Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 30 Jul 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Disability viewing for fireworks

Do they still have disability viewing areas for fireworks and the parades?

I thonk I remember seeing them before but didnt take much notice as we didn’t need them at that time.

My son is in a disability buggy so anxious to avoid some 6ft giant etc coming and standing in front of him (which has happened in other places)

If they do have them are they easy to find and how early should we get there to secure a spot

Thanks
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lollipop1
Excited about Disney

I think it’s safe to say that they will still have the disability viewing area it can get a bit busy though so try get there a wee bit early
Old 1 Aug 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Where about is the viewing area
Old 1 Aug 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

It's on the east side behind the fountain if I remember correctly, it is shown on the park map, I'd get there early as it fills up quickly.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Also you will still end up crammed in like sardines even in the disability area.
Old 2 Aug 22, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Also you will still end up crammed in like sardines even in the disability area.
Thanks. I was presuming it would still be busy - i don’t care about that so much but we’ve gone to the general area before and people have come and stood in front of my son at the last minute which is not ideal as obviously, in a wheelchair he’s quite a lot lower than everyone else.

I remember the areas being roped off so if I can there early and get him near the front he should be able to see with not too many people blocking his view. Im not that bothered about seeing it myself as long as he does
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The area in Epcot for fireworks was good. Not too crowded. It was tucked in front of the port of entry shop just before Canada.
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jonsgirl80 View Post
Thanks. I was presuming it would still be busy - i don’t care about that so much but we’ve gone to the general area before and people have come and stood in front of my son at the last minute which is not ideal as obviously, in a wheelchair he’s quite a lot lower than everyone else.

I remember the areas being roped off so if I can there early and get him near the front he should be able to see with not too many people blocking his view. Im not that bothered about seeing it myself as long as he does
Fingers crossed. In Magic Kingdom they moved the roped off area once when I was in there which meant that those of us who were at the front were no longer there but I think they try to avoid this.