Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 May 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikki2916
Helping Minnie

Which Character Dining?

We are staying off site and would like to do a character dining so that the kids can meet all the ‘main characters’.
Where would people suggest? Inventions or Plaza Gardens?
I thought Plaza Gardens only did breakfast, but I can only book from midday onwards, so maybe that’s not the case 🤷🏼
Vikki2916 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

We've decided to go all out and the do the Inventions Sunday Brunch, it'll be on a non park day for us
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikki2916
Helping Minnie

Did you telephone to book the brunch? If I book online I can only book from 6pm onwards.
Vikki2916 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vikki2916 View Post
Did you telephone to book the brunch? If I book online I can only book from 6pm onwards.
We aren’t going until Feb, but we will have to
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
doradaxplorer
Imagineer

doradaxplorer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 21
How can you book online please?
doradaxplorer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Plaza Gardens only has characters at breakfast. You can’t book the character breakfast at 60 days ahead in the same way you can for all the other restaurants.

If you pay in full up front you can add it to your hotel booking and secure a reservation. Otherwise it’s a case of booking it 3 days ahead on the phone or in resort whilst you are there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

If price is important, then Plaza Gardens breakfast is a great budget way to meet lots of the main characters.

If money isn’t so important, my vote would be Inventions. We enjoyed both, but Inventions was much more relaxed. The tables were better spaced, much more choice of food, the characters spent longer at each table and often interacted with each other and guests while moving between tables. The characters all came back to us more than once, and it felt like they had much more freedom to do their own thing than at PG.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikki2916
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
If price is important, then Plaza Gardens breakfast is a great budget way to meet lots of the main characters.

If money isn’t so important, my vote would be Inventions. We enjoyed both, but Inventions was much more relaxed. The tables were better spaced, much more choice of food, the characters spent longer at each table and often interacted with each other and guests while moving between tables. The characters all came back to us more than once, and it felt like they had much more freedom to do their own thing than at PG.
Thank you, that’s great. I think that’s made the decision for us!
Old 12 May 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Just be mindful that Inventions brunch is also about 3 times the price of the Plaza Gardens breakfast (99 Euros vs. 35 Euros per person). Also while Inventions is relaxed be prepared to be there for around 3 hours to see all the characters, which has happened to me on multiple occasions.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Does anyone know if Inventions and/or ADC offer different character experiences based on when you dine, i.e. afternoon or evening? Or is it generally consistent in terms of number of characters?
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List