Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Jun 22, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

My dessert party verdict

Totally forgot to give my Magic Kingdom dessert party verdict in my trip summary. So here it is.

We mainly booked just for the reserved area. Not really a fan of the guests wrestling to get a decent spot, although it didn't really work out like that...

Arrival process was brilliant and promptly seated for the pre-party sitting. Shown where all the drinks/food were, and I told a CM about my vegan pre-order.

Fantastic service as I was brought out my own platter. It was ENORMOUS and there's no way I could have eaten it all. Enjoyed it, but both felt a little bloated to say the least. Drink offerings were great.

We made our way to the reserved area, and at first impressed with how sparse it was and everyone respectfully leaving space. But that was short lived...

After securing a good spot, and a kind fellow one side of us offering up some ponchos (we must have looked a little damp in the drizzle), I was unfortunate enough to experience the arrival of a troublesome family on the other side.

We all know the type: "I've paid for Disney and my mafia family will have the best experience at everyone elses expense". They tried to funnel themselves into the tiniest space, including ramming a pram across my feet.

They then encroached on my space as much as they could (like skin-to-skin pushing) in the hope I'd feel uncomfortable and move. By now it was too late to move anywhere else as they turned up just before the show. Pram continued to be shoved in front of me as they tried to creep in.

Then the CMs let us all forward, and we politely stepped to the front to get an awesome view once more. They were too busy with their intoxicated antics to notice - brilliant I thought.

Then a mere few seconds before it started, the head of the "mafia" family once again barged in front of me and lead his entire family there. Even tried to usher someone directly in front of my feet.

Then, child up on shoulders. Looked around, and everyone else stood respectfully so others could see and I was wedged in with no option to move. One of the worst viewings I've ever had and at cost.

So... my verdict is, only do it for the desserts. I've had a much less stressful experience and much kinder guests around me in the "normal" areas.

If I did it again, I'd do "treats and seats" to try and mitigate this happening again. But definitely not the standing dessert party. I was unlucky as I'm sure others had a wonderful view, but it put me off.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks so much for your honesty and information, I had thought long and hard about doing this but opted for the cruise instead, couldn’t deal with that rudeness after such a costly meal. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks despite Tony Soprano 🙈🙈
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Thanks so much for your honesty and information, I had thought long and hard about doing this but opted for the cruise instead, couldn’t deal with that rudeness after such a costly meal. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks despite Tony Soprano 🙈🙈
I couldn't see the projections, but thought the fireworks were very good. Though not quite the same as Happily Ever After. I will reserve judgement until I've seen it again under better conditions 😊
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We'd definitely have the seated option another time - but for a different reason. The night we went was the only night in our holiday when it rained - it was absolutely torrential and didn't stop for 5 hours, but we still had to go out and stand in it, no leeway given even to stand at the back under cover.
Despite ponchos we were soaked literally to the skin and really cold.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We'd definitely have the seated option another time - but for a different reason. The night we went was the only night in our holiday when it rained - it was absolutely torrential and didn't stop for 5 hours, but we still had to go out and stand in it, no leeway given even to stand at the back under cover.
Despite ponchos we were soaked literally to the skin and really cold.
100% seats all the way.

You learn by experience though I guess 😂 I wouldn't mind the odd few people sat in front of me, so long as everyone had a designated seat and didn't move around.

This is why I miss Fantasmic. Once you have your seat, much less likely to be ruined by ither guests behaviour.
Old 11 Jun 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Thanks for your review.
Such a shame that ‘that’ family spoiled it for you. Why do people have to be so rude! 😟
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

That’s awful some people have no manners, I would certainly have said something to them they certainly wouldn’t try it again lol, just focus on enjoying the rest of your holiday I bet there’s many brilliant memories to come
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
That’s awful some people have no manners, I would certainly have said something to them they certainly wouldn’t try it again lol, just focus on enjoying the rest of your holiday I bet there’s many brilliant memories to come
It took everything in me not to say anything l, as I'd been waiting so many years to see it I tried not to get angry. But I was certainly tempted! 🫤

I don't understand the notion that "other" people in the park are invisible and don't matter.

Had the opposite experience at Harmonius. Friendly, courteous people around us that made sure everyone could see without encroaching on personal space.