Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Natural plug ins

I love plug ins and candles but they give me a headache and sore throat so I’m always buying them out putting them away. Last night my friend came round and I’d had a plug in on earlier while I cleaned and she really struggled, it was making her cough and chesty and I had to open all the windows. She said it had happened at someone else’s house too with plug ins.
Does anyone know of any more natural ones that don’t affect your head or chest/breathing? Or any other suggestions for something similar
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Try an oil burner instead. The type where you put the little candle underneath and water above. Find an essential oil you like & use 3-4 drops (pure essential oil not synthetic oil).

I like to burn lemongrass in the kitchen. A mix of tea tree oil and lavender when there are lurgies around.

The downside is that you need to keep an eye on it and make sure you blow the candle out before the water all evaporates. Also if your putting the burner on a wooden table make sure you pop a coaster underneath so you don't get a burn ring on the table.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mother in law use joss sticks a lot don’t know if that helps
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for replies. I have an oil burner - I’ll look for different oils - lemon grass sounds nice and I also have an oil steamer thing. It plugs in and you add water and a few drops of essential oils - I actually got it for eucalyptus when I had sinus troubles - I’ve dug thatvout this morning.
I also found in google about the reed diffusers. I have a few but they are synthetic oil but I’ll get some nice essential oils and a carrier oil and re-use them.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We have an electric wax melter, which is great as you can turn it on and off when you need it. We have it in the kitchen for cooking smells and don’t find it overpowering as we can turn it off if it gets too much.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shona View Post
We have an electric wax melter, which is great as you can turn it on and off when you need it. We have it in the kitchen for cooking smells and don’t find it overpowering as we can turn it off if it gets too much.
The Yankee candles give me headache - not sure re the wax melts as I don’t use them often but I don’t know if it would be the same effect? I’ve just dug our my oil burner and tea tree essential oil.
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Why do you need any of this stuff. Buy a bunch of flowers and get a natural smell or just open the windows.

I dont think our bodies should be assaulted with these unnatural smells.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List