Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jun 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 6 - Epcot & Disney Springs

The dining report for today is here.

Today was our first Epcot day and we now had to set the alarm to be awake at 7am for LL selections. I woke before it but dozed off again and had to be woken with the alarm. I got on MDE at 7am and booked Soarin for 8.30am. We discussed paying for Ratatoullie and decided to do it once and then see how we enjoyed it. By the time we decided it was too late in the afternoon but again I went back in about 10 minutes later and there were more times so managed to get 9.30am. We had breakfast of the usual coffee and muffin then headed to Epcot around 7.45am for 8am opening. We were parked close to the entrance and didn’t have much wait at either security or the entrance.

We headed straight in to Spaceship Earth and when we came out we were at the wrong side for the Land so had to walk all the way round the construction.
We passed the Guardians of the Galaxy sign that would be meaningless to us as we were too early .

By now it was time for Soarin’. Mum decided not to go on and while in the queue I made another LL for Frozen. I forgot that Mum would have to scan in and it showed her as already having a LL so I couldn’t include her. We were able to sort it later at guest relations though.
We were hoping for something to eat but Sunshine Seasons didn’t have much so we decided to try Les Halles. On the way we popped into the Butterfly tent.

I took some random Flower and Garden pics.

There was a huge queue at Les Halles and we were worried we’d miss Ratatouille so we left and rode the ride. We all enjoyed this and I’m glad we paid for it at least once however we didn't feel the need to either pay for it or queue for it again. We went back to Les Halles but the queue didn’t seem to be moving so we left and wandered round WS looking for food.
Random World Showcase pics.

We ended up in America at a Joffreys stand where Mum & Dad got a latte and Marie an iced latte. I got a fruit drink thing that was a bit tasteless. The three of them got a pastry like a yum yum and I got an apple pastry thing. These were really nice at we relaxed for a bit at Regal Eagles tables. We agreed next time we would just head for one of these stands next time!

From there we continued round to Norway taking some random pictures on the way, including the wee village in Germany.

We rode Frozen with the LL and I got a LL for Mission Space after the 2 hours so we kept going out of WS. We had a look in the new Creations shop as I've always found Mousegear to be excellent for shopping. Creations wasn't as good in my opinion. And they had some awful stuff (no offence to anyone who bought this ).

We went to Club Cool next to try some of the new flavours for the first time. I actually quite liked the China bbq one if you don’t smell it. No one else did though.
Marie wanted to hand around near GoTG incase there were soft openings for us regular folks. There weren't.

Mum didn’t want to ride Mission Space so we rode it and left. We rode green as orange is "too intense". I'm still aggrieved that I don't get to go to Mars because I get motion sick.

Went headed to Disney Springs on the way back for lunch and ended up at Polite Pig.
We got a bit of a mixture of sides and appetisers. Marie and I shared the slider trio, waffle fries and macaroni cheese. Mum and dad shared waffle fries and Mac and cheese. I also got the crispy Brussels sprouts.

The waffle fries and macaroni cheese were really nice. I'd definitely go back for those. The Brussel sprouts are my attempt to have some veg on holiday and while they definitely improve sprouts they are still after all sprouts. The sliders weren't great. They were Southern Pig, low and slow brisket and fried chicken. The brisket was a bit fatty and the others were just ok.
I still really like Polite Pig though and next time would just choose differently.

Back at the resort Marie and I headed to do some laundry and spend time at the pool. While we were waiting for the driers we got a drink from the pool bar. I think it was a Lava Smoothie.

For some reason I don't have pictures of dinner. We went to the food court again. Mum and Dad shared chicken strips and wanted bread to have a chip butty but they only have it out at breakfast. I ended up buying a loaf from the shop and Marie had to ask in the food court for butter. Marie went for the chilli bowl and I got some salad and fries and had the chicken leftover from Homecomin'. Waste not want not! I'm sure we probably had pie or something too!

We watched some TV - the first episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier was on for some reason so it would have been foolish not to watch . We were still struggling with later nights so didn't do much beyond that.
We had bins emptied today and towels etc replenished.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A shame your trip was too early to ride Cosmic rewind, still that is something you get to look forward to for your next trip. The construction walls around Epcot seem to have been up for ages. A pain to have to trek around them. I can't wait to see it without all the walls.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A shame your trip was too early to ride Cosmic rewind, still that is something you get to look forward to for your next trip. The construction walls around Epcot seem to have been up for ages. A pain to have to trek around them. I can't wait to see it without all the walls.
I think the Moana area will be beautiful so I’m sure it’ll be worth it but a bit of a pain if you take a wrong turn!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

DH is keen to try polite pig 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
DH is keen to try polite pig 👍
Definitely worth a try.

Trip Report Index