Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 May 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go Finally - Day 7 - Outlet Shopping and Longhorns Steakhouse

Day 7 – Shopping at The Outlets and Longhorns Steakhouse

I was woke this morning at 6.30am by some random alarm going off so another early wake up for me, will I ever get a lie in I couldn’t get back to sleep so up I got and watched Bruce Almighty and had 2 cups of tea whilst catching up on the social media blogs. Noah was up at 7.30am followed not long after by everyone else, we all got ready and sorted and headed out for breakfast to Perkins on the 192.

Breakfast

I was so looking forward to this morning’s choice of breakfast as I had a lovely strawberry French toast from Perkins in 2019! We arrived around 9am and were seated immediately. Our server was amazing, he memorised our whole order without writing it down, I can’t even order a meal and drink for us without writing it down He was so lovely and friendly too. I was devastated to see they didn’t do the strawberry French toast We ordered:

I can’t find the receipt for this but I think Chris had the build your own breakfast

I ordered from the specials menu, I can’t seem to find this on their menu online but it was like an egg roll but filled with strawberry or raspberry and cream cheese

Caitlin had the kids rainnow pancakes with fruit

Thomas had the kids scrambled egg, hash brown and toast

Noah had the silver dollar short stack and I had his bacon

Caitlin really didn’t like he pancakes, she said they tasted salty, Chris had pancakes and his were fine, I tried Caitlin’s and didn’t think they tasted salty but they did have a weird taste too them, I just couldn’t put my finger on what it was. Thomas, Noah and Chris ate their meals but said they much preferred Denny’s. My egg rolls were nice, I managed 1, 1 slice of bacon and a tiny bit of Chris’s hash brown, I’m definitely not a hash brown lover. Overall we didn’t think the breakfast was the best and I had it planned for another day and we decided to skip it instead which was a shame. The kids were also given cookies before we left, but none of them liked them as they have cinnamon in (why do they put cinnamon in everything over there )

We did have a 20% off coupon for Perkins too as I signed up for the rewards club and received it by email. I had a good nosey at the desserts and was so tempted to get one to take back to the villa but knew we had to leave it in the car so there was no point

This came to $34.74

All full up we set off to the Vineland Outlets first as they’re the nearest. First up was the Character Warehouse, we were a little disappointed in here and probably 50% of the merchandise was leftover over Christmas/Halloween stuff. We did get a few things though. We got some Mickey hands clips for crisp bags, Noah got a t-shirt and a onsie, Chris got a shirt, a polo top and a t-shirt, I got a lady and the tramp t-shirt and Caitlin got 2 little Wall-E keyrings for her and her boyfriend – this came to $103.22 which we paid in cash.

Next we headed to Michael Kors, one of my favourite shops. I was looking on the app to find if they had any extra money off but couldn’t find anything. Typically a few hours later I found a 10% off purchases offer In here they had an offer of $299 for a tote bag, cross body bag, purse and little gift. It was soon my birthday so Chris said I could have this as a present as we weren’t buying things for each other. I also found some beautiful sunglass for $50 and I needed a small black cross body bag so I got one of those too. This came to $457.53 – I was kicking myself knowing we could have saved another $45 with the offer that I couldn’t find when I was in the store

We headed round to the Levi’s store where Chris got a hoody and pair of jeans, I got 2 pairs of jeans from the clearance, which were buy one get one free so 2 pairs of Levi’s for $49 for me. I was so excited for this as last time I really struggled with Levis due to how big I was, so imagine my shock when I got into a pair of size 8/10 jeans! I was so excited I had to take pics We also had an extra $10 off with our Simon coupon so in total this came to $131.65

Snack

We walked past Auntie Anne’s at 10.50am and it didn’t open until 11am, so I popped back when it opened and grabbed some snacks. I got the cinnamon bites and the pretzel bites with a cheese sauce, we kept these in the top of the pushchair and snacked on them whilst shopping. I love these but can only manage 2/3 at a time It was mainly me that ate them to be fair!

This came to $14.29

We had a wander in a few other shops like Timberland but nothing took our fancy. It was now almost 1pm and we were finished with the Vineland Outlets, so we hopped in the car and headed to the Premium Outlets. We eventually found a parking space (shopping on a weekend is a nightmare at the outlets!) We got out and went to get the pushchair out the boot … the boot wouldn’t open!

We tried and tried and just could not get it open, I then realised I didn’t know where the car keys were. I’d used them to open the car when we got back at Vineland and passed them to Chris … he claimed I didn’t. We checked bags, floor, seats, absolutely everywhere, I even climbed the seats to check in the boot and I couldn’t find it in there either. The kids were sat over on the curb finishing their lunch whilst me and Chris griped at each other about the key. At one point Chris was adamant we had left it on the floor at Vinelands, I reminded him that wasn’t possible or we couldn’t have drove the car all the way to the Premium Outlets

Chris had another look in the car, then remembered where he thought they were, he climbed in the boot pulled pushchair up there they were in the seat of the pushchair after 20 minutes of frantic searching in the red hot sun! Turns out Chris had put them in the pushchair when he was folding it down

All sorted we headed to Victoria Secrets. Caitlin had her own money and got some body sprays, I also got 3 body sprays and 2 pairs of underwear and it came to $31.90

By now Chris was complaining that he was hungry so we went to the food court.

