Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks everyone.

I think we will look to book for feb next year so off season and slightly cheaper.

We want to stay on site really as my mother/brother/his wife will also be coming and they have never been so all want to stay on site.

Haven’t looked at the dining plans though so will look into those.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
Thanks everyone.

I think we will look to book for feb next year so off season and slightly cheaper.

We want to stay on site really as my mother/brother/his wife will also be coming and they have never been so all want to stay on site.

Haven’t looked at the dining plans though so will look into those.
Just bear in mind, February has the French and English holidays and is VERY busy as well as potentially horrible weather to contend with alongside the crowds.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Hipark is another good option, very close to the already mentioned Adagio but is a bit cheaper in my experience. They're also apartments rather than hotel rooms (Studios or 1 beds), so have a kitchen with fridge etc. which can come in handy.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Just bear in mind, February has the French and English holidays and is VERY busy as well as potentially horrible weather to contend with alongside the crowds.
I was planning on booking before the English half term and take my daughter out of school for 2/3 days.

Iv been in December before so I’m guessing weather wise it won’t be much different? I presumed it would just be like England in feb..
Old 22 Jun 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Yes weather is like in England. Can be nice clear skies but very cold. Sometimes snow. I don’t mind the cold as long as I’ve got the right clothes.

School holidays in France are not exactly the same as in England. Different parts of France will have holidays at different points in Feb.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
Yes weather is like in England. Can be nice clear skies but very cold. Sometimes snow. I don’t mind the cold as long as I’ve got the right clothes.

School holidays in France are not exactly the same as in England. Different parts of France will have holidays at different points in Feb.
Is the area to check then re school holidays Paris and Marne la Vallee (if that's the dlp area)?
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Paris is in school zone C so that’s the nearest area that will influence most how busy it will be. The school zones across France have their holidays across Feb and some overlap. When we went in February it was quite busy but not crazy, although this was before covid.

Search Google for France school holidays and one of the top results will give you the info. If you’re set on going in February then to be honest I don’t think it matters too much when you go as there’s school holidays most of the month.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
I was planning on booking before the English half term and take my daughter out of school for 2/3 days.

Iv been in December before so I’m guessing weather wise it won’t be much different? I presumed it would just be like England in feb..
Yes, like here the worst winter weather tends to be January/February.
French school holidays cross over most of February and even the quiet times are extremely busy atm. The French school holiday times are very busy.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Thanks everyone. I will Google the school holidays for France but my son is entitled to DAS so not overly concerned on ride times etc.

I might look into the price of annual passes though.

My brother starts a new job in July so we need to wait until he starts before I can book it all together.

If he doesn’t give the nod by the end of July then I will be booking anyway. Going to book it as a surprise for the kids and use it as their main Xmas present as we are away at Xmas anyway and I don’t want to take a car full of presents with me for the log cabin!
Old 23 Jun 22, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Does anyone know if the 30th decorations will still be up or when they go?