Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Oct 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Opinions on Disney? Why i am disgusted

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

We have just got back from our 2 week holiday from Orlando and must say we had a fantastic time, however this has been playing on myself and my partners mind so wanted to share our views purely on Disney and other theme parks, because this kind of ruined the magic a little this year.

It could be because we've been 7 times now, it could be, it may not be, but we have felt that it doesn't feel as special anymore and the magic has worn off a little and we are starting to take the view that all Disney and other theme parks are now just a typical large business with chief executives sat there rubbing their hands together finding ways to maximize profits and make as much money as possible.

Generally we are very optimistic people, quite open/happy and not pessimists and don't look on the black side of life, but for some reason it just seems all about the ''money'' nowadays and the reason for this I will share now...……………………..

Tickets as we all know now for 14 days is just shy of £400 each, probably more going into 2020, car parking is now $25 per day which can run into 100's of dollars, prices have gone up drastically all around the parks and FP selections are now reduced with certain attractions.

Then the thing that really gets up our nose more than anything is when Disney announce annual profits of over 12 billion dollars and rising and then take things away like Rivers of Light and amazing fun shows such as the Burudika Band because its costing them ''too much money''

Are you serious Disney? Too much money?
I'm sure some will agree/whereas some will not, but it just comes across as pure ''greed''

Its just silly little things like this, and a tiny example and small snippet (im sure Dibbers can think of others) that have made us come to the conclusion that we have, yet Disney want more from us, yet taking small things away that make your holiday feel ''special'' and ''fun'' just ruins things slightly for us, so just wanted to share really and get your opinions whether you agree with us or not, so will look forward to your replies.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

capitalism, yo!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
take things away like Rivers of Light and amazing fun shows such as the Burudika Band because its costing them ''too much money''

Are you serious Disney? Too much money?
I'm sure some will agree/whereas some will not, but it just comes across as pure ''greed''
Did you put too much money in quotes because that is what Disney announced, using those exact words?

Do you have a link to it please?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a Rivers of Light fastpass for next week! Hope it hasn't gone. 🙁
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

In other words, that's a bit like me being potential millionaire if I won the lottery and being too tight saying I cant afford a loaf of bread!
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Did you put too much money in quotes because that is what Disney announced, using those exact words?

Do you have a link to it please?
No I didn't put it into quotes because that's what Disney actually announced, but hopefully this link says it all when they talk of ''budget cuts'' I think that's the same thing when it comes to maximizing profit and saving money.orlandoweekly/Blogs/...ttendance-lags
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree, although we are going once again next June when it will be the first time for our grandson, it is definitely now a money making machine. Our last visit in 2017 really seemed flat and I appreciate after some 13 visits it does lose some edge I didn’t really enjoy Disney. Add to that the current extortionate car park charges I definitely would not be going back if not to take my grandson. However it will definitely be my last Disney visit
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry, my mistake.

I just read a headline about rivers of light cancelled and got it confused with the other attractions that were axed by Disney, but it read cancelled due to weather.

Sorry about that
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Its not just Disney, but universal seem to be bucking the trend also.

I don't know if any of you went to HHN recently this year, but it was diabolical.

£800 we paid for 2 FF tickets and the scare zones were a joke and practically non-existent.

More money, higher prices, offering less and less every year and more than likely having meetings about how can we do a HHN for as little money as possible.
And as for that show...….Academy of Villains, whats that all about?

Inexperienced dancers that cant even dance in time with each other and a show that made no sense whatsoever, again cheap entertainment.
It was like watching an audition of BGT, but worse

I know we are all entitled to our own opinion, but when Americans love it and back it all the way, all this is going to do is encourage Universal to keep getting away with it and trying the same thing.

How long have we put up with chainsaws in Krustyland now, year in year out, its not even scary anymore and getting very tedious.

I could keep going as I can think of several more, but one I cannot be bothered as it wont change anything and secondly I just wont be giving them my money anymore which is why is nearly told a Universal staff member where to go when he tried to stop me and ask my feedback as I left, because they don't/wont listen anyway so whats the point?

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I'm not sure whether it's because we were on site with free dining, but I didn't come away thinking I had been ripped off at all. Certainly the tipping was a lot (we chose to upgrade to DDP as it was my OH's first time and my first after 10 year break but will stick to QSDP until we have kids now) and the merchandise was expensive, but that's all.

We felt that as an all inclusive all activities paid holiday it was actually good value for money. I am sure if we had to pay for our parking and food OOP however, we would have a different opinion. We don't do any of the extras such as dessert parties or paid after hours.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List