Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve got one, worked really well initially but still now get junk mail although less.

So annoying when they ignore completely though 😡😡
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by CAD View Post
Silly question but is there a standard sign to use or is it case of getting one from ebay etc?
I got mine off E Bay. However it relates to cold callers and political canvassers not junk mail.

Mine is right by the door bell but if it was relating to junk mail I would put it above the letter box.

You can design it yourself with certain sellers.

I find it funny to see people on my CCTV come down the drive, read the sign and then go away.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
We have certainly seen a difference since we got one. We still get Royal Mail junk but little else.
As mentioned above you can opt out of Royal Mail junk mail. They do not advertise it widely as they are paid to deliver it. It is valid for 2 years then you have to re-apply. Works fairly well we have been doing it for years. Do have to sometimes ring them and get them to speak to the sorting office and remind them not to deliver junk to our address.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Nope don’t work! We’ve got one and I still get it. Such a waste of palate and plastic drives me mad.
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for all of the replies. We do have the Royal Mail opt out in place and that seems to work - it’s the individual ones which are becoming a nuisance.

I think our issue is because we are a in a new build development which has just been joined to a massive one - lots of houses in a small space so easy to post these flyers.

We will give it a go!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love all my free charity bags. I check if they are genuine and of not woohoo more free rubbish sacks. Just using one now for clothes recycling.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have one which says no to junk mail, cold callers, religious groups, you name it. We never get anything so it clearly works. I think we just printed a generic one off the internet.
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Just curious... why does it bother people when it takes 2 seconds to put them in the recycling bin?
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Just curious... why does it bother people when it takes 2 seconds to put them in the recycling bin?
In the UK 2016, junk mail accounted for 550,000 tons of household waste
33% of this is addressed mail
67% is unaddressed junk mail
only 13% of junk mail was recycled

On top of that there is the paper production, the ink, the printing, the delivering in bulk to distributors, the delivering to each household. Then the cost of collecting the rubbish, of recycling or landfilling it.

It bothers me.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mum-marshmallow
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
royal mail will stick the junk mail through regardless of a sign. you can however opt out, just google door to door opt out and itll tell you how to do it.
i didn't know you could do this! thank you! will make such a difference
Mum-marshmallow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List