Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jun 22, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

A relaxed military style trip. May 2022. Day 10. Madame Tussaud’s, Sealife, Bahama Breeze

Friday 20th May

Index

Woke about 8. Todays plan was Aquatica but it was raining lightly and forecast storms (didn’t come until later so could have risked it)
Instead we decided to use our indoor tickets but these attractions didn’t open until 11.
I started to pack starting with our purchases.
This is Matts under amour haul so far.

He also had a couple of other tops but started to wear them already.
I also emailed spirit airlines about the lady that helped us out, I didn’t have her name but only 2 people were on the desk that morning. I received a positive reply this week so that was nice.
Took a trolley to Icon Park. I brought the 3 attraction tickets before the holiday, they simply scanned the bar code.
Waxwork spam coming up

I have never been to a Madame Tussaud’s before. I was impressed with the set up for taking photos and how realistic the waxworks looked.
We then went across to the Sealife centre.

You could add a VR shark encounter, I think for $25.
It was a nice way to spend a couple of hours.
We popped back to the hotel and then took a trolley to vineyard outlets at the other end of I Drive. This has more designer shops like Prada and people were queuing to get in some of them.
Matt nearly brought sunglasses but changed his mind. Didn’t really spend too long here and the plan was to take the trolley back to premium outlets for Bahama Breeze.
A trolley soon came, this was good, we thought. It was a green line which goes along universal blvd instead of I drive but they both end up at the outlets.
Off we go, only 4 passengers including ourselves.
Then the trolley drives into the depot for a driver change, this took about 10/15 minutes, the drivers were chatting away.
Back on our travels, it was nice to see the other route and drive past new places.
Just as we pulled up to the stop, rain started. We just made it to Bahama breeze before the heavens opened.
We sat outside. It was happy hour so half price appetizers, beers and selected cocktails.
We ordered drinks, I had the Ultimate pina coloda while Matt stuck with beer.
Appetizers were beef empanadas, coconut shrimp, skillet jerk shrimp and nachos with a crab dip.

It was amazing, we were gutted about not trying the food here before.
We ordered more drinks from the I pad. I tried a bahamarita.

It has a shot of tequila. It looks good but I didn’t really like it.
Lovely outside area and good weather again.

We couldn’t leave without looking in Under amour and Calvin Kline.
More purchases for Matt. The guys in under amour were so friendly and helpful, I felt we could be on first name terms after all our visits. 🤣
Matt really did get some good deals here, especially for his golf clothes.
We used the discount booklet again, so 70% off.

Total $39.15.

Total $54.12
We also walked over to Ross, couldn’t face it so walked out again.
Trolley back to Icon Park, Matt really wanted to ride the wheel at night but with another storm approaching it was closed.
As we walked past tin roof bar, we saw a huge queue for something.
Buffalo Wild Wings for drinks.

I googled to see if I could find out what the queue was about. It’s for moobys, a pop up of a fictional burger place from Kevin smith movies. As megacon had just started, it was a popular place.
We sat outside and the storm really started. We moved our table in but ended up moving to the middle. It was a great place to people and storm watch.

We stayed here until it eased off but still drizzly.
The pedestrian crossing near icon park doesn’t really give you a lot of time to get across both sections.
Tonight we got to the middle and an idiot was parked right on the crossing so we ran out of time and was stuck in the middle. The driver reversed, bit late, as we stood there we saw a trolley. The stop is next to the crossing.
We prayed for the lights to change so we could hop on but the trolley drove past us leaving us to walk back to the hotel.
If I was at home I may have done a certain hand signal to the driver but I contained myself as didn’t really want to get arrested or start a fight.

Edited at 03:11 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

The waxworks looks very authentic! You look tiny compared to the basketball player! Matt has certainly done well at Under Armour!

The food looks delicious!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to the waxworks in 2019 and were very impressed, loads of photo opportunities and not overcrowded.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Madame Tussaud looked fun and you managed to get a few bits on your shopping trip. The cocktail did look really pretty, a shame it didn't quite live up to expectations and taste as good as it looked.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good way to spend a day of showers

Joan
Old 11 Jun 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We love UA & what a good haul Matt’s got 🤩💪
Lucky escape for you as you didn’t have to do the wheel again at night 🙊😂😬
We love Bahama Breeze and always have beef empanadas too
Yummy 🤤

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
The waxworks looks very authentic! You look tiny compared to the basketball player! Matt has certainly done well at Under Armour!

The food looks delicious!
The waxworks were really impressive, we had terrible ones growing up, along regent rod in Yarmouth. I think it was voted worse waxworks in the UK before it went
Matt loved the under amour shop.

Edited at 03:46 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
We went to the waxworks in 2019 and were very impressed, loads of photo opportunities and not overcrowded.
It was a nice way to spend the afternoon, very calm.
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Madame Tussaud looked fun and you managed to get a few bits on your shopping trip. The cocktail did look really pretty, a shame it didn't quite live up to expectations and taste as good as it looked.
The last shop of the holiday.
The pina colada was so much nicer. The food was unbelievable though.
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good way to spend a day of showers

Joan
It was a fun afternoon