Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jun 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do WDW again May 2022 - Day 5 Epcot and Hollywood Studios

We had a leisurely start this morning, which was much needed for all of us.

Our park reservation was for Epcot because we had an 11.20am breakfast booking for Topolino’s Terrace and I wanted to get the skyliner there. It’s a convoluted way of getting to breakfast but Disney makes us do strange things 😂

We arrived at Epcot just after 10am and had a genie+ for Test Track

I was getting really antsy because the queue was taking a long time and I was worrying about being late to our reservation - everything at WDW takes longer than you think it will!

After the ride, we headed off for our first trip on the skyliner.

We loved it - such a fun, easy way to travel. Well, I say easy…we did see a pair of women with buggies nearly lose a small child who’d got on a cabin alone that was just about to leave the station before a cast member hit the stop button!

We arrived at the Riveria with plenty of time for our booking - and of course we didn’t get seated until at least 20 minutes after our reservation. This was the only time we had to wait but we hadn’t booked many TS meals, the popular ones definitely seem to always have a lag.

It’s a set price for breakfast - $42 per adult and as Heath is 10, he was now classed as an adult too.

A pot of pastries is brought to the table to start.

I’d read you can order more than one entree so asked the server if that was right - it was! He said we could each order one proper main and then get the others as smaller plates…so we went to town and ordered nearly everything 😂

That steak - oh my gosh - absolutely heaven on a plate. The sour cream waffle was amazing too. I forced in some fruit to be healthy and nearly exploded 😂 we were all painfully full but it was worth it!

Heath had said he wasn’t bothered about meeting characters on this trip but he was really excited to see the Fab Four

The characters came round a few times so Mark and I joined in for some selfies.

We weren’t bothering with signatures but there was a signed postcard on the table when we arrived.

I highly recommend this meal. Absolutely delicious, cute characters and reasonably priced compared to the rest of WDW!

We then waddled out to get the skyliner to Hollywood Studios

We arrived a little before 2pm and of course, you can’t currently park hop before then. We put some sun lotion on and looked at some pins at a stand outside the park entrance before trying our luck at about 1.50pm - success, they let us in! I’ve read contradicting things about this…some cms are super strict and won’t let you in before 2pm on the dot but they were obviously feeling relaxed at Hollywood today!

We’d been making genie+ bookings throughout the morning and had this lined up

And we’d paid for Rise again - $47.94 for 3 including tax.

Star Tours first - I’m still desperate to be the rebel spy but no joy so far!

Then off to Rise, I was a bit worried it wouldn’t have much re-ride potential - I do think it’s best the first time, when you get that real shock and awe! But we still really enjoyed it.

We went to watch Muppets 3D after this

We had some time to kill before our next genie+ so we decided to have a little rest at the Baseline Tap House

The beer cheese sauce with the pretzel was delicious! We sat inside for a bit to enjoy that lovely air con, but moved out to an outside table for a bit of people watching. It was really nice to slow down and take it easy. I find Hollywood Studios one of the hottest and busiest parks so this was lovely.

We had another spin on Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Heath and I totally fell in love with this ride and the new cartoons so we had a little shopping spree afterwards

We also bought some pins and a vest for Heath today.

We then went back for some more pool time

And then off to bed after another wonderful day. Tomorrow, it’s opening day for the new Guardians ride! Will we manage to get a boarding pass? Find out soon!

Edited at 10:15 AM.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another brilliant day with some great food

Joan
Old 23 Jun 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another brilliant day with some great food

Joan
I regularly think about that steak 😂
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a fab day. The breakfast looked amazing! I’ve been the rebel spy 😂
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jags
Excited about Disney

Breakfast looks fab! 😋
jags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
What a fab day. The breakfast looked amazing! I’ve been the rebel spy 😂
I’m so jealous! The guy chosen was looking at his phone so didn’t even notice…wasted on him!

Originally Posted by jags View Post
Breakfast looks fab! 😋
It was sooooo good. Would absolutely demolish that right now 😂
Old 24 Jun 22, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Oooh that Loungefly! 😍
Another fab day. Breakfast looks yummy!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Oooh that Loungefly! 😍
Another fab day. Breakfast looks yummy!
I wanted to buy every Loungefly bag I saw! But restrained myself to the purse.
Thanks for commenting!
Old 25 Jun 22, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It seemed like a more chilled out day today, even though you were out relatively early after your late night, managed two parks, a trip in the skyliner and stayed out all day! But somehow it felt more chilled out. The purse you bought looks adorable.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It seemed like a more chilled out day today, even though you were out relatively early after your late night, managed two parks, a trip in the skyliner and stayed out all day! But somehow it felt more chilled out. The purse you bought looks adorable.
It really was - we definitely had a better balance on this trip. Lots of pool time as well as rides and rope drops! Mark in particular enjoyed this so much more than our first visit.