Old 16 May 22, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) Surprise

Saturday 14th May - Jasmine’s 21st birthday

Day 13

Woke up at 6.30. Lovely lay in. Jas had requested a lay in for her birthday. In 2019 she requested the same but was rudely awakened at 5am by the smoke alarm in her bedroom in the villa beeping because the battery had run out. The ceiling was so high I couldn’t reach it and had to wait until my dad got up, then drive to Publix for a battery and then find a ladder in the garage. Today wasn’t as disruptive - I got out of bed at 7 as my mum text to say she was going to do some laundry so I gathered ours together. Jas then gets up because she’s got a nosebleed. The day goes downhill for Jas from here on in.

Phoe and Connor go to ihop for breakfast. Jas has a shower and then we all meet in our suite for Jas to open her presents at 9.30. She has some great Lego from my mum and dad, some dollars from friends/relatives and lovely drink cup and a Lego voucher from her work colleagues. I’ve only got her a few little bits and pieces as I got her the Lego Delorean when I was in new York and wasn’t going to lug it all the way back here. It’s wrapped up ready for our mop up birthday evening next Wednesday.

Connor and Phoe get Connor’s case packed and she put some of her stuff in as we know we’re going to be tight on space after adding our cruise goodies.

We then set off for Fantasia Gardens crazy golf but get there to find that the fun side is closed. Only the proper type mini golf I can’t remember the name!) is open and will take an hour and a half to play. We haven’t got the time or the skill levels for that! We hop back in the car and head for blizzard beach for the winter summer land golf instead - the sat nav won’t find blizzard beach so we set off towards Disney springs as I know one of the water parks is really close to Disney springs - turns out to be typhoon lagoon. I switch my data on and pass it to Jas to work the maps. We’re heading in completely to exerting direction! If we had turned the other way out of fantasia gardens we would have been there in about 2 minutes!

We pull into the car park and it’s rammed. Luckily someone is just coming out so we park up and head to the entrance. Mini golf is covered with the uk tickets, you just have to arrive before 4pm. Both courses have a 20 minute wait. I’m sweating on the timings as Connor needs to catch his flight and we need ti get lunch first.

The 20 mins goes fairly quickly and we’re called to start playing. On the second hole I got a hole in one! So did Connor. I steadily went down hill from there though - my excuse was that it was hotter than the surface of the sun today and I was carrying my handbag, the drinks bag and the score card and pencil.

Connor was first followed by mum, dad, phoe, Jas and me. But I was only one over par at the end.

Hopped back in the car, melting the skin off my legs as I sat down. 10 minutes to Disney springs - had to park on the roof level so knew it was going to be busy. Connor’s case had to get checked at bag check - I don’t remember bag check bring here in 2019 but I do like knowing that there won’t be any mad gunmen/knife wielders roaming round the area.

We head straight to blaze pizza and to a table inside - we’ve always sat outside undercover before but it’s just too hot to be out. I place the order, 2 pepperoni pizzas, a gf base with white sauce build your own, cheese bread and salad. The beauty of Blaze (which my dad kept calling (Blade) is that you choose exactly what you want and it’s on you table in roughly 4 minutes. Jas asked for a pain killer as we left the golf and just took one. By the time we’re in blaze she has asked for another. This doesn’t bode well. If you remember from the 2019 blog she suffers terribly with excruciating period pain and if she doesn’t get the pain killers in in a timely manner the pain makes her sick. This doesn’t mix well with another child who has emetophobia.

The last pizza is put on the table and Jas is as white as a sheet. I take her to the restroom which is only just next door. 10 minutes later we’re back in the restaurant and she manages half of her pizza and we box the rest up. The other good thing about Blaze is they have blood orange lemonade which is delicious.
We refill our cups and head over to the Uber pick up area ready for Connor to get a car to the airport. We say good bye and phoe walks over to the pick up point with him and we take a look in the Christmas shop while we wait fir her. They have some beautiful things in here as well as the park/ride/resort scented candies which are new since last time. Mum gets some pumpkin spice oil for her pot pourri and some peppermint hand gel.

Quick stop in world of Disney to see if they have the 50th zip up hoodies back in stock as mum is looking for one for someone. Whenever we locate them they only have extra small or extra large.

We talk about going straight to Vineland outlets but Jas wants to go home girls bit first. We drop mum off and say we’ll meet her just after 4.30 near the food court. By the time we’re back at the hotel this only gives us half an hour before we have to be back in the car again.

We get back to Vineland outlet and Jas is upset - there are 3 things she wanted to do on her birthday. Mini golf, the Lego store and the Olive Garden for dinner. The Lego store was at Disney springs. Yesterday when she went with my mum and dad she said there wasn’t much in there so I assumed she didn’t want to go back in today. We passed it and it had a massive queue to get in but she never mentioned about going in. I sent dad and phoe to meet nanny as we were already late for her. Jas was inconsolable and because she’s not touchy feely I couldn’t hug her. I eventually got get to the food court where it was cool and mum and dad went off to shop. The Wi-Fi doesn’t work properly here which is annoying as it works really well at the other outlet. Guest services said we’re best just to connect to individual store Wi-Fi. Jas hand over her prepaid card and her room key saying she doesn’t need them as she’s ending it all. We’re all upset at this point. Eventually we move and head to Levi to change Jas’ jeans to a different size. Wait a lifetime in the line, make the swap and when we come out we discover that jeans are now on buy 2 get 2 free instead of the deal Jas got on Thursday which was buy 2 get one free. It will take too long to go in , get a refund and start again so we stay as we are.

Quick look in the Disney outlet and Phoebe gets a few bits. Luckily they don’t have what I got her for Christmas in the other store.

