Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 May 22, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
Day 6 - Sea world & Magic Kingdom for fireworks.

Again cereal in the room. The kids prefer it over the cooked breakfast here as my daughter keeps saying their food is ‘weird’ over here…. Iv told her it’s not weird it’s just different 😂 we did mention going to Perkins but my daughter said she wanted Frosties instead 😂

We then went to seaworld. I didn’t like seaworld at all. I thought it was run down, unkept, rides not manned very well. My son was just to short for the 4 main rides too so we stayed for about 4-5 hours and did a couple of shows & let our daughter rides some of the rides & left.

We then went to applebees for late lunch/early tea as it was 4pm.

Me & Ash ordered a cocktail each and these huge mega cocktails came out. My daughter had some special raspberry lemonade thing which again she didn’t like 🙄 so she had her brothers sprite.

We had honey BBQ boneless wings to start. Kids loved them.

The kids had pizza & chips/burger & chips. All was eaten.

I had the BACON CHEDDAR GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH with loaded potato waffle fries & Ash had a burger and normal fries. It came out quick and the service was good.

We then had a triple chocolate meltdown dessert to share. This hardly got eaten as we were so full.

We finished this about 5.30/6pm.

After some chill time in the room. We went to MK on the evening to watch fireworks. We arrived about 9pm. Watched the fireworks and did 2 rides as the park shut at 10pm tonight.

Oh YUM that bacon cheddar looked amazing
No room for dessert 🤦🤷🙄I’ve always got room
Never heard that the US food tastes weird before 😬
Huge but not weird

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Oh YUM that bacon cheddar looked amazing
No room for dessert 🤦🤷🙄I’ve always got room
Never heard that the US food tastes weird before 😬
Huge but not weird
She’s a plain Jane. She has everything plain with no sauce at home 😂 hopefully she will
Grow out of it. 😂
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Just caught up and enjoying your report! Thanks for sharing 😊
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Leebie3376
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving your report! Your daughter sounds quite like my son from a good fussiness perspective 😂Plainest of food only for him - dont know how many servers I’ve had to explain to about the ‘plain’ burger needing to have absolutely nothing else in the bun but the meat 😆
Leebie3376 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Day 7 - full day at AK/Sanaa lunch

Started with breakfast in the room again and then headed to Animal Kingdom.

First stop was Pandora for the avatar ride (it’s a must!) and after we got a night blossom and a Hawkes' Grog beer. The Night blossom was very sweet which suited me. My son sipped it and spat it straight out and my daughter said it tasted funny.

We then went to Sanaa and had a late lunch. This was the best food we had so far on this trip. We ALL loved it.
Daughter had a cheeseburger. Son had butter chicken which he loved. I had Tandoori chicken and Ash had something else which I can’t remember the name of without looking it up 😅 We also got the bread service. This whole meal was very good. It reminds me of the Indian we go to at home.

The kids had their puddings to go as we were going back to AK. These were called pumbas dessert and was included in the kids meal.

A few hours later I had a Yeti Sundae and we also got a plain cone although I forgot to take a picture of that before my son dropped it🙄

After AK we relaxed in the room and went for a late evening swim. We then got Walt’s chilli hot dog and a BBQ chicken sandwich. The kids shared the chicken sandwich & fries and Ash had the hot dog.

(Need to add ashes Sanaa meal pic)

Edited at 01:21 AM.
Old 30 May 22, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Leebie3376 View Post
Loving your report! Your daughter sounds quite like my son from a good fussiness perspective 😂Plainest of food only for him - dont know how many servers I’ve had to explain to about the ‘plain’ burger needing to have absolutely nothing else in the bun but the meat 😆
Mine will have cheese now too but that’s a recent thing 🤣
Old 30 May 22, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Day 8 - Aquatica & Sci-Fi dining

Today we got up late and headed to McDonald’s for a breakfast. The kids wanted to see if it was the same as the UK😂
I actually thought this was dear for what it was compared to the UK. I’m sure I pay less at home for more.

The kids had a sausage McMuffin meal each with a slush and me & Ash had a sausage McMuffin & egg meal each. We made ours a double as that doesn’t come as standard on their menu here like it does in the UK. We also got one extra hash brown for some reason. This came too basically $40.

We then headed to Aquatica for the day and mainly had a couple of snacks from the bag for the kids as we ate breakfast at 10.30-11am.

We did get a cookie dough ice cream dot thing my daughter asked for. This was $9.99 excluding tax so was a bit of a rip off for what it was and she hardly ate any of it as she wanted to get back in the pool so I ate it.

After Aquatica we went to Hollywood Studios and did Sci-fi dining. This was a cool experience but I wouldn’t bother doing it again. The food was good and service was quick but it did feel rushed and I had to ask 3 times for the kids apple juices that came with their meals (included in the price) My daughter also asked for salt which never came.

Kids had sprite in a character cup with a glow ice cube.
I had a Oreo milkshake & Ash had a cocktail.

Also I don’t know if it’s normal but sit down places keep asking do we want a dessert before we have even finished our mains and then if we say no they keep bringing the bill before we have even finished our food. I’m finding this really annoying if I’m honest and the worst was in T-Rex (yet to come) when I hadn’t even finished eating my meal (fork mid air) and the waiter asked if I wanted dessert & I said no and then he asked did I want a box to take the rest of my ribs & chicken with me… umm no I’m eating it now! 🙄😮

Anyway.. I had the Drive in BBQ burger. ash had the same so I didn’t take a picture of his as it was the same.

