Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 8 - Disney Springs & Magic Kingdom

The dining report for today is here.

The plan for today was MK in the afternoon/evening. I had set an alarm to book 7DMT but woke just before it. I booked it for 4.10pm with the plan to try and stack rides for later in the day but the problem with Genie plus is you can’t choose a time. I ended up booking Peter Pan even though we wouldn’t be bothered about riding that. It would have been great if we were in the park as the times are all early.
We went over to the food court and got breakfast. Marie and I got the waffle and dad the American breakfast. Mum just wanted toast and we had bought bread a couple of days before so took a couple of slices across to toast. We didn’t eat in as the food court was pretty busy. I only have a picture of one of the waffle breakfasts.

After breakfast Marie and I decided to head to Disney Springs for a browse. I bought a sweatshirt I’d seen in the resort shop who didn’t have my size. We also bought a mug for the neighbour keeping an eye on the house. For the first time there wasn't a queue outside the Lego store so we popped in.

We didn't buy anything. The change rate is so bad there's no point .

We wanted a drink so went to the Daily Poutine as it was close. We decided to split a Canadian.

This wasn’t as good as either of us remembered. Maybe because it was in a tray not a bowl so the gravy had made the chips soggy.
While we were eating Dad texted to ask if we wanted them to come and meet us for lunch. We just said yes since we’d only had a few chips. They arrived after about half an hour and we headed to Chicken Guy. No one was really hungry so 3 of us split a 5 tenders meal and got extra drinks and Mum got a chocolate milkshake. The chicken here is really nice and I was disappointed we didn't get back here this trip. Sauces were chipotle ranch and honey mustard.

We browsed in a few more shops. I bought a lipstick in Sephora and a present for my niece. I got a free gift for signing up to their loyalty club. Apparently you get a birthday reward too so hopefully get that next year.
Couple of DS pictures.

We headed back to the resort and got ready to go to MK. I had moved our Liberty Tree Tavern reservation and then cancelled it because there was no way Mum would eat a big meal and to be honest none of us felt like we would have managed it. Mum was still feeling rough so decided not to come but while we were waiting at the bus stop she appeared saying she felt better. We got the bus since it was MK. One arrived after a few minutes but POFQ is the farthest away stop so we had a bit of a hike .
We walked up Main Street through the shops and as we came out the parade was just starting. We found ourselves in a shaded area back a bit from the main path and no one standing there. We weren't in the way of the shop door and couldn't believe we had managed by pure accident to get a shaded spot where we weren’t in anyones way without having to wait hours . We stayed and watched it.

We had a LL for Buzz and I’d booked Big Thunder Mountain with stacking but when I went to change the time (by cancelling and rebooking) I couldn’t make another one. I just left it until we’d rode Buzz then made one for a couple of hours later. After we rode Buzz we finally managed to get on the People Mover then went to Fantasyland.

Tron is definitely coming on but at this point it seemed like the landscaping was the main thing to be done. Probably a lot further on now.

We went to Gaston’s for a Le Fous brew. This also wasn’t as good as I remembered. We got the Donald dome cake to split but Mum and Dad didn’t want any so just me and Marie. It was lemon and blueberry and was lovely and light.

Mum waited in Gastons while we rode 7DMT. This was the only time we rode as we didn't want to pay for ILL again.

After this we headed to Big Thunder Mountain then it was time for dinner. We decided on Columbia Harbour House and mobile ordered. I got salmon and rice. Marie the trio of shrimp, chicken and fish, mum the clam chowder and dad the shrimp skewer. This was nice but the rice was a bit plain and maybe I should have got fries. I always find this a good shout for nice food and the ability to get a table!

We left after dinner and there was a bus after just a few minutes wait so it wasn't too bad.

My notes stop here and I have no idea what we did for the rest of the evening .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A relaxed stroll around DS. We've not been to Chicken Guy. Did you enjoy the chicken there more, less, the same as Homecomin? I'm assuming the prices are very different as Chicken Guy is QS.

A shame you didn't make it to LTT in the evening, I can't wait to try that put and I don't even care that it will be boiling hot and we won't really fancy the thanksgiving style meal! We've favoured Garden Grill in the past and loved it there, but I decided we had to actually try LTT.

The construction for Tron looks good, I can't wait to see what it looks like when we go this summer. Surely they are aiming for an Autumn opening?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A relaxed stroll around DS. We've not been to Chicken Guy. Did you enjoy the chicken there more, less, the same as Homecomin? I'm assuming the prices are very different as Chicken Guy is QS.

A shame you didn't make it to LTT in the evening, I can't wait to try that put and I don't even care that it will be boiling hot and we won't really fancy the thanksgiving style meal! We've favoured Garden Grill in the past and loved it there, but I decided we had to actually try LTT.

The construction for Tron looks good, I can't wait to see what it looks like when we go this summer. Surely they are aiming for an Autumn opening?
Chicken Guy is nicer than the chicken at Homecomin’ in my opinion but it probably helps that it’s chicken strips and not on the bone. I think the coating is nicer. The downside is there’s not much indoor seating. And yes, prices are better!

We love LTT and it was Dads favourite the last time they came with us but it just wouldn’t have been worth it that day. Unfortunately we didn’t have anywhere to squeeze it in. I think sometimes it’s nicer when doing a later park day to just go with the flow for dinner anyway, rather than have to be somewhere at a certain time.

I read somewhere they expect Tron to be done later this year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day and some nice food

Joan
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lots of green beans😉
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Lots of green beans😉
Too many! Still can’t face them .

Trip Report Index