Lunch

Lunch was in the food court, the kids had their sandwiches/wraps and Chris and I opted for a Five Guys. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, fried onions and mayo with a side of regular fries and a coke. Having ‘fast food’ in America really has made us realise just how slow our ‘fast food’ places are within 2 minutes our meal was served!

We both really enjoyed this, I managed about 1/3 of the burger and a couple of fries, the boys helped with the fries and Chris had the rest of the burger and fries too. So so tasty, but horrendously calorific … it was worth it though

This came to $19.68

We then went into a kids toys shop where Noah was like a whirlwind from one thing to the next, to the next. He settled on buying a cube thing and a squishy dolphin for $31... Less than 5hrs later and he popped the dolphin Thomas bought a walking squeaking pikachu thing.

Next up was one of my favourites, Bath and Body Works! They had an offer of buy 3, get 3 free on body washes, so obviously I had to stock up I then got hand washes which were 6 for $27, hand creams were buy 2 get 1 free and hand sanitisers were 5 for $8. I didn't get many of these as the other day they were on offer for $1 each so we popped in one evening and stocked up, I got 20 Caitlin got 15. $125.67 later we left Bath and Body Works to find Chris and the boys

We decided to head back to the car and get back to the villa and sorted for Longhorns tonight. On the way back to the car Caitlin spotted the Calvin Klein shop and wanted some underwear. She was now almost spent up and still had 2 weeks left :pgig; she had $25 left but needed to buy a present for her boyfriend who's birthday it was whilst we were away!

We'd been having an error message on the car relating to tyre pressure so we popped to a seven eleven to sort that out and refill with fuel as we were down to 1/4 of a tank and are off to Tampa later on the trip. We were the epitome of tourists and struggled to get the pump working 3 times I had to go into the store and look like right idiot asking for help, at least the guy said he liked my accent

We were sorted and obviously I had to grab some of the mahoosive drinks you can get from here. Just $3.71 for an extra large coke and icee

We got back to the villa around 6.20pm, Chris did some vlogging whilst I started packing the case for tomorrow, I then made Noah pasta for dinner as he was hungry and probably wouldn’t eat in Longhorns anyway, and the kids lunches (sandwiches and Wraps) for tomorrow's lunch.

At 7.15pm we set off for Longhorns. We arrived at 7.30pm and were told the wait was an hour so we popped to target for a mooch around. This was our first ever Target trip and we much prefer it to Walmart, it was much less chaotic and more organised, yes there isn't as much choice but Walmart can feel overwhelming! One of the boys bought some lego in here and I can’t remember which hopefully Chris videoed it on the vlog haha. We also grabbed some snacks and I had promised my friend I’d get some Melatonin gummies for her 18 year old, we stocked up on some more lunchables for the kids, some Lays Stax, skittles, a fruit cup for Noah to snack on at Longhorns, some Nutella and some toothpaste for Chris. We spent $57.24 here.

At 8.20 I had a text asking if a booth was OK. I responded yes and they said our table was ready so we rushed through the checkout and over to Longhorns.

Dinner

I was so excited for this. Longhorns was probably my favourite sit down meal of 2019. We were seated immediately as our table was ready..

Obviously first up they brought the beautiful warm bread, I cut myself a very small slither of it and enjoyed every single second of it everyone else loved it too.

Noah just had a chocolate milk. Thomas ordered the kids chicken tenders with fries, Caitlin the 12oz sirloin, she’d also had some pasta at the villa as we knew she wouldn’t eat any of the sides here. She got to choose 2 sides so I choose the loaded jacket potato and a Caesar side salad. Chris choose the 6oz filet with mashed potato and Caesar salad too. I ordered a side of mac n cheese as I felt so guilty not ordering here.

The Caesar salads are brought out almost straight away and we picked at these until our food came, I managed about ½ but didn’t want to fill up on the salad.

We all really enjoyed this meal, it was another favourite again this trip, the steaks were beautiful and the sides were too, I managed ¼ of the loaded potato, a couple of bites of steak and 2 forks of mac n cheese and I enjoyed every single bite. Caitlin and Chris also ate some of the mac n cheese.

I don’t have the receipt for this but we did pay in cash and it was around $60 before tip and we paid $72 and some change we had.

