Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Dec 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fab mini-trippie Lynda! I really enjoyed reading that and can imagine me & Col doing something similar 😀

That was a big villa just for the 2 of you! Did you get it at a good price?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

What a great mini trip report loved reading this and the dining report. Wish there were more direct flights from Scotland. Only been to Miami once and found it confusing also couldn't find my connecting airline (TACA) as their sign had fallen off the wall. Thanks for posting.
Old 16 Dec 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Really enjoyed reading your trip report. We love High Grove and have stayed in a Dibb villa just a couple of doors down from your, by the looks of the photos. Love sitting out looking at all the wildlife. Clearwater is beautiful and I'm sure its extra impressive sitting on that gorgeous sugar-soft white sand gazing into the blue ocean all the while knowing what awful dreary weather there is back home!

We are doing less and less parks each holiday and it's amazing how your days fill up with so much else to do and see. I would highly recommend Lake Louisa if you are ever looking for a nice walk - only about 10 mins drive from High Grove.
Old 16 Dec 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
What a wonderful trip you had Lynda it sounded so relaxed.

So glad you enjoyed Clearwater the beach is beautiful there.

Wow watching a rocket launch how amazing!

It's a shame there aren't more direct routes form Scotland for you, we too always have really long travel days due to the flight prices being totally ridiculous in School holidays!

Thanks for sharing.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you!

We were staying near to you at the same time! We went to KSC the day before the launch and watched the launch from a road near the villa. You got some amazing photos!
Thanks for reading Karen. Ooh, I always wonder if there are other Dibbers around! We must make a return visit to KSC sometime, haven't been there for years. I hope you got a decent view of the launch from your spot. Titusville worked out really well for us but we wished we'd been more organised as it turns out Neil got an email offering him tickets to buy for the launch and he missed it

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Thanks Lynda really enjoyed reading that... I can totally sympathise with you regarding travel from Aberdeen, it’s a real pain sometimes- although the improvements to the airport have made it a more enjoyable experience! Sounds like you had a great time... visiting the beach is definitely on our ‘must do’ list at some point in the future.
Aberdeen airport is definitely better now, but unfortunately it doesn't help the travel times. Honestly, I'm turning into a right grumpy old woman when it comes to travelling We had a really fab trip - Clearwater is definitely worth a visit. There are other lovely beaches around that area that we should try as well sometime. Thanks for reading Julie

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
What a fab mini-trippie Lynda! I really enjoyed reading that and can imagine me & Col doing something similar 😀

That was a big villa just for the 2 of you! Did you get it at a good price?
Hi Ali How are you? Have you managed to sit out on your lovely new patio yet?

Thank you for reading... there are so many other things to do, and it's such a different holiday without kids. I'm sure you'd enjoy it

It was a 5 bedroom villa, totally ridiculous for just us two but yes, we got it for a great price so well worth it. It's one of our favourite villas we've stayed in. I think it was £1100 including the pool & spa heat.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
What a great mini trip report loved reading this and the dining report. Wish there were more direct flights from Scotland. Only been to Miami once and found it confusing also couldn't find my connecting airline (TACA) as their sign had fallen off the wall. Thanks for posting.
Thank you so much for reading both reports and taking the time to comment. Ah, more direct flights from Scotland (especially Aberdeen ) would be a dream! We've already decided that we're never connecting through Miami again. If we end up there we'll just hire a car and drive... much less stressful

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Really enjoyed reading your trip report. We love High Grove and have stayed in a Dibb villa just a couple of doors down from your, by the looks of the photos. Love sitting out looking at all the wildlife. Clearwater is beautiful and I'm sure its extra impressive sitting on that gorgeous sugar-soft white sand gazing into the blue ocean all the while knowing what awful dreary weather there is back home!

We are doing less and less parks each holiday and it's amazing how your days fill up with so much else to do and see. I would highly recommend Lake Louisa if you are ever looking for a nice walk - only about 10 mins drive from High Grove.
Thank you so much for reading. We loved High Grove too, such a great spot for easy access to everything and the villas backing on the conservation area are just the best. Haha, yes going in November has its perks! There was a lot of rain at home when we were out there but we didn't gloat at all . Clearwater is such a nice day out, we really enjoyed it.

I knew Lake Louisa wasn't far away but I didn't do any research into it. Good to know we can have a nice walk there, we'll maybe check it out next time. Thank you

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
What a wonderful trip you had Lynda it sounded so relaxed.

So glad you enjoyed Clearwater the beach is beautiful there.

Wow watching a rocket launch how amazing!

It's a shame there aren't more direct routes form Scotland for you, we too always have really long travel days due to the flight prices being totally ridiculous in School holidays!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading Julia... it really was a lovely relaxing trip. Clearwater is a beautiful beach... unfortunately as we were only there for the day we didn't manage to explore it like you did.

The rocket launch was just incredible... such a great day.

The travel is definitely the worst part for us. It's such a shame that the prices are so high in the school holidays for you

Edited at 01:20 AM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a fab write up Lynda.
Old and new things. Always great to see some old faves but love the new stuff like the shooting range, good for you. Love that you had time to relax at the lovely villa and that you had some great days out as well. Also loved the spot of resort hopping that you did. A bit of Disney without the price of the tickets , great idea.

We saw a space shuttle launch from afar on our 2010 trip. It was awesome so can completely relate to your rocket launch moment. It’s quite something isn’t it .

A really lovely trip . And now looking forward to your Route 66 adventure!
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for a really lovely report x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
What a fab write up Lynda.
Old and new things. Always great to see some old faves but love the new stuff like the shooting range, good for you. Love that you had time to relax at the lovely villa and that you had some great days out as well. Also loved the spot of resort hopping that you did. A bit of Disney without the price of the tickets , great idea.

We saw a space shuttle launch from afar on our 2010 trip. It was awesome so can completely relate to your rocket launch moment. It’s quite something isn’t it .

A really lovely trip . And now looking forward to your Route 66 adventure!
Thanks for reading Amanda. We felt we had a really good mix of old and new this trip. The next one is all new 😱. Seeing the rocket launch, even from afar was a really special experience.

We really need to get organised for R66 soon, we booked a hotel the other day, so making a start 👍🏻

Old 31 Dec 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks for a really lovely report x
Thank you very much for reading 👍🏻