We just need to do Kate spade as I really need a back pack. They have a beautiful pale pink one tie $114 but it has a tapered top which I think I will find restrictive. I then see a powder blue one which is much bigger but worry about it getting dirty so pick up the black. I then decide that the black is too ordinary so go back to the blue and head to the till. The sales lady does her job and I’ve suddenly got a matching purse. $210 but I wave my magic military card and it’s down to $179. What a bargain! Nanny phones at this point so we head back to to the car and head for the Olive Garden.

Depending on the wait time we’ll either sit in or get take out. I’m having kittens about leaving the shopping in the car as I’ve read so many horror stories about vehicles being broken into and people’s shopping being stolen. There was a pile of black glass in the Publix car park yesterday when we got the Chinese. I’m saying we should take it in with us. They’re saying it will be ok. Jas still doesn’t want to participate in anything so is sitting in the car. I stay with her while the others go to assess the wait time. Dad comes back to say they’re seated so we coax Jas out of the car.

I can see the car from the window if I keep getting up - yay! Jas starts to improve once she starts playing the table game machine and gets a breadstick inside her.

We had a lovely meal but it did feel a bit rushed. We knew we weren’t having dessert as we still had a mountain of cheesecake at home (Jas didn’t want a birthday cake as she hates the fuss) but they didn’t even ask us if we wanted dessert, just if we wanted the bill.

We get back out to the car and the windows haven’t been smashed. I can breathe again. We head back home and do a quick show and tell of our purchases and then I start to sort out ready for the dreaded ‘p’ word.

My feet are killing me today. I’ve been wearing my Primark Disney trainers round the parks and they’re perfectly comfortable but not at all breathable! Every day my feet feel like they’re shrivelled so as we weren’t in a park today I just wore flip flops but now they are just pulsating.

We were in bed by 10 and Phoebe hid the giant bottle of ibuprofen as she was still worried about Jas.

We did another covid test for Phoebe and it’s still negative.

Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 13 -

I’m up so much in the night coughing and sneezing. Connor wakes me up at 6:50 and says we need to get up for breakfast and we then find ourselves waking up again at half 7 and rushing to get out of the house. We drive to IHOP which is just around the corner. I’m looking forward to the cupcake pancakes and when I order them she tells me they don’t have any icing or sprinkles so I order the regular buttermilk ones as I don’t fancy any of the others. They come out and I eat about half and Connor eats the rest after he’s eaten his strawberry and banana ones. We then get back in the car and head back home ready for Jas to wake up.

She gets up and opens her pressies that we’ve got here with us. We then pack Connor’s case as he flys home tonight. We get some of my goodies in his case too and it’s well under the weight limit. We then head to go to Miniature golf as that’s one of Jas’ requests. We can’t get the sat nav to find the address we want so we change it to the one near the Swan and Dolphin but mums calls it the Don and Swalfin. We arrive at the Don and Swalfin only to find out that the golf had closed for the day and we needed to go back to the other golf we couldn’t find!

Trauma finding this and you can tell Jas is done already and doesn’t wanna play. We finally get there and get out of the car and it’s 500 degrees and we have to wait 20 mins to be able to play the summer side. After 20 mins of waiting we finally join. 18 holes later and Connor wins with a score of 42, nanny with 46, Gdog with 51, Jas with 54, me with 55 and mum with 56 I think.
We then got back in the car and over to Disney Springs for lunch. Connors wheeling the suitcase full of my goodies along with him! We get to blaze and order and Jas looks like she’s got a headache and wants to go home. I keep asking if she wants any painkillers. Her pizza arrived and she pushes it to the side and as mum is waiting for mine to be called, Jas goes white and I shhh Connor because I know exactly what’s gonna happen next. She gets up says something to mum, mum chucks my pizza down and walks off with her. Nanny passes my pizza over and I’m now saying to Connor I hope what’s happening isn’t what I think is happening as she carried my bottle earlier in golf whilst I went funny and had another dextrose tablet.

She comes back within about 5 mins and starts to eat slowly. No ones told me what’s happened so we’re going with she just got overheated and had a funny five minutes as she hadn’t eaten or drink anything all morning

After this we walked Connor over to the pickup area as he was getting an Uber to the airport. We said our goodbyes and wished him and the suitcase full of goodies a safe trip.

Back in to meet the others in the Christmas shop and we then walk over to World of Disney and then to the car. Nanny wants to go back to the outlets this PM so we drop her off and say we’ll go back to the hotel for an hour or so and then join her. We get back and it’s only 35 mins before we have to go back out and meet her.

Jas gets in the car in a strop and once we’re there walks off ahead and then sits down and refuses to move. Gdog and I go in to meet nanny and they then head off to Ugg. Mum and Jas come back in and she says that Jas has gotten upset about her birthday as she only wanted 3 things, mini golf, the Lego store and Olive Garden and we hadn’t done this. She reluctantly walked round the shops with us for a few shops and to changed her jeans. Nanny then phone and said what was the plan and we met in the food court and went back to the car and decided we’d go straight to the Olive Garden from here. Jas doesn’t get out of car at first so we go in without her and Gdog goes back out to tell them where we are and they follow.

I fill up on the salad and breadsticks so don’t have much space for my pasta. Mum drives home as I’m shattered. A quick cheesecake for dessert and then in to bed and hope to sleep through!

Number of meltdowns - 2/3
Number of shoes purchased today - 7
Number of sneezes I’ve done - 294730289

See you in the AM kids x
Old 16 May 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Oh poor Jas! Not the big 21st she hoped for, but still you did manage to pack a lot of fun stuff in again! The pizzas look so good…

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List