Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Nov 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

:) The Clifford's Honeymoon

Hello!

I am so excited to now be a part of The Dibb after reading through lots of trip reports and dreaming of all the food in the Foodie trip reports!
So, my fiancé and I have just booked our honeymoon – A two-week vacation to Orlando which we are counting the days down for, along with our wedding! We booked through Thomas Cook after finding an amazing deal online and getting extra discount from our lovely travel rep, Helen when we went in to enquire, we could not say no at the price so booked up then and there!

Elizabeth (25)
I’m Elizabeth, the writer of this trip report and the Bride to be. This will be my fourth time to Florida – Twice when I was little with family, Once with Alex back in 2013. I love anything Disney, I’m obsessed with Harry Potter and I am a real foodie (No wonder we booked to go to Florida then...) I work in fashion and absolutely love my job. My favourite Disney film is Beauty and the Beast and I cannot wait to dine at Be Our Guest when we go on our Disneymoon.

Alexander (25)
Alex is also 25, his birthday is three days before mine which makes it an expensive time in our house! Alex also loves Disney and all things Hogwarts! He also loves Star Wars. Alex is a thrill seeker so you will find him on all the “scary” rides while you will find me sat watching the bags! Alex is an actor in theatre and occasionally films – Our wedding is theatre themed. We met at university five years ago and hit it off straight away. As I said previously, Alex and I travelled to Orlando for our first proper holiday together back in 2013, we had the most amazing time and are looking forward to experiencing it all again.

Alex popped the question on top of Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh, we were there for the Edinburgh Fringe festival which is our most favourite place to go and I would recommend it to anyone!

The Honeymoon

We are travelling on the 18th of April from Manchester to the happiest place on earth. We will be staying at The Ramada Gateway which has very mixed reviews on Trip Advisor which is somewhat worrying but if the room is clean that’s all that matters.
We will be staying overnight the day before our flight from Manchester just to make life a little easier for us. We are going to be visiting Universal and Disney on this trip so it will be a full two weeks on the go! We have been using The Dibb to help plan our holiday which we have a rough plan for. Here is a rough plan we put together from using the busy day guide

18th – Flight
19th – Epcot
20th – Islands of adventure
21st – Hollywood Studios
22nd - Magic Kingdom
23rd - Universal Studios
24th - Blizzard Beach
25th - Animal Kingdom
26th - Chill day & Medieval Times
27th – Typhoon Lagoon
28th - Universal Studios & Islands of adventure
29th - International Drive day
30th - Disney hotel tour / Disney Springs / Disney mini Golf / Disney Boardwalk
1st - No plans so far – Favourite park maybe?
2nd - Flight home

Alex and I have looked through lots of different menu’s and have chosen the following must do’s -

50’s Prime time café
Flame Tree BBQ
Be Our Guest
Fairfax fare
Earl of sandwich (we went here last time and lots when we went to Disneyland Paris, it was a massive hit with us!)
Kona Café - for breakfast
IHOP
Denny’s
The Leaky Cauldron
Panda Express

If anyone has any recommendations for us that would be excellent!

We would also be really interested to read what others have planned for their honeymoon or holiday to Florida and welcome and ideas or inspiration for our own!

We look forward to chatting with you, Bye for now!

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like it will be a fabulous honeymoney.