Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 May 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jentill View Post
We got 71. Initially said 3.15, but got boarded at 1.29pm 😊
Group 43. Initially said around 1pm but we got on at 11.10.
Fab ride except I lost my hair bobble & I look like a refugee from ‘The Ring’ movie in my ride photo. 😂
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

We got a boarding pass yesterday. Great ride but preferred RotR for total experience. My boys loved it
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by jentill View Post
I actually agree. With other LL you are only allowed on once per day. But we were both on to ensure we got on at least once and ended up with both. I am thinking Disney will clamp on this loop hole but one was ‘free’ and the other paid extra for.
But with any Lightning Lane attraction (individual or genie+) you can ‘pay’ to ride but also join the regular Line.

This is not a loop hole.
Old 31 May 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
But with any Lightning Lane attraction (individual or genie+) you can ‘pay’ to ride but also join the regular Line.

This is not a loop hole.
But, when a ride has a boarding group and no other option (IE standby) it comes into play and makes sense.

I think priority has to go to boarding groups as that's for anyone to enjoy. If you are successful with a boarding group, you shouldn't be allowed to occupy another spot with ILL, as someone who was unsuccessful getting a boarding group at least has another bite of the cherry. If someone gets both and some group gets neither, that's not cool. At the very very least, if you secure either, you should not be allowed to make another selection until a certain time, which would allow for others to take advantage of either.

As I said, in the immediate aftermath of an attraction opening, it IS unfair on those who might be denied the chance to get on it full stop. Once boarding groups drop, or its easier for others to secure a boarding group, then it can be looked at.

The attitude of "well i've paid extra for it so therefore i have a divine right to both slots" is an elitist smug attitude

Edited at 11:58 AM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
But ILL is a paid service. I don’t like it by the way horrible system. That said you can’t deny people access to a virtual queue just because they have used a separate and unconnected paid service.
I agree. It’s completely separate service to the VQ which I couldn’t get a space on this morning.

So I just had to pay nearly $60 to get on this ride later.

Il be trying to get a VQ at 1pm too as the service above isn’t connected and it shouldn’t stop me waiting in the ‘free line’ for a go too.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I suspect this will be happening quite a lot as it makes sense for people who want to ride to attack from both angles at 7am on different devices.

Ideally you'd want to try for a virtual queue slot and, if you miss out and don't want to gamble on the 1pm drop, then buy ILL, but if ILLs are also all being snapped up within seconds of 7am ticking round, then it makes sense to try for both at the same time just to secure a ride.

You might get unlucky and miss out on both, but you might also strike gold and get both!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Got my boarding group this morning number 58
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I suspect this will be happening quite a lot as it makes sense for people who want to ride to attack from both angles at 7am on different devices.

Ideally you'd want to try for a virtual queue slot and, if you miss out and don't want to gamble on the 1pm drop, then buy ILL, but if ILLs are also all being snapped up within seconds of 7am ticking round, then it makes sense to try for both at the same time just to secure a ride.

You might get unlucky and miss out on both, but you might also strike gold and get both!
This was our tactic and don’t think it is unfair in the slightest.

However, without the in laws today we only went for ILLS which we have for later. DW and I will just go on separately!
Old 31 May 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Pascaltimon View Post
Got my boarding group this morning number 58
On his latest vlog, Vincent Vision for boarding group 60 on opening day.

He got to ride around 11am.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Husband and dd 11 have gone to ride, I’m on parent swap duties so will see how green they come off
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List