It was now almost 10pm so we headed back to the villa to finish packing for tomorrow’s overnight trip to Universal
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A fun shopping day, well until Chris lost the car keys. I can just picture the kids sitting on the curb eating their lunch and you two frantically searching and blaming eachother! At least he finally remembered where he'd put them. Some fab hauls and your Michael Kors bag and purse looks lovely.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

I did chuckle at the thought if you bickering over the keys. This is so us! I can’t do keyless cars as I spend longer looking for the keys at the end of a trip than actually driving! For some reason it reminded me of the time sally and I collected a Chrysler Sebring convertible on arrival in 2011. We spent about 20 minutes trying to ram the roof down only to find when we got to the villa that it was electric and we we broken the roof. Obviously I played dumb when we exchanged it 😂
Love a longhorns!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Bet you were so excited with your jeans! ❤️ Another lovely outfit - I’ve just started buying some bits for our trip in 8s and 10s 😳
Old 15 May 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A fun shopping day, well until Chris lost the car keys. I can just picture the kids sitting on the curb eating their lunch and you two frantically searching and blaming eachother! At least he finally remembered where he'd put them. Some fab hauls and your Michael Kors bag and purse looks lovely.
that was pretty much the scene, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smug when he realised he put the keys there not me

Ahh I love them, particularly the larger one, I've used it every day almost since home X

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I did chuckle at the thought if you bickering over the keys. This is so us! I can’t do keyless cars as I spend longer looking for the keys at the end of a trip than actually driving! For some reason it reminded me of the time sally and I collected a Chrysler Sebring convertible on arrival in 2011. We spent about 20 minutes trying to ram the roof down only to find when we got to the villa that it was electric and we we broken the roof. Obviously I played dumb when we exchanged it 😂
Love a longhorns!
I'm glad it's not just us I was wondering if I was going to get my ESTA revoked for murdering him when we were looking, then when he suggested we'd left it at the Vineland Outlets

Oh no way! You didn't?! Whoops! At least you got away with playing dumb I definitely don't like keyless cars at all x

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Bet you were so excited with your jeans! ❤️ Another lovely outfit - I’ve just started buying some bits for our trip in 8s and 10s 😳
I really was given in 2018 I was scouting around Levi's at 10pm at night trying to find some longer shorts as I had horrendous chub rub from mine riding up

That's amazing Wendy,well done! You must feel ecstatic, how much have you lost now? I can't wait for your next trip X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
2.5 stone! It’s my shape and measurements than have changed loads. Trying to maintain now rather than losing any more. You know I don’t do laundry in holiday but no way do I have 3 weeks worth of holiday clothes that fit 😂
Old 18 May 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Kelly I just realised that I missed this day out
You have done very well with your shopping , I love the shade of the MK bag 💕
I could feel your joy in the Levi store , super proud moment for you
I do love a BBW haul , I really miss that they stopped doing the wax melts 🥲
Your evening meal looked lovely and I don’t even eat steak
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

The Key incident reminds me of the day we did a timeshare tour to get some free Disney tickets. (yes we were poor then) after 4 hours of no no no no not interested we exited, triumphantly with our Disney tickets and no sale.

We got back to the car to realise I'd left it running and the keys were locked inside. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

We then had to go back into the timeshare place and ask for help. My face must have been like a beetroot with embarrassment.😑

Old 24 May 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
2.5 stone! It’s my shape and measurements than have changed loads. Trying to maintain now rather than losing any more. You know I don’t do laundry in holiday but no way do I have 3 weeks worth of holiday clothes that fit 😂
Wow, that's amazing Wendy! Well done, you must feel amazing! I found maintaining the weightloss harder than losing once you get into a new way of eating, hopefully you find a balance soon.

You could get away with only doing a load or 2, plus means more room to bring stuff home Xx

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Kelly I just realised that I missed this day out
You have done very well with your shopping , I love the shade of the MK bag 💕
I could feel your joy in the Levi store , super proud moment for you
I do love a BBW haul , I really miss that they stopped doing the wax melts 🥲
Your evening meal looked lovely and I don’t even eat steak
Emma x
Ahh it's fine Emma don't worry It's beautiful isn't it, pinks definitely my favourite colour.

It really was and the jeans are so comfy too!

How did I not know they did wax melts? I would have been all over those

It really was so tasty! X

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
The Key incident reminds me of the day we did a timeshare tour to get some free Disney tickets. (yes we were poor then) after 4 hours of no no no no not interested we exited, triumphantly with our Disney tickets and no sale.

We got back to the car to realise I'd left it running and the keys were locked inside. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

We then had to go back into the timeshare place and ask for help. My face must have been like a beetroot with embarrassment.😑
Oh my gosh, I don't even know what I would have done I think I'd have been the same, or I'd have hid somewhere and sent hubby in to sort it instead At least you got sorted though, there's nothing worse than car problems on holiday x
Old 2 Jun 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We were really disappointed with Perkins on this trip too, we felt it had gone downhill quite badly so I'm glad it wasn't just us that noticed.

Good trip to the outlets, some great buys - I love your bags, so pretty. And well done on the jeans, I think we all struggle to lose weight so much that it really is a proud moment when something in a smaller size fits.

Oh my goodness, what a drama over the car keys! I would have been in a right panic. I'm so glad it was all resolved in the end.

Nice meals at Longhorns to finish the day.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List