Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

We came back just over a week ago. DH has 11 different medications to take as a result of his double bypass and he's a diabetic so he has insulin as well. He carries them all in their original packaging. He's been searched by TSA because of the insulin being in a cold pack but they paid zero attention to the other meds.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by geniefan View Post
I am the OP.

So, confusing replies on this thread.

In a nutshell... am I okay to just take one strip of tramadol tablets (containing just 25 tablets) WITHOUT a prescription slip, as long as its in the box with my name on it, given to me this summer?

Im only taking one strip of 25 because its pointless me taking the whole box of 100 tablets when theres no way I'm going to need 100 tramadol tablets on a 7 day holiday. I might not even need to touch any of the 25, but its just in case.
The consensus on here is to take the original packaging with the pharmacy label and your name on it. If you want to take just one sheet just put that in the box. Personally I’d take the 100... this would cover for most delays to returning home.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Yeah maybe it would be easier taking the whole box of 100. They might get funny if they see I've taken one strip out of a box where there should be 100. Like I've sold them or something? ha ha

I dont want no troubles I just want to go on holiday but having a medication condition makes things stressful
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yeah maybe it would be easier taking the whole box of 100. They might get funny if they see I've taken one strip out of a box where there should be 100. Like I've sold them or something? ha ha

I dont want no troubles I just want to go on holiday but having a medication condition makes things stressful
Or given that you got them this summer they might just assume you'd taken the others? I know I would.

I'd be more suspicious of a basically unopened prescription medicine that had been lying about for months - that screams unnecessary medication and taking more than required for the purposes of medication whilst on the trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

But that's the thing, because I was given them in the summer and not taken any, that's why they have removed them from my repeat prescription list.

oh stuff it I'll just take a strip of 25 tablets in the box from the summer. Its got my name and stuff on it.
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

But that's the thing, because I was given them in the summer and not taken any, that's why they have removed them from my repeat prescription list.

oh stuff it I'll just take a strip of 25 tablets in the box from the summer. Its got my name and stuff on it.
That's what I'd do.

It proves they were issued to you by a licensed pharmacist.

It shows you aren't bringing in any more medicines than you could conceivably require (i.e. not bringing in some spares to sell on)

And masses of people are on medication it is nothing new to the people in the airport
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

I think I'm just so worried because I'm a female travelling on my own... and remember there was that girl who took tramadol into Egypt and ended up in prison? I think she took hundreds, and then lied about having a boyfriend or something didnt she? I'm just anxious that's all lol
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

The girl taking tramadol into Egypt is an extreme case of illegally sourced drug smuggling. Not someone going on holiday for a week with their own prescription drugs. Just take the strip of 25 in the original box and don't give it another thought.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
The girl taking tramadol into Egypt is an extreme case of illegally sourced drug smuggling. Not someone going on holiday for a week with their own prescription drugs. Just take the strip of 25 in the original box and don't give it another thought.
Thank you, I think I will

I just get anxious flying anyway, and I'm doing this on my own trying to be all brave and boost my confidence and I'm just worried sick about being arrested for taking my medication into the country! But I won't think anymore about it, I dont have a prescription because I got this box of tramadol in the summer. So I'll just take the strip of 25 in the box, and be done with it.
Old 23 Oct 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

You're never on your own, there's a few hundred dibbers right behind you. Ask if you need help - and always be amazed by the conflicting array of help and advice and completely irrelevant viewpoints offered - in fact to steal a well misused phrase - in Disney you're probably never more than 10' away from a Dibber!

Edited at 04:19 PM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List