Old 13 Jun 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip April/May 2022 - Pre travel day

The link to the dining report for today is here.

Pre travel day was going to have a stressful start as you can all imagine. I was determined our Covid tests would be as early as practicable so we could at least enjoy some build up to the holiday. As anyone who read my pre trip report can see the build up and planning was significantly less than usual and I spent the two weeks before the trip full of anxiety and trying to avoid people. The week we went was the same week Scotlands mask mandate was removed however I continued to wear one everywhere! Anyway, test were with DocHQ at 8.40am. We headed round to Mum & Dads to do it there having booked the single appointment for the 4 of us. It all went seamlessly and we very soon had 4 negative covid test certificates. I won't go into the details of the call as it's longer relevant.
The rest of the day was taken up with housework, bed changing and taking the dogs to the kennels. We had the Hampton Inn at Edinburgh Airport booked even though we only live half an hour away. I wanted to get the holiday started as soon as we could plus though it might be better to be out of the house with the dogs away. We had considered eating at the hotel and looked at what was nearby but there's not much and the hotel restaurant had bad reviews so we ate at the local golf club before we left.
After dinner we finished packing and headed through to the airport. The hotel has online check in and I was able to choose our rooms so I selected the 3rd floor on the airport side and away from the lifts. There's also the option for a Digital key so Dad and Marie had downloaded the Hilton app, joined the honours club and were ready for the digital key to be shared with them. Dad parked in the drop off area and we took the luggage up to the rooms then he and Marie headed to park the car. With Virgin moving to Edinburgh they were giving free airport parking but it was in the long stay which no longer has a shuttle. Instead I booked the multi-storey which also included fast track security for us. The rooms were nice and clean. Mum & Dads had an odd smell though, like stale cigarette smoke. We couldn't figure out why as all the soft furnishings smelled fine. Mum wasn't bothered but I would have asked to move if it had been ours.

The bathroom had wall mounted toiletries which I wish I had known as I wouldn't have brought shower gel.
This was a really nice hotel (the smell of the other room aside) and very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.
We didn't do much other than watch Derry Girls and some QVC and have a cup of tea before trying to get an early night.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good start and glad your testing went smoothly.
I can remember the anxiety in the run up to testing all too well it was horrible.
Old 13 Jun 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Good start and glad your testing went smoothly.
I can remember the anxiety in the run up to testing all too well it was horrible.
Considering all the stress it was actually one of the best travel days we’ve ever had .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List