Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 22, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Weather for wedding

We fly Saturday and are getting married a few days later at the little wedding chapel - ceremony will be at 7pm. I'm suddenly realising looking at the forecasts that we couldn't have chosen a worst time for likelihood of being rained on! Hadn't given the weather a seconds thought up until now as was just so happy to be going, after postponing the last 2 years.

Have I made a terrible mistake? I know we can move inside if weather is bad but my heart was set on the outdoor gazebo as it looks so beautiful for photos. I've not been at all bridezilla on anything up until now (it's just a super laid back wedding for us & kids) but now I'm getting anxious.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

assume you mean fly out to florida ?

it could rain, it could not , impossible to say as rain forecast PM every day, its also very localised

fingers crossed
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Yes sorry, Florida! Wondering whether to ask the chapel if we can move it as they seem so flexible but that seems like a lot of disruption.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We were staying in a beach house last week on a very quiet stretch of beach close to Treasure Island. Suddenly a couple of palm trees popped up on the beach one evening and later there was a small wedding at around 7.00pm.

We had days when there were enormous storms at 7pm and days with fab sunsets at 8.00. On this night no great sun set and no rain, from our deck they looked like they had a fab time and we're dancing on the beach after the wedding.

In florida it could rain anytime,
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Its one of those things you have no control at all over - just make sure there's a back up plan and you have all the details for it, how they dress the place, photos etc. That's pretty much all you can do, apart from keeping everything crossed!
We got married I'm Florida in November so I know how you're feeling!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Good luck for your wedding day!

If I was going to move it, I’d move it to the morning. I’m not sure if that is possible though.

We got married in Florida and we had the same worry but it all turned out well in the end. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. ❤️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List