My daughter had a cheeseburger with corn and picked a sundae as her second side. My son had the same except swapped the burger for chicken strips.

I forgot to take a proper pictures but Sci-fi also brought the kids sundaes out in ice water card cups which I thought was a bit crap as it felt like they clearly just wanted us to leave and take it with us. We didn’t and the kids ate it there as my sons a nightmare walking and eating but I wasn’t overly impressed.

After the food we did some more rides..

My daughter got a Shimmer churro which she loved.

Then it was bed time. 💤

Edited at 10:24 AM.
Old 30 May 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

It’s 3am and I can’t sleep😳 so Day 9 - Full day at HS

Breakfast was had in our room. My kids seem very fond of their Frosties even though I offer Mickey waffles nearly every morning too.

Today we did a full day in Hollywood studios. We stopped and got a Minute Maid ice thing and another churro in the morning. My son didn’t want either of these but the rest of us enjoyed them.

We had lunch in Backlot express. This was mainly because I wanted a Wookiee cookie but changed my mind last minute.

I also got the coolest cup😂 and Ash got a beer. He didn’t like this one at all and threw half of it away.

Kids got chicken strips meal each with sprite. A safe option. This come with fries and cookies/apple slices… For some reason they gave me extra cookies but the kids didn’t complain.

I did think the portion of fries for the kids meal was very very small so I gave them most of mine.

Myself and Ash got…

I also got a Glimmer & Shimmer Blondie. I didn’t really enjoy this. I thought I would but there was a lot more coconut in it then I expected. Everyone else ate it though so it wasn’t a total waste.

Belly’s full we did more rides & shows. Ash has said I’m running everyone ragged😂 nearly every day we have done between 21-25k steps except the day we went to typhoon lagoon (that was only about 15k).

Daughter also got a Starbucks on our exit of the park.

Back at the hotel and the kids went in the pool and watched the Disney movie they do next to it at 9pm. Everyone was getting hungry so we got Walt’s chilli bread bowl for my son and myself, Ash & our daughter shared a pizza.

Again, for the food court this food is ok.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
Old 30 May 22, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Sounds like you're having a perfect trip. Lots of tasty treats and you're still managing fun chilled out things like the pool and movie under the stars. The food court food does seem good too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Still can’t sleep - 4.30am here😅

Day 10 - Animal kingdom, T-Rex cafe.

Today we went to animal Kingdom in the morning.

Daughter got a cake pop & Starbucks. Her usual which is a caramel frap with no coffee.

We then stopped for a snack and got a Mickey pretzel for our son who didn’t want it that much he lobbed it back at me (lucky I caught it).
Our daughter had the corn with African spices which she loved 😮 and Ash got a beer. We ended up sharing the Mickey pretzel but I wouldn’t buy it again. We also thought the cheese sauce wasn’t very nice.

A little bit later we stopped and got some chicken dumplings and seasoned fries. Our son loved this and ate most of it.

We also got a popcorn bucket refill. The refill thing is a good idea but I do find the popcorn bucket a bit of a faff to lug around all day so we haven’t really got value for money with this but it’s a good keep sake and the simba popcorn bucket is currently sold out in AK.

We then headed to Disney springs. Ash went off to watch Liverpool.
After a bit of shopping me and the kids stopped at the T-Tex cafe. We used the Landry card and were sat down within less then 5 mins.

Kids had some drinks in fancy cups and mine come in a keepsake light up cup too. Everything seems to come in a cup you get to keep around here 😂

Kids food is pretty self explanatory. My daughter did eat one of my sons sliders though and she said this was dry and not very good.

My food was nice although the ribs had a layer of fat over the top which I didn’t like. It was called the boneyard Buffett I think.

The picture doesn’t make it look very big but for just myself this was pretty big.

As mentioned before I did feel a bit rushed in here. While I was still eating I was asked if I wanted dessert. I said no as I was planning on getting Gideon cookies. The waiter then went on to ask me did I want a box for my chicken and ribs I hadn’t finished eating and was still eating! It took me a couple of seconds to realise what he said as I was pretty shocked and I just replied back saying no I’m finishing it here 🙄
There were 8 tables in my eyesight alone that were empty and I was kind of sat facing the wall!
Iv never felt as rushed in the UK ever (and I eat out a lot) as I have here to go before Iv even finished my food.
I really hate them giving me the bill before Iv even finished my food too and I also dislike that it feels like the staff are constantly at the table. I know this is because they are trying to provide good service so they get a decent tip and I tip 20% but I wish they would just leave me alone to eat my food in peace. I refuse to rush my food too 🤣 it’s one of the things I won’t miss at all. I actually prefer the quick service places because of this. 😂Mini rant over 😂😂…

…nevertheless we then walked to gideons to be told the wait was 3 hours! I should of went here first but the Uber dropped us to the opposite side and I just didn’t think… so we ended up with no cookies or cake 😩 I just didn’t have it in me to wait that long for a cookie and my daughter was very against waiting for it too 😂 she said it would probably just taste like tescos finest range anyway and we buy them all the time so there is no point 😂

Ash did get himself some food but he never took pics of the food and drink he had while watching the game.

I took the kids to go in the pool in the evening. The kids had some fries by the pool later on which I didn’t take any pics of as they all look the same and my phone was nearly dead. 🫣

Edited at 10:29 AM.