Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jun 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Last trip there seemed to be a lot of people needing to catch up with friends and family further up the queue. It’s very annoying, this time I didn’t really challenge because DH doesn’t like conflict!
In the queue for Ratatouille there was an incident that really annoyed me but Karma came back to bite the family! The queue was really long but fast moving, the park had just closed to everyone apart from deluxe guests so we joined the queue. As we went past the fountain area before entering the ride building a women and her daughter and an older man slipped into the gap between families not paying attention, it was irritating because by now the queue had snaked all the way to the entrance to the ride area. Next thing an older lady, a man and a boy joined the group! The people behind them started to complain, indicating where the back of the queue was but they just ignored them, they were French speaking and just turned around and continued to move forward. DH and I were not impressed and I mentioned how funny it would be if they weren’t able to access the ride! Turns out they weren’t, the women was not happy at all! The funny thing was the older man was actually not in their party and had just been a second queue skipper that happened to be doing exactly the same time!
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Crap - I just realised I'm one of those horrible people who have my family of 7 hold a table while a few of us queue for food... I didn't realise this was frowned upon, as it doesn't make sense for me for my mother and daughter to just be standing in a queue doing nothing while I'm paying and waiting for food!
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
We haven’t come across much line jumping in all our visits. Just wanted to comment on the pushing the elderly lady in the wheel chair.

I would not have touched her chair for love nor money. The things that could have gone wrong… what happens if the chair got damaged, what happens if you hit a person with the chair and hurt them, what happens if the family could not find their mum where they left her, what happens if she becomes I’ll.

Any of these incidents and lots more could have happened and while I’m sure you were being polite there is no way I would have done that.
I was confident I could push a wheelchair without it getting damaged or hitting anyone. The son did not leave her expecting her to be stationary, this was well into the narrow confines of a ride queue, not outside the ride! And she was painfully trying to wheel herself around in the queue and was not moving aside for anyone.

I actually felt like a terrible person for the sections when I did leave her to wheel herself, I could feel eyes boring into the back of me from people behind who were maybe wondering why this awful woman (me) wasn’t helping!

Edited to add: I do see the other side too and I am not saying my response was the only correct one. As I say I was torn and felt like I had been put in a very awkward position. Hence my inclusion of the incident in a thread on bad queue behaviour.

Edited at 10:10 AM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoanicSicos View Post
Crap - I just realised I'm one of those horrible people who have my family of 7 hold a table while a few of us queue for food... I didn't realise this was frowned upon, as it doesn't make sense for me for my mother and daughter to just be standing in a queue doing nothing while I'm paying and waiting for food!
As a solo this really annoys me. Im walking around with my food and table after table have campers.

And yes I am that female dog. I will pick a table of campers, stand beside them with my tray of food, make eye contact and make them so uncomfortable that they leave and free the table.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
We experienced this on our last trip but because the queues for food were so long, it meant people with their food couldn’t sit down to eat and had to go outside or on the steps, or even worse, eat on the floor.

We observed held tables waiting 20+ mins before their party arrived with the food, in which time somebody else could have eaten and left in the same timeframe.

On our last trip, we joined a woman at a table who was waiting for her family to even arrive. She wasn’t happy but at Woody’s Lunchbox there was nowhere else to go. They still hadn’t arrived by the time we’d left.

It’s a gauge isn’t it? If you’re at the front of the queue and it’ll be no more than 5 mins, fine, find a table. If you’ve just joined a slow moving queue then I think the courteous thing would be to wait.

Not being personal or rude to you, just based off of our experience.
I completely agree about it being a gauge, however I don't think it's anywhere near the same category as queue jumping.
I feel like even in the UK (Trafford Centre etc.) larger groups will always find a table FIRST, and then go ahead and order their food. I see that more as common sense than 'queue jumping'. lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
As a solo this really annoys me. Im walking around with my food and table after table have campers.

And yes I am that female dog. I will pick a table of campers, stand beside them with my tray of food, make eye contact and make them so uncomfortable that they leave and free the table.
You've not met my mother, she'd more than likely invite you to sit down, and then you'd have to deal with 7 scottish weirdos.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I went to a little independent coffee shop by myself one day last week and I had clocked one table left. At this place they bring the food / drink to you but you have to order at the counter. Anyway they were slow taking my order and four people came in behind me and two of them took the table. I had to sit outside instead.

But I did put it down to me being unlucky on that occasion, as on this polarising matter, I typically fall in the camp that find it sensible to find a table before ordering.

Anyway I digress..
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

We’re here now and the thing at the moment seems to be they’ve left the queue to use the bathroom and are pushing past to get back in, literally whole families not just a parent and a child.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
There are several different things here.

Leaving to go to the bathroom - fine if you are an adult with a little one. Whole families don't all need to go. If you are a teen/adult with a condition such as IBS, there is the DAS system. Otherwise, if you're an adult and you suddenly have to go (which does happen, rich food and hot weather...) I would basically accept that you've missed your place in the ride.

Pushing past to 'join others ahead of you' - nope. Again, if it's a parent with a little one, fine, I'm not going to cross question whether they really are doing that or not. Anyone else - tough, if the rest of your party miss you that much, they can wait for you.

Holding tables is a much trickier issue. As I have discovered previously on here, there are two camps, who each believe they are doing the sensible thing, they both have good arguments and they wind each other up. The best way is for the restaurant to impose its own conditions, but unfortunately most don't.

If I am the only person dining, or if I had toddlers, then I wouldn't be able to go ahead and grab a seat. It seems unfair that these people then have to stand around with a tray of hot food, while people with no food sit at a table for 30 plus minutes waiting for their party.

But equally, I can see that if one person is ordering and paying, another 7 people in their party don't need to take up space in the queue, and they may have toddlers or elderly people who need to sit down while waiting.

The fairest way I have seen this dealt with is when some restaurants at WDW have CMs stopping people going through to the tables until they have food - but there is a space away from the queue for people to wait, with opportunities to sit down. I gather this happens at places like Cosmic Ray's when it is busy.

I've been in both situations (I don't have kids and am often the only person dining, but I've also been out with elderly relatives). I really wish coffee shops and restaurants made the system clear to everyone and enforced it.

I gather that in the Disney parks in Japan, the custom is to get a table first - and then leave something on it to mark it. Because crime is virtually non-existent, people leave things like phones and handbags! Can you imagine?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Iv only had a few people ask to go past us in the queue.
One was a mother & child (presume toilet).
One was a man getting a sugary drink for his daughter who had type 1 diabetes.
Another 1-2 have been adults on there own.

Regarding the table thing. We always get a table while one of us is in the queue. It just makes sense. Normally we are only a few people from the front before we get it though as we take so long to decide what to get😂
Also if anyone stood at the end of the table glaring it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. You could just sit at the end and eat as I wouldn’t care 😂
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List