Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Aug 22, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Can I ask if using chat how far before arriving do you do the request, please, optimum time? One or two weeks before?
I put in my initial request for high floor etc weeks ago.
I tried chat just this week for “a room with a view” 🤦🏻😂
It has been noted and the CM did say he hoped I got”Pixie Dust” 😂
Old 14 Aug 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We put in a request for congress park and Disney springs view (we’d booked preferred at Saratoga). We got congress park and a car park view with trees and bus stop in the distance. Our room was super dark! We were happy to be in a decent location to the pool so we didn’t ask to move. I did miss the time we could have spent on the balcony. There was just no way it would have been a nice place to have sat with a coffee. We walked down to the little rocking chairs by the lake instead which we enjoyed.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s a mixed bag. At WDW at Xmas via chat we got our requests for both Boardwalk and SSR. At VGC just now I have them about 10 room numbers, and we were given ground floor looking directly into the California Adventure back entrance. It did turn out very handy though as we were 40 steps from the park.
Old 15 Aug 22, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Can I ask if using chat how far before arriving do you do the request, please, optimum time? One or two weeks before?
I leave it quite late, around a week or so before we fly. Had a pretty good success rate doing it that way, but by no means 100%.

We got the Treehouse Villa we wanted in 2016 and the exact 1 bed at CCV in 2019 (requested by room number), but I think that's it for requests being met.

I rarely request now just take when we get given, worked well in January for us, we had the best rooms we've ever had at both BCV & GFV standard view, both had firework views, which I've never had at BCV in over 20 years of owning there & was not expecting at GFV as we'd booked a standard view 2 bed.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Arrived at VGF last night. Made room requests via member services and touring plan but still didn’t get it. Have a view overlooking the poly. Still lovely though.
Old 17 Aug 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Same experience for us there but we ended up on the ground floor with a hedge! Had to stand up to see the lake.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

We have requested specific rooms twice with touring plans and have got exactly the room we asked for both times.
Here now in a Standard 2 bedroom villa at AKL with a wonderful partial Savannah view following our request. Extremely happy! 😊
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Do you have to pay for “Touring plans”?
Old 17 Aug 22, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I did pay this time and I got the room that I wanted at SSR. Don’t think I would bother again . It was about £14
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
I did pay this time and I got the room that I wanted at SSR. Don’t think I would bother again . It was about £14
Thanks, don’t think I will bother lol