time. No issues with crowds but I don’t think we would come this time of year again because of the heat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We always go mid two weeks September for DH's birthday. Hurricane season runs from 1st June to 1st November so no point worrying about that. We have had times when we have had to take shoes off & wade to the bus stop at night but the recent holiday was the hottest & most humid we have ever had & even I, who never suffers prickly heat, actually got it round lower legs.We checked weather each morning on Disney site on TV & every afternoon it never went below 90° Never known it so dry either. Only one afternoon shower of 10 mins. It was to be honest draining this time & we actually talking about November (which we did once before due to DH's accident) was a lot cooler then to the point we only swam once & bought hoodies to wear in the evening but we did spend more time in the parks because of that admittedly.
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We just returned from Orlando on sat and didn't have a single drop of rain.
It was cloudy on and off for a couple days but very hot... perfect .

The Universal parks weren't too busy, most rides virtually a walk on, the only exception was the new Hagrid ride (Fantastic) which was 90 mins.
FJ and G HP rides were 20-60 mins depending on the time of day.
Old 1 Oct 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

We have just returned after being there from 10th - 28th Sept.

Weather was very hot, up in the mid 30's most days and very very humid although it didnt feel too bad towards the end of the last week (maybe we were adjusting). The whole trip had one afternoon rain shower that lasted around 30mins.

Queue-wise I would say everything was reasonable with most wait times under 30mins with the exception of Hagrids ride which never seemed to go much below 90mins unless you were there at opening (amazing ride!)

We also went to HHN where I would say queues were long but having spoken to others, this seems to be the norm.

September is our favourite time to go
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I agree with the others, usually go in September and maybe every other day have an afternoon storm, only once this year when we were just sunbathing & told to leave the pool as storm coming
I like the heat, but you have to pace yourself, on the other hand one year we were at HHN torrential rain, took my flip flops off & walked to the houses, at least it was warm rain
Want to take my Grandson in 2021 & DIL says she doesn’t want it too hot 😳so might have to do a different month, done February too cold ended up buying fleeces
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've just come back and was away 12th to 23rd September.

It just goes to show how everyone's perceptions of heat, crowds etc are so different!

It was very hot as others have said, never dropped below the 90s but I honestly didn't notice the humidity. There was only one day when I was far too hot and that was on the 17th queuing to get into Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP.

We had a few rain showers but they are very localised, in fact when my plane was coming in to land I could see a rain shower over one area and brilliant sunshine in the area next to it!

It hacked it down on the 14th when I was at Disney Springs but only lasted 15-20 minutes and it also poured for about 15 minutes on the 19th at Epcot and we sheltered under a tree, but as others have said, it's warm rain so it didn't really bother us.

We had no real issues with queues and agree with the other posters.

I would add that the lovebugs were appearing as we left which are darned annoying beasties but they are around for a relatively short time and are an irritation more than anything else.

I would definitely go mid-end September again.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

thanks for the replies, Im not liking the sound of the high temperatures in September, but I suppose there is no guarantee that October would be cooler LOL
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We went first two weeks of September this year and having been end of October and February before I was quite worried the heat would spoil the holiday but I actually loved it. We went out to parks early, had pool time in the afternoon and went out to the parks again at night. I was put off by Hurricane Dorian though so not sure I would go at that time again but majority of rides had low queues.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List