Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Jan 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Oh looking forward to this.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Jiko is reopening apparently on Feb 17th - is that too late for you?
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just came here to say same as Karen Jiko reopening on Feb 17 as is Flying Fish

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

But no word on M. Paul 😳

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Great news.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
What a random thing to leave behind!
They were quite random and not the happiest of families sadly when they sold us the house, a load of stuff was left lying around. I made sure the guy got his expensive watch and footie season ticket back and a lot of stuff ended up at the tip because they just never bothered to clear the place.

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Oh looking forward to this.
Great to have you along

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
But no word on M. Paul 😳
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Great news.
Great news on Jiko for those travelling a little later but annoyingly we’ll be home well before the 17th. Monsieur Paul also remains but a happy memory and a dream. Luckily there should be a dining report or two to live vicariously through

Cheers all as ever!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 10:04 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I love how we both must have thought: ‘priority! Update TheCMG’

😆 😂
Old 15 Jan 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
I love how we both must have thought: ‘priority! Update TheCMG’

😆 😂
It’s much appreciated now we just need them to move that Jiko date forward a week

Anyway (resists the urge to say anyhoo but how do you start these things? ), time for the final stage of the hotel and restaurant previews, this time for the Yacht Club plus surrounding areas of the Boardwalk and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios parks.

Yacht Club Hotel

Crew Cup Lounge

Well this list came up pretty short YC is the one we’ve stayed at before - that and the Beach Club. The least expensive of Yacht/Beach or Boardwalk Hotel has been what we’ve tended to look for in the last few trips as DW loves her forays to World Showcase for her circuit of Rose and Crown (Chips and a Jamesons and Diet Coke) and the Boulangerie (Millefeuille) and a show from the band in the UK This usually happens while DD and I are rope dropping the parks but no DD this time so a slightly different approach but we love Yacht and Beach for the pool area too. Let’s hope it’s going to be warm enough (or I might be in trouble )

Moving on DW believes she’s been to Crew Cup Lounge already but during the day when it was unsurprisingly dead. I’m sure it’s still livelier than Martha’s Graveyard (Vineyard) which is the other main bar. We’ve eaten everywhere else in the hotel so while we love Yachtsman Steakhouse and Beaches and Cream we’re going for new places nearby instead for our relatively short stay there.

I’m sure we’ll also go to the Beach Club Marketplace at some point but that’s more of a last resort than a full-on Quick Service in my book.

The Boardwalk Area

Boardwalk Joe's/Abracadabar
Big River Grille & Brewing Works
Shula’s
Bluezoo
Phin’s
Jellyrolls?

There will be some sort of a Boardwalk bar crawl I’m sure, meaning Jellyrolls could come into play if it’s open. That’s why we have a couple of the bars in the area mentioned. We also booked through OpenTable for the Big River Grille which has a great looking menu of craft beer and (hopefully elevated) bar food
Or is it just an expensive Millers?

DW is looking forward to the two fancy restaurants I have planned at Swan and Dolphin just across from our hotel. Shula’s is another high end US steakhouse set up by the legendary former Miami Dolphins coach and I’m interested to make the comparison for price and quality with Yachtsman (where I found the food excellent and the atmosphere a little stilted). Todd English’s Bluezoo is a fairly high end restaurant with plenty of seafood on the menu and we would surely hit the Phin’s bar next door before we eat there as they look to have some interesting cocktails.

Pictures from Shula's, Bluezoo and Phin's, in that order

Hollywood Studios

Ronto Roasters
50’s Prime Time
Oga’s Cantina
Baseline Taphouse?
Woody’s Lunchbox

Galaxies Edge is a first for us and the thing we’re most excited about seeing this time. The Ronto Wrap (breakfast wrap and the regular one ideally) is a must for me and we also have an ADR for Oga’s Cantina, hard to get and doesn’t look like much value but a must none the less even if it ends up a one and done.
rare footage of theCMG in his natural habitat

Aside from that, a visit to the Baseline Taphouse is something I’ll try to fit in, love those beer flights and we’e going to try 50’s Prime Time as we’ve always done Sci-Fi Diner in the past so time for a change there. Lots of snacks look good at HS also. Finally we can er check out Woody’s Lunchbox, specifically I want to try those Totchos (tater tot chilli dish thing)

EPCOT

Spice Road Table
Chefs de France
Boulangerie Les Halles
Rose and Crown
Regal Eagle
+Festival of the Arts snacks

As ever, World Showcase eating is a massive highlight of any foodie trip to Disney. Looking forward to trying the BBQ at Regal Eagle and of course the patisserie in France.

We’ll do something with the Festival of the Arts booths too but for now I have ADRs at Rose and Crown, Chefs de France and Spice Road Table. Spice Road is with the fireworks view seating which could be a waste of $ it’s certainly overpriced but also with the new show it feels worth a try as it could also be a magic moment (+DW loved the food in Morocco on our last trip).

Forgot to add that I tried my hardest to book Space220 but even at the earliest possible time we could book as hotel residents and with flexible times/days there was not a sniff of availability. This probably comes down to one of the downsides of split stays across multiple Disney resorts where your advantage in booking restaurants at 60 days from your check in day applies to each hotel individually not the whole stay, so effectively I had a 5 day head start on trying to snag Space 220 not the full 14 we are at WDW for (if anyone needs a clearer explanation PM me). At this point I'm over the thought of going to Space 220 anyway, we prefer to not eat at places in the first rush as a rule so happy to go back to that.

That’s all for the main plan, will share some snack and festival lists later
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 07:27 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm loving all your updates. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge as it's our home resort and then move to Boardwalk villas so, your posts have been really helpful for me it's like when you know you should do your homework, and then you find a friend has already done it for you

Under two weeks for you now, you must be getting quite excited! Are you aiming to do a live trippie? Or do we have to wait until you get home? Possibly you mentioned this in the opening post, but I'm being lazy...either way I'm so looking forward to seeing how the planning actually pans out!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm loving all your updates. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge as it's our home resort and then move to Boardwalk villas so, your posts have been really helpful for me it's like when you know you should do your homework, and then you find a friend has already done it for you

Under two weeks for you now, you must be getting quite excited! Are you aiming to do a live trippie? Or do we have to wait until you get home? Possibly you mentioned this in the opening post, but I'm being lazy...either way I'm so looking forward to seeing how the planning actually pans out!
Aw you say the kindest things Abby I wish I knew how to comment in such a nice way on other people's reports. Anyway I'm very glad to be of help in your planning. We have plenty of time to relax at WL and if there's anything we haven't mentioned that you want us to go and eyeball just say and we'll take a look and report back.

I am indeed planning on reporting live. 100% it will start that way and I'll try to keep up with the pace through the holiday which as we all know can be gruelling But I'm game to give it a go as it's more fun than doing it afterwards, I just need to do what I did last time and have some good preparation done beforehand or on the plane to make piecing the reports together quicker

Boardwalk villas sounds exciting too, can't wait to see how you get on with your DVC adventure!