Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Apr 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Steamboat Powells: Disney Cruise Staycation Southampton August 2021: Day Two: Marvel Day

Day Two: Saturday 28th August: Marvel Day

Day One is here and the index is here

We started the day awoken at 7am by the room service I had booked. I thought the boys would be up early (they weren’t for once!) and I wanted to try it out! I ordered some juice and fresh fruit. It was a beautiful sunny day and when we looked out of the balcony, we saw dolphins from there. We were all excited and watched them for some time darting around the ship whilst we enjoyed our food and got dressed.

At 8.30, we headed down to Rapunzels where we had decided to have breakfast. The night before I had to pre-order my breakfast and say where I was going to be. We all ordered fruit and of course, Mickey waffles! I had special dairy/gluten free ones and also ordered a vegan sausage. Sadly they had run out of maple syrup so we had them with golden syrup.

Today was the Marvel Day so we headed to the Atrium at 9am to see what characters we could meet. Thor was up high and waving at people. There were other characters on the next level up which was Captain Marvel and Black Panther. We were all wearing our Marvel tops which got a few comments and I chatted to lady who didn’t know anything about Marvel about who all the characters were. The interactions were great and we didn’t have to queue for long.

At 9.15am, we headed to the next activity, to make Iron Man masks and there was also some colouring. This required a lot of adult support!

At 9.30am, we headed to Fathoms where we met Black Widow. We had to queue longer for this. Then at 10, we headed over to the movie theatre to meet Donald and Daisy who were dressed as the Hulk and Black Widow. At some point we met Spiderman but I'm not sure when this was!

After missing the slot for an animation class, we decided to spend some time at the pool until the next slot. We spent around an hour enjoying the splash pad and smaller pool. Then this time, we made sure we were dead on time for the animation class at 11.30am. It was how to draw the comic version of Iron Man. I have always wanted to do an animation class so enjoyed this. Ashley got quite frustrated and gave up! Here is my finished result.

The Marvel morning was over and it was time for lunch. I had read that Lumieres served an Impossible Cheeseburger at lunchtime so we decided to try this out. The boys had pizza (it was with meat on the menu so we asked for it to be without. Initially they bought us the pizza with meat and we had to ask for it to be changed). The burger was really nice and we enjoyed it. We decided to skip desert, deciding that we’d have an ice cream on Deck 10 later.

By now it was 1pm and we went to queue for the Rapunzel lantern photo. This was the longest queue we experienced and the boys found it hard. Ashley was feeling the tiredness I think and was quite tearful. We hastily had our photos. They weren’t the best because I think we were all quite frazzled from the queuing at this point!

I took Ashley to the room for a nap whilst Owen took Hayden for an ice cream and to do some more activities.

By 2pm, it was clear Ashley wasn’t going to sleep. He kept tossing and turning but just laying down seemed to refresh him so we went to deck 10 to get him an ice cream (unlimited ice creams from the machine are included which the boys took advantage of!) I treated myself to a Dole Whip for my dairy alternative but this you had to pay for.

We found Owen and Hayden at the ‘Sarge Says’ activity and caught the end of it. It was very funny. We also met some more characters, I think!

The boys had a 2.40 session booked at the kid’s club so we dropped them off. Owen and I decided to try out the gym. It was practically empty with only a couple of people there. We both went on the treadmill and the cross trainer. After about an hour, we were worn out so got some water.

Around 5, we picked up the boys and got ready for dinner. Tonight was Lumieres so I wore my Beauty and the Beast dress. This restaurant wasn’t as themed as the others but our waiters showed the boys some tricks and they had an activity sheet to do. We always take books to meals out so the boys happily read quietly! Again, I had pre-ordered my meal. There was an issue with my vegan onion soup and it got delivered to someone else by mistake so they offered us a bottle of champagne to apologise. I declined as I would have had to drink it all myself and said it was fine, the gesture was appreciated.

When I finally received my onion soup, it was lovely and Ashley again had a salad to start. For our mains, I had Tofu and cous cous (again quite bland but better than the night before), Owen had mushroom ravioli, Hayden had mac and cheese and Ashley had pasta. Hayden also got given a special birthday desert and got lots of claps (it was his birthday on the 22nd). He couldn’t understand though- “It’s not my birthday. It was a week ago!”

After dinner, we had more photos taken in the atrium as they had different backgrounds.

The boys also asked for more ice cream so we took them to Deck 10 again. It was really quiet and we couldn’t understand where everyone was!

Tonight was Rapunzel: The Musical at 8. 45pm so we headed down to the theatre around 20 minutes ahead of time. It was then that we understood where everyone was! It was packed! Luckily there was still some seats and we were seated together.

The show was brilliant. Hayden in particular enjoyed it but Ashley and other younger children did find it a struggle. I think it had all caught up with the little ones. Ashley asked to go to bed so Owen took him out early. I stayed with Hayden. Hayden absolutely loved it too. I think we got back to the room around 10, Ashley was zonked out and we all fell asleep quickly.

Again, another magical day. Here is our film footage from the day:

Day Three is here

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List