bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
A magical time on board the magic: Day 2 at Sea

Day 2 At Sea
Sunday 26th September 2021
Cabanas, Pool time, Disney Music Trivia, Tequila and Margarita tasting, Oceaneers Club, Rapunzel’s Royal Table, Disney Dreams

We woke at around 7am for our second day at sea. Andy went up to get us coffees and waters from deck 9 and we relaxed on the verandah admiring the view. The sunrise was on the other side of the ship today but it was still a great view.

We all agreed we wanted to go back to Cabana’s for breakfast today so got dressed and ready to head up and fill our plates.

More Disneybounding! Can you guess the characters?

Today’s breakfast choices

After another fabulous breakfast, we went for a stroll around outside and stopped for some pictures before setting up camp by the swimming pool.

It was super quiet as the pool had just opened so the girls took advantage and went in Goofy’s pool whilst Andy and I chilled in the hot tub next to it watching them - absolute bliss!

Pluto making a random guest appearance whilst we were in the pool!

Then we went over to the splash zone and some more twist and spout time.

After a really great time, we went back to our room to dry off and change. Our luggage tags and tips letter had arrived, which we completed and put in envelopes later in the day.

We were fascinated by all the wind turbines in the sea and were trying to rack our brains how they would have be installed!

Next on our agenda was Family Animation, in the promenade lounge. We left about 10 mins before it was due to start but when we got there it was totally full. This area really wasn’t set up for family animation and there were tables of four being used for people on their own which was really frustrating. Feeling really disappointed, we just left as there was literally nowhere to sit. We all felt a bit flat as we had been chatting about it earlier in the day and there were no more classes that fitted in to our plan.

Love these carpets!

We decided to regroup back in our room. We all felt a bit disappointed and flat so we came up with a plan to make the rest of the day even better.

We had a chat and agreed that we would get to the Disney Tunes Trivia even earlier to make sure we got a good seat. We still had some time to kill so we started packing our cases to save doing it later (much to the girls’ disgust!)

On our way to Fathoms!

Our plan worked and we were one of the first ones to arrive and we managed to secure one of these awesome booths

Our water bottles from Asda in action!

By the time the trivia started the place was full and there was a really good buzz.

They played clips from various Disney songs and you got a point for the name of the song and the name of the movie it was from.

Game faces

We luckily had some High School Musical and Descendants mega fans in our team as there were a couple of random ones that had most people stumped. Our expert knowledge wasn’t quite enough again and we came second overall!

Totting up our score!

After a brilliant time quizzing, we went up to Donald’s to try the shawarma and some chips and hot dogs. We tried both the lamb and the chicken and they were both great.

After lunch the girls had another visit to the kids club and Andy and I went to get a cocktail from Signals and sat outside. It was a lovely place to chill. We both chose the cocktail of the day, which I can’t remember the name of but it had Malibu in it and it was gorgeous.

After chilling for a while we headed down to Keys for our third and final tasting - tequila and margarita tasting!

This was really great and again super interesting. We got to try and learn about silver, reposado and anejo tequilas and have a traditional margarita and a mango margarita. I loved the reposado it had much less of a burn than the silver. The anejo was much longer aged and tasted more like whiskey to me.

Our favourite tequila was the Casamigos (of George Clooney fame) so smooth!

Afterwards, we went for a bit of a stroll then picked up the girls. Immy had won a Oceaneer’s Club hat in bingo on one of her previous trips and this time Izzy won one so they had one each - yay! We got changed into our Rapunzel themed clothes for tonight’s dinner. I really wanted the lantern picture so we went down to queue for it. It was quite a long queue (ended up taking 45 mins) but I think it was worth it and time went pretty quickly.

The decor in here is gorgeous!

You can see the coveted photo we ended up buying later on in the report when we visit Shutters!

After some chilling and packing in our room, it was finally time for dinner in the gorgeous Rapunzel’s Royal Table!

The bread service was pretzel bread with a grain mustard dip.

Immy, Izzy and Andy chose the shrimp starter, Crisp Isle of Corona Shrimp with Pea Purée, Fried Potato, Pancetta, and Pea Shoots served with a Lemon-Tarragon Caper Mayonnaise.

I chose the Ravioli and Andy also had the potato cream soup.

Ravioli “Tiroler”
filled with Pulled Beef and Portobello Mushrooms tossed in a Red Wine-Thyme Reduction served with Roasted Carrots and Pearl Onions

Potato Cream Soup 
with Carrots, Leeks, Celery, and Knockwurst.

To drink, I had the floating lantern cocktail (Belvedere Mango Passion / Moët Ice), which was really lovely.

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate

Edited at 02:56 PM.
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Andy had the Smolder cocktail (Bellini / Limoncello / Pineapple Cotton Candy / St. Germain.)

For main, Andy and I had the Flynn Rider platter (Grilled Smoked Pork Loin served with Roasted Smoked Pork Belly, Bockwurst, Braised Red Cabbage, Fried Potato Dumpling, and a Spätburgunder Wine Jus.

The girls had Tangled Pasta (Angel Hair Pasta tossed in Basil-Pesto with Caramelised Sea Scallops, Roasted Vine Tomatoes and a Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade served with Roasted Meyer Lemon)

We didn’t have a great view of the show from our table but we enjoyed it none the less and the lantern processional around the restaurant was really nice to watch.

For dessert, Immy had a Mickey bar, Izzy and Andy had the Gothel Blackforest Tower (Rich Chocolate Crème, Cherry Compote, and Chocolate Cake Tower) and I had the fried sweet bread served in this cute little frying pan! (Fried Bread dusted with Powdered Sugar, Chocolate-Hazelnut Sauce, and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream served in Rapunzel’s Fry Pan)

Overall we loved our experience in Rapunzel’s <3

Straight after dinner we went to the D Lounge to see the Inside Out gameshow. We had enjoyed the family gameshow the night before and hoped it would be similar. The girls wanted us to join in but I heard the description and said no I’m not sure and I’m so glad because it just wasn’t our cup of tea. We found it really cringeworthy so we snuck out to take the girls to the loo in pairs and left to do something else.

We took the opportunity to go to Shutters and check out the photos that had been taken on the cruise. We decided on two (digital versions) and we had a chuckle at some of the ones where we didn’t look our best!

And here is the Rapunzel Lantern pic we bought!

We also bought this pic from our dinner at Animators

I’m glad we didn’t get the photo package. Maybe on a longer cruise / when you don’t have to wear masks / distance from characters it may be worth it but not for us, this time.

We popped back to our room briefly and on the way, we saw Captain Mickey!

Our new towel animal!

The kids club cast members had left another gift for the girls - this time, a bandana style face mask each! The girls wore their new masks and we headed down to the theatre to get a seat for Disney Dreams.

There was a little pre show with the fab five (which you were allowed to photograph according to the CMs)

The show was really great and had a lovely mix of songs from various Disney movies.

After the show, the girls had their final session at the Oceaneer’s Club (and probably their last session ever because Izzy was at the top of the age range and they would probably go to the older club together next time) We told the girls it wouldn’t be a full session so they just stayed for an hour or so whilst Andy and I packed up the final bits in our cases.

Afterwards, we collected the girls and went to deck 9 to grab a late night couple of pizza slices (of course!) and watched a bit of Wall-E then called it a night.

bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had fun 😁
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Lovely day.
Old 6 Nov 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Great report - the girls looked like they were having a ball!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Sounds like you had fun 😁
Thank you! Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Lovely day.
Thanks! Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Great report - the girls looked like they were having a ball!
Ahh thank you - they had a great time Thanks for reading