Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
Thanks for the advice, think I'll just steer clear but don't like the BA prices coming out for Sept-Oct!
I know that LGW-MCO prices are a little steep, which is why we've booked 19 Sep-03 Oct into Tampa for £1002 for two adults including a large car.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
I know that LGW-MCO prices are a little steep, which is why we've booked 19 Sep-03 Oct into Tampa for £1002 for two adults including a large car.
We don't have that option going with a friend next year and not having a car, so relying on the magical express!
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
Yes, it's a letter of intent but you'd assume Jet Blue know more than the rest of us and wouldn't be entertaining the conversations if Norwegian were going bust anytime soon.
True, but Thomas Cook held letters of intent from Fosun and three large UK retail banks and that didn't stop them going bust.

A letter of intent is better than nothing but in reality it's no different than booking a hotel room that doesn't require a deposit, they can pull out at any time with no consequences
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I will be booking with them if the price is right👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I will be booking with them if the price is right👍
And quite rightly so, a company actively selling its products (in this case seats) will survive. It's only when people stop buying that the preverbial hits the fan.

As with any airplane ticket (or in fact large purchase) I'd be using a credit card and insurance to protect my purchase but I'd do that no matter who the airline was
Old 24 Oct 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
danny68
Apprentice Imagineer

danny68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

They have reported there best ever quarterly results this morning so hopefully things are looking up.
2008 Port Orleans Riverside
2015 Terra Verde & RPR
danny68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

They have yet again, sold off assets to achieve that turnover.
They have sold 70% of their lease in their airbus fleet.
reuters/article/us-n...KBN1X30CX?il=0

Will be running out of assets to sell off
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
They have yet again, sold off assets to achieve that turnover.
They have sold 70% of their lease in their airbus fleet.
reuters/article/us-n...KBN1X30CX?il=0

Will be running out of assets to sell off
That is quiet a negative way of explaining what has happened. What it actually shows is the underlying business model is a profitable one. What they have done is reduced their commitment to servicing the purchase of new aircraft to handle their expansion. Reducing debt and increasing profits.

It shows confidence in their business model that someone wants to come and help fund the purchase of these new aircraft and partner with them. I don't think Norwegian ever wanted to own a big fleet all to themselves but to expand they had to invest.

They have expanded - its worked - and now they are handling their debts and returning to profitability. Its far from unusual and its whats been demanded of them from their investors as part of that two year deal.

All this should drive confidence in booking with them not hurt it.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I personally wouldn't book them. They came in really cheap when we were looking over the last few months but I didn't want to go cheap and risk it.
Old 24 Oct 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
I personally wouldn't book them. They came in really cheap when we were looking over the last few months but I didn't want to go cheap and risk it.
People happily book with Virgin who have issued profit warnings and arent even planning on going into profit until 2021!

Norwegian are in profit right now... and there is no reason to think they will not stay in profit with this deal now secured. It was the expansion and debt which was their problem. Now resolved.

And then we all moan about the cost of transatlantic travel but we aren't prepared to back the one company successfully driving down costs while maintaining good standards.

I am going to keep fighting for Norwegian as its nothing but scaremongering going on about them.

I can't say if they will go bust or not, the whole industry is a mess, but they are further from the brink than most today.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List