Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
How many watts of electric does everyone use at night (when everyone is in bed) no point asking how much per hour as everyone will be on different tariffs. Yes I am getting obsessed with my smart meter
I have had 2 sets of smart meters and they have been hopeless - work until you switch suppliers - I still have to go and read them manually to see what we are using.
These should really report to an app and allow you to download in csv format for storage and analysis.

I have no real idea how much we use at night.

I have had solar panels and battery ordered since April - still no install date.

We were unlucky - had fixed deal but our supplier Hub went bust - and we were transferred to Eon Next - and taken nearly a year to get them to give me dual fuel bills - and I think there is a possible billing issue - but will take me a bit of time from all the bills issued to work it out! A rainy day job.

I feel sorry for many people just now - winter will be a real struggle for some - we will try and reduce usage - but it will be challenging - the boss in here does not like wearing jumpers and likes thermostat up - and we live in Northern half of Scotland - so our usage is always going to be above average.
Insulating our house to modern standards will cost a fortune and involve huge disruption in every room - but I was speaking to my dad yesterday - we had no central heating growing up and only a coal fire and hot water bottles. Jumpers and pyjamas!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Has anyone used Utility Warehouse or similar to find deals, just wondering if it’s worth asking about?
This might be worth a read:

moneysavingexpert/ut...use-stack-up-/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
I have had 2 sets of smart meters and they have been hopeless - work until you switch suppliers - I still have to go and read them manually to see what we are using.
These should really report to an app and allow you to download in csv format for storage and analysis.

I have no real idea how much we use at night.

I have had solar panels and battery ordered since April - still no install date.

We were unlucky - had fixed deal but our supplier Hub went bust - and we were transferred to Eon Next - and taken nearly a year to get them to give me dual fuel bills - and I think there is a possible billing issue - but will take me a bit of time from all the bills issued to work it out! A rainy day job.

I feel sorry for many people just now - winter will be a real struggle for some - we will try and reduce usage - but it will be challenging - the boss in here does not like wearing jumpers and likes thermostat up - and we live in Northern half of Scotland - so our usage is always going to be above average.
Insulating our house to modern standards will cost a fortune and involve huge disruption in every room - but I was speaking to my dad yesterday - we had no central heating growing up and only a coal fire and hot water bottles. Jumpers and pyjamas!
I remember, as I am sure many if you do as well, ice on the inside of the bedroom windows growing up and getting dressed in front of the fire in the morning

Although it probably never hurt any of us the thought of some people have to go back to that in this day and age is appalling

I feel lucky that we are on a fixed rate until Dec 2023 but even that is about 50% more than we were paying this time last year
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DSNY2022 View Post
This might be worth a read:

moneysavingexpert/ut...use-stack-up-/
Thank you that’s really interesting x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Well I went on octopus energy website and was supprised by this.

They want me to lower my direct debit?
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post

It’s based on current prices though, so if you are on a variable rate I don’t think it accounts for the increases that are predicted.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post

I'm with Octopus and I have the option on that page to Enable Crystal Ball mode which is where they predict your bill will be taking into account any increases in September and January.
Old 17 Aug 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Our factory has just had notice of the gas and electric price increases,
It’s not the biggest in our plants, but the costs currently of electric and gas is £600,000 a year, however, from September, this rises to £2.5 MILLION
Even if you can keep your own household bills under control, make no mistake, these increases on manufacturing across the whole country, engineering, food preparation, storage and more will put your daily costs up significantly
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Our factory has just had notice of the gas and electric price increases,
It’s not the biggest in our plants, but the costs currently of electric and gas is £600,000 a year, however, from September, this rises to £2.5 MILLION
Even if you can keep your own household bills under control, make no mistake, these increases on manufacturing across the whole country, engineering, food preparation, storage and more will put your daily costs up significantly
On a smaller scale , but I wouldn't want to guess how much the electric bills are where I work. We are a ford new vehicle preparation centre with bodyshopThe gas alone which is lpg and multiple tanks that takes £19, 000( that was back in march) to fill last just over a month.
Now our electric consumption has rocketed due to large amounts of new electric vehicles going through preparation. All need charging 100%
Got banks of charging points inside and outside .
That much electric that substation down the road blew it's fuses Monday.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Anyone know any more on this new network idea…..
Money off bills for using less during a peak hours!
bbc/news/business-62626908
Makes me all more suspicious about the whole energy crisis!

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List