Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jun 22, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

A relaxed military trip. May 2022. Day 9. Seaworld and celebrations

Thursday 19th May

Index

Todays plan was seaworld for the coasters. I don’t usually ride but this was another thing I didn’t want to regret trying.
We took a trolley to seaworld, again, we should have got off at the stop before the entrance.
Today was a little later so more field trip coaches. One school bus thought it would be a good idea to block off the road while he waited to get in, not very popular. It took about 10 minutes to get dropped off. The kids were queuing, we knew to bypass on the right and we were straight in.
Matt speed matched me to mako. It was a 10 minute wait but as we got to the ride a field trip leader called us over to her row. It was right at the back, may as well go all in so we joined her and chatted. Her group were in front, it was one of the girls first ever coaster.
It was terrifying but amazing.
Straight over to Kracken next. This was a 5 minute wait, this was good for the neves.
I enjoyed mako more.
Manta was down for the day so we walked over to the new ride, ice breaker. Matt called this a baby ride. It was the longest wait time, 40 minutes. A field trip group were in front playing guess what am I. The leader had chose an animal, I wanted to ask if I could join in but chickened out. Anyway, the game lasted a good 15 minutes and it was a camel which I guessed after they asked if it lived in the desert.
Finally we were on, we both really enjoyed this and it was fun. It goes forward, back then all the the way round.
No photos from today as I only took my bumbag with tickets, card and the trolley passes in. I didn’t want to faff about with lockers or leaving stuff while we rode.
We always get lost trying to exit, today was no different.
I popped in a shop to get a drink as it was so hot again.
Trolley didn’t take long and we headed back to the hotel.
A couple of girls were in fancy dress on the trolley, a quick Google told us megacon was happening at the convention centre, thus was the first day.
We called dd then I showered.
Today was another big Everton match, Matt left first as I wasn’t quite ready, to the walk ons bar.
I waited for a trolley, stayed on one stop more than I should so it was half time by the time I got there. Score was 2-0 down, not great news. The other Everton fan from the previous game was there as well.
Second half was an epic battle and Everton pulled out all the stops, they ended up winning 3-2.
By now I knew every outcome for Everton to stay up.
I was on my phone updating dd and friends.
It was an emotional moment for Matt knowing that Everton were now safe and not having to worry anymore. I love watching fans storm the pitch.
Must of had some happy hour drinks here.

We decided to celebrate and went to pointe Orlando to Cuba libra happy hour. We had 3 drinks here.

Total $29
We hadn’t eaten yet and only had left overs from the Alehouse so we were quite tipsy and thought food was a good idea.
On the way I had a photo by wonderworks.
The trolley stop is next door and we saw loads of people filming themselves and taking photos here.
This is my drunken effort.

We took a trolley to eat at chilis, no photos, must have been too hungry.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thank goodness Everton won :sgrin
And well done on the roller coasters. I find as I get older Roller coasters are harder on my body!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done riding the coasters

Joan
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Well done riding the coasters

Joan
Thank you.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thank goodness Everton won :sgrin
And well done on the roller coasters. I find as I get older Roller coasters are harder on my body!
It was a huge result, football is really important to Matt.
I was determined to conquer those coasters this visit.
Old 11 Jun 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Those Seaworld coasters are terrifying. We've not been back since 2017 as I'm a bit of a wuss! Sounds like a fun evening.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Those Seaworld coasters are terrifying. We've not been back since 2017 as I'm a bit of a wuss! Sounds like a fun evening.
They are so high. its good we were straight on.