Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Apr 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile Rosen Shingle Creek

Due to a change of plans we are staying here for a week in October now. We have booked through TC so get free parking I believe. What else can people tell me about this hotel? It looks stunning to be honest and we are really excited. Are any of the restaurants worth visiting? And do they apply a credit card hold on check in like the other Rosen properties? Has anyone done the nature trail and is there any particular floor or block we should request?
TIA
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

It's my favourite hotel, I've stayed there 3 times and will again. It's vast and personally I prefer a room close to the elevator but it can get a bit noisy at "rush hour".

I love the buffet breakfast in Cafe Osceola, quite expensive but a nice treat if you are planning a pool morning. There is a shop/fast food area where you can get Danish and coffee and cooked breakfast (served in a polystyrene box like McD). It's a vast area and they sell all sorts. Fab ice cream parlour and cocktail bar, both leading onto a Terrace near the pools.

The car parks can get busy and you might have to park in the far corner ! Security staff drive golf buggies round the car parks and will offer you a lift back to the main entrance.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We stayed here last year for 2 weeks, it’s a great hotel. Would absolutely pick again. We also ate from the takeaway, at night though. We had some of their sandwiches to share. We ate in their steakhouse ( best I’ve had in Orlando , hands down!) and the Italian which was also fantastic, but I’ve said this before, if you’re going to eat in them get a voucher from restaurant.com which will help bring the cost down.
Also agree about the car park. It’s huge but there are actually call points you can use to get someone to come collect you. I think they are blue boxes but ask at reception. A tip on the car park is don’t walk up to the entrance outside, it’s pretty far in the heat. Head straight over to the doors at the convention centre and walk through there.

About the credit card hold, I didn’t have to leave one as it was only if I was going to charge to my room in which case they would take a hold of $100 per night which there was no way we would spend that there.

Edited at 08:15 AM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both. I’ve just looked at the steakhouse on trip advisor and restaurant.com and as it’s my birthday when we are there may book here as a treat as it looks lovely! Will also definitely be trying the buffet breakfast!
Thank you for the tips regarding the car park, we are all really looking forward to staying here!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I stayed there for 1 night on the day I arrived back in 2017 and definitely rated it. Great rooms and public areas, the room was lovely (super comfy bed!) and there are so many restaurants to choose from as well as a convenience store onsite. I did half of one of the nature trails on my first morning and it was very serene and quiet. If it helps, I have some pics in my "Soraia goes solo" trip report which you can find in my signature. Have a great time!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LES353
Apprentice Imagineer

LES353's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just back today from a weeks stay there. Really liked the hotel. We were in Tower 2 on the second floor and had a nice view of the golf course and lane pool.

We enjoyed sitting at the lane pool, found it that bit quieter and very relaxing. Nice touch with the chilled free water available at pool.

We did have a few ice creams at the pool which were very reasonably priced. We had a few cocktails but wouldn't do everyday as quite pricey.

The room was lovely nice comfortable bed but I did find the pillows quite uncomfortable bit too high. There is a good sized fridge in the room which kept our wine, beer, milk and stuff to make rolls.

You will enjoy your time there
Old 19 Apr 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone! Really looking forward to it now
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lesliejohn
slightly serious Dibber

Morning
Considering a stay here ourselves end of May, we don’t drive there though , so what is roughly the cab fare from there to say wet n wild on I drive please?

Edited at 09:54 AM.
lesliejohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Staying here myself in 5 days time ! Beyond excited !
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lesliejohn View Post
Morning
Considering a stay here ourselves end of May, we don’t drive there though , so what is roughly the cab fare from there to say wet n wild on I drive please?
Hi Leslie
Rosen shingle creek is a bit further out and ideally would be more beneficial with a car , incidentally Wet & Wild is no longer open , but you could look at Aquatica ... for an idea I would look at the Uber app if you put the distance in it will give you an idea of costs. Uber is cheaper than taxis
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List