Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Day 10 - Universal & Shopping

The dining report for today is here.

Today was our first Universal day. I had hoped we could get there early and set the alarm for 7.30am. It turned out US opened at 8am though so we planned to start at IoA. We had breakfast in the room of the chocolate croissants and mini muffins we had bought in Publix. By the time we were ready it was about 8.35am and we got to Universal and got there about 9.05am. We seemed to be parked a million miles away in ET which is in the far away parking garage but the moving walk ways help. Security looked really busy but it doesn’t take long to get through.

We went straight to IoA and noticed as we passed that Spider-man was a 5 minute wait. Actually it was a walk on.

Marvel pet stuff.

Once we’d ridden that we noticed a Guest Services stall across the way so decided just to enquire about upgrading our tickets to Annual Passes so we could take advantage of any discounts. We had bought 2 day base tickets with 3 days free from Visit Orlando and also got a 5% discount. They’d cost about $217 each and since they use Universals own pricing we got $224 towards the Aps. We decided that a preferred would pay for itself in parking and would get us 10% discount on food and merchandise so got one of those and one seasonal. It costs us $170 for the preferred and $80 for the seasonal. We paid tax only on the upgrade price so the total was $266. The way I see it, next year’s tickets cost us about £107 each compared to the £167 we paid for this year but they’re park to park, give us free parking and 10% discount on food and merchandise. On top of that we now had all those things for this year. What really makes me feel better about it is seeing the 2 park ticket for next year is £279! Now I feel like we saved £170 each and we’ll get the 10% discount so saving even more.

This didn’t take long and we continued on, walking through Toon Lagoon as you just get far too wet on those rides! It’s fine if you’re staying onsite and can go back to the hotel after it but not for the start of the day!

Kong didn’t have a long wait posted although it’s such a slow loader we did have a short wait. It felt like they only had 2 ride vehicles running!
We were hungry now so bypassed Jurassic Park and hoped to get to the 3 Broomsticks in time for breakfast. We didn’t as they change to lunch at 10.30am and we arrived just as they were changing. Such a ridiculous time to start lunch!

We could have walked round to the entrance but decided instead to get the Hogwarts Express and get something in US. It was a 10 minute wait as we just missed a train.

When we arrived we went to the San Francisco Pastry Co. for a croissant and cappuccino.

Once we’d finished we went to Diagon Alley and rode Gringotts single rider. The locker area here annoys us every time as there’s just not enough room.

After this we went to the Hopping Pot for some Butterbeer and Butterbeer Ice Cream.

We sat on the steps nearby and Facetimed our nieces who love Harry Potter. We had a we wander round showing them DA and popped into a couple of shops while they pointed out things they wanted! I had already agreed to get them wands for Christmas. They’re so expensive now! I remember when they were $30. Now they’re $50! One wanted George Weasley’s and the other Narcissa Malfoys but the Narcissa one was interactive which I didn’t want. The staff member said I had to get it at the shop at the entrance. I was able to use my AP discount here and save $5!

From here we went to Men In Black. We went to the lockers and of course now I had a wand to try and fit it. Now that they’ve changed to free tiny lockers and paid for big ones it’s a bit annoying. I paid the $2 for a big one.

We rode MiB and part way through the other side of the ride broke down. We were fine and were only delayed minute or so. When we got off we saw the whole ride was down.

We had a look in the shop which now has the superhero stuff that used to be in the Terminator shop.

Bit OTT and I love Star Trek!

We considered the Mummy but decided to leave it for tomorrow. We had a look in the shop and I bought the Narcissa Malfoy wand and a Pygmy Puff. I also got a Back to the Future t shirt on the shop at the exit. I enjoyed getting 10% off everything!

We decided to have lunch at Margaritaville on the way out. I had a voucher for $5 off a $25 spend so it made sense. We both had the Cheeseburger in Paradise.

We left Universal after lunch and went to the outlets on I-drive to see if we’d fair better at the Character Warehouse there. Marie also wanted to go to Jockey as they don’t have one in the Vineland outlets.

We decided since we were also planning on buying a lot from Bath & Body Works we’d park at that end of the outlets but go there last. Imagine our surprise therefore when we passed B&BW at the opposite end of the outlets! So that was annoying . We left it as we didn’t want to carry heavy bags and agreed we’d just go back on our way out.

We passed the Character Warehouse with no queue but unfortunately there wasn’t much better stock here.

We spent some time getting hot and bothered looking for the Jockey shop before considering that maybe it wasn’t there. We stopped at a bench so we could check and it turns out there isn’t a Jockey shop in the area at all, not even the Florida Mall.

We headed to B&BW so we wouldn’t have a completely wasted trip and were a bit annoyed to discover that rather than buy 3 get 3 free it was now buy 3 get 2 free. This wasn’t going well! They did have some deals on the moisturising body wash which was reduced to $7 so it wasn’t all bad. We definitely didn’t buy as much as we would have though.

We had originally considered going to the Florida Mall but all the looking for the Jockey shop had tired us out so we just headed back to Disney.
The I 4 was mental. It made me not want to ever leave Disney! We got off as soon as was reasonable at Lake Buena Vista and headed to Walgreen’s for some water. We couldn’t get a small enough multipack so instead bought a big carton to refill the bottle we did have.

We then went to DS for dinner and a look round the shops. We spent some of our DVC gift card on a couple of t-shirts then went to Wolfgang Pucks Express for dinner. I had the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf and Marie the roast chicken.

We looked in some more shops after dinner then headed back to the resort.

Considered buying this .

We had a cup of tea and watched some TV before another early night.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I guess the Three Broomsticks is like McDonalds but I do agree it's really early to serve lunch.

Another fab day, shame about the shopping though. They've moved quite a few things round at the outlets I thought. They'd also got rid of Charlotte Russe which I was devastated about.

Oh and total bargain on the annual passes ... I think the parking and food/merch savings alone pay for it! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I guess the Three Broomsticks is like McDonalds but I do agree it's really early to serve lunch.

Another fab day, shame about the shopping though. They've moved quite a few things round at the outlets I thought. They'd also got rid of Charlotte Russe which I was devastated about.

Oh and total bargain on the annual passes ... I think the parking and food/merch savings alone pay for it! Xx
I’m not sure we’ll do the outlets next time. Maybe Bath & Body Works .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m not sure we’ll do the outlets next time. Maybe Bath & Body Works .
Oh BABW is a must do! I'm still working on my list for May and keeping an eye for some bargains in the Christmas sale too xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Last summer we found the BBW had better offers at Florida Mall than the outlets, found that to be weird as outlets are normally a lot cheaper
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List