spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Sunday June 26

Breakfast I had my fruit, granola and yoghurt in my hotel room as the next door deli cafe is closed on Sundays.

I took public transport, the underground / overground train to Santa Monica.

I had lunch at Cheesecake Factory in Santa Monica Place Mall.

Thai Coconut Lime Chicken
Tender Pieces of Chicken, Snow Peas, Shiitake Mushrooms, Onions and Garlic in a Thai Coconut-Curry Sauce with Cashews and Pineapple. Served with White Rice

For my evening food I went to Mcdonalds in Santa Monica and got a quarterpounder with cheese and 6 chicken nuggets. It cost about the same numbers wise as I would pay in Ireland.
The Thai Coconut Lime Chicken is my favourite 😍

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Monday June 27

Today is transfer day to Anaheim

I wake up about 7am and for the last time, go get my breakfast from the deli, the same coffee and breakfast croissant I have been getting all week.

I also eat the last of my fruit, yoghurt and granola.

I check out of my hotel and use Midwilshuttle to transfer to Anaheim. When I get there my room isnt ready so I leave my bags in the storage room and go over to Downtown Disney.

After a long wander through World of Disney, checking out whats new, what I might buy and what I would buy if I didnt have a weight restriction on my checked bag, I was getting a bit hungry so I went for coffee and a snack at Starbucks.

After Strbucks I go back to my hotel to see if my room is ready and to freshen up.

In the evening I'm back in Downtown Disney as I have a 6.30 reservation at Tortilla Jo's.

. I was glad I had a reservation as the walk up line was long, approx 30 minutes.

I was seated almost immediately. but I forgot to request an outside table. I was a bit nervous as this was my first time eating inside, but I was seated near the door, and had a booth, so I didnt ask to be moved. I did keep my mask on whenever I wasnt eating, and I was far less relaxed than I would have been at an outside table.

I had
Jos Carnitas
Citrus Braised Pork, Black Beans, Mexican Rice, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Chile Toreados with Flour Tortillas.

I didnt really eat many of the tortillas but I enjoyed the rest. I don't have Mexican restaurants local to me at home, so I always like eating Mexican food when I am in California.

After my food, took my time going back to my hotel, just enjoying being in Downtown Disney.

I wanted to get an early night, as I would be up early to rope drop Disneyland Main Park
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Tuesday June 28

Disneyland Main Park

I started the day with the free / included breakfast at my hotel, Desert Inn and Suites.

The breakfast is available from 7am to 9.30am

There are tables and chairs in the breakfast room and 1 table and chairs outside the breakfast room.

Its a basic breakfast but for something on the way to the park and while you wait in the entrance lines and at rope drop, its perfectly fine.

Just before 11 am I did a mobile order at Red Rose Tavern in Fantasyland. I was glad I did a mobile order as the walk up line was out the door. I just walked straight in and collected my food with no wait.

I found a table in the shade outside.

This is one meal I have started to repeat on trips.
Garden Mozzarella Flatbread
Seasoned Tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Balsamic Glaze, and Tomato Sauce

The Summer Stuff
Shortbread Cookie, Red Velvet Cake, Raspberry and Pastel-colored Sprinkles

Taverne Cold Brew
Caramel, Vanilla and Cinnamon Cold Brew with Cream

At 3pm I had a Hungry Bear Fantasmic Dining Package Food Pick Reservation.

I booked it as soon as it was available for booking, 60 days in advance at 6am LA time which was 2pm my time.

I booked for a 3pm pick up.

I didnt know at the time of booking but 3pm is the first booking window.

I ordered
BBQ Ribs
Bacon Potato Salad
Broccoli
Smore dessert
Coke fountain drink

The ribs I liked, the potato salad was ok, the broccoli was a bit hard and the Smore dessert I didn't like.

The Smore dessert was a tray bake of cookie, chocolate and marshmallows which had been cut into pieces.

This was my first time to have food at Hungry Bear and I didn't have high expectations. Its not the usual type of food I would get at a quick service. However I had done some research before my trip and I was aware I probably wouldn't eat much of the food. I did the dining package just to get access to the Fantasmic waterside viewing section.

Around 6.30pm I decided to get some food to have in the Fantasmic viewing section before the show.

At Docking Bay 7 in Galaxys Edge I got
Ishi Tib-style Pasta with Braised Beef Bantha
Beef Pot Roast, Coconut Curry Sauce, Pasta, Mixed Vegetables
and
Vintian Mineral Mousse
Banana Brûlée-centered Dark Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Chantilly, Chocolate Crumble, Cherry Garnish

Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Wednesday June 29

Today was my first day at California Adventures Park. However, instead of doing open close full days in the park like I do in Disneyland Main Park, I decided to do two half days in the park and 2 half days in Downtown Disney.

This morning I had a breakfast reservation at La Brea Bakery at 10.15am.

This is the second time I have had breakfast here, the first time was on my January trip and I decided to come back for my June trip.

I got the same as I did before
Pecan Stuffed French Toast filled with Cream Cheese Blend and Pecans topped with Bananas, fresh Berries and Powdered Sugar
Coffee

After breakfast I had a nice morning wandering through the shops in Downtown Disney.

I also took a walk to Paradise Pier Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.

At Disneyland Hotel I got a Dole Whip with Rum from Tangaroa Terrace. Its expensive but a nice treat.

After looking at the shops in Disneyland Hotel I went back to Downtown Disney.

It was almost 2pm and I was really feeling the heat and needed some coffee, so I decided to try a Classic Coffee Shake from Black Tap.

I guess today is the day of icecreams, lol

For my evening food I had put in a mobile order for Pyms Test Kitchen in Avengers Campus with a pick up time for 6.30pm.

I got
Not so Little Chicken Sandwich
Fried Chicken Breast, Teriyaki and Red Chili Sauces, and Pickled Cabbage Slaw on Brioche, served with crispy Potato Bites

Old 18 Jul 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Thursday June 30

Today was my second half day at California Adventures. I had made my park reservation when they became available but then a few weeks before my trip Disney announced an after hours special event Grad Night Reunion. Their tickets were valid from 5pm and the park closed to the general public at 8pm, so I decided to be in the park in the morning and afternoon and leave early.

I was a bit later on the move than planned but I still managed to get some food at the hotel breakfast.

For my mid morning snack I went to Ghirardell in Pacific Wharf

I got a Frozen White Mocha

At lunch time I decided to go over to Little Mermaid area and check out the food places at Paradise Gardens area. When I was here in January, this area was the Lunar New Year food stalls. But now with no food festival, they were back to their normal menus.

At Paradise Garden Grill I got
North Carolina-style BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with BBQ beans

At 6.30pm I had a reservation at Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.

I got
Fried Chicken BLT Po-Boy
Cajun-spiced Fried Chicken, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Romaine Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes, Creole Mustard Aïoli, served with Jalapeño Bacon Potato Salad
Pineapple Milk
Skyy Pineapple Vodka, Piña Colada Mix, and Dole Pineapple Juice

Edited at 01:43 PM.
Old 19 Jul 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Friday July 1

Today was my last park and as normal I had made a reservation for Disneyland Main Park. A few weeks before my trip Disney announced that Pirates of The Caribbean would be reopening today.

Oh goodness, what excitement on my last day. Usually I am following a ride opening here on Disboards but now I get to be part of one.

So as a result I was up and out of my room by 7am, got my coffee and a pastry and headed over to join the madness.

My mid morning snack was really a second breakfast
I went to Jolly Holiday and got

Fruit and Yoghurt Parfait
Latte

I had a 2pm reservation at Cafe Orleans so I walked back through Adventureland and New Orleans Square and had a wander through the shops.

At Cafe Orleans I had
Ratatouille Farro Risotto
Market Vegetables, Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Wilted Greens

Vanilla Crème Brûlée
Vanilla Custard, Caramelized Sugar and Seasonal Compote

Mint Julip

For my evening food I went to Maurices Treats beside The Royal Theatre and got some fruit from Tropical imports for later.

I got Garlic Bagel Cheese Twist with a side of Cream Cheese.

Old 20 Jul 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Saturday July 2

Today is my last day and my travel day.

Check out is 11am but I was on the move and ready to leave by 10am.

Once my bags were sorted in the hotel luggage storeage I went over to Downtown Disney.

I walked through World of Disney again and then next door to Starbucks for a late breakfast, as I had missed the hotel breakfast.

I spent a few hours in Downtown Disney and then it was time to go to the airport.

After checking in and going through security I was excited to see Pret A Manger and got the chicken avocado sandwich. Pret has just opened their first shop in Ireland, so its a treat to have their food.

I forgot to take a photo but I was shocked by the price $13! Oh well, there goes the last of my dollars.

Food on the plane was fine. I chose the chicken and rice this time and was surprised, it was a lot nicer than the the pasta on the way over.

About an hour before landing we got a breakfast sandwich, egg and ham. I was half asleep and just drink the coffee. The sandwich was not nice.