Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Jan 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
My biggest concern is breakfast. Everything seems to be served with toast and hash browns or grits etc
I know I don't need to eat them but it feels wrong to waste it.
Breakfast is my most stressy meal of the day, even here, I’m glad it’s not just me.

I totally get where you are coming from. I detest eggs as well so it makes breakfast even more difficult. I can manage an omelette.

I think we might do a couple of breakfast buffets so that I can pick what suits me and get an omelette made to order if I want.

Denny’s looks like their healthier choice of omelettes might be ok. Someone did tell me to avoid omelettes at ihop as they put pancake batter in them - may or may not be true.

I discovered a keto bakery in winter garden that people rave about who delivers to Disney, she even does bagels so I might order from there in the summer .
Old 31 Jan 22, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Breakfast is my most stressy meal of the day, even here, I’m glad it’s not just me.

I totally get where you are coming from. I detest eggs as well so it makes breakfast even more difficult. I can manage an omelette.

I think we might do a couple of breakfast buffets so that I can pick what suits me and get an omelette made to order if I want.

Denny’s looks like their healthier choice of omelettes might be ok. Someone did tell me to avoid omelettes at ihop as they put pancake batter in them - may or may not be true.

I discovered a keto bakery in winter garden that people rave about who delivers to Disney, she even does bagels so I might order from there in the summer .
I've just had a look at Waffle House. If you order omelette, it seems you can change the grits/hash browns for tomato slices and white toast for wheat toast. It might be a good shout.
Old 31 Jan 22, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
I've just had a look at Waffle House. If you order omelette, it seems you can change the grits/hash browns for tomato slices and white toast for wheat toast. It might be a good shout.
Oh thanks I’ll have a look. Have you looked at the new place

freshandco/menu/#breakfast

They do keto bowls and bakes for breakfast as well as omelettes made to order.
Old 31 Jan 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Oh thanks I’ll have a look. Have you looked at the new place

freshandco/menu/#breakfast

They do keto bowls and bakes for breakfast as well as omelettes made to order.
Thank you. I'll have a look.
Old 31 Jan 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Thank you. I'll have a look.
They even do other keto and paleo choices. It looks great
Old 1 Feb 22, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Be lovely to see you there. Have you stayed at either before? Sapphire is new for us but spent a lot of time there when we stayed at Aventura last time.
We've done a "single day" at Universal twice: 2012 and 2016. Both times we stayed off site. I don't think we've even seen the their hotels.

This time I am quite looking forward to staying so near, using the express passes and not driving anywhere.
Old 1 Feb 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
We've done a "single day" at Universal twice: 2012 and 2016. Both times we stayed off site. I don't think we've even seen the their hotels.

This time I am quite looking forward to staying so near, using the express passes and not driving anywhere.
The hotels are lovely. Sapphire has the most amazing smell. The bar, strong water tavern, is really nice and Aventura has a really good food court and is just across the street.

Express pass is great and the location of hard rock is brill.

Sure you will love your onsite stay.
Old 2 Feb 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Will follow along. I couldn’t bring myself to start my report until a week before, it didn’t feel definite even then but we made it.

I don’t book much for Universal, it is quite easy to make it up as you go along. We eat almost exclusively onsite Universal / WDW and would both say that by a long way the best meal we have ever had across either was The Palm at Hard Rock Cafe.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Thanks for mentioning that, I saw a review for Bonefish, I’ll check that out again thanks either for this trip or summer.

Oh doughnuts, I might need to get the others to get some and have a wee bite 😋

Do you still feel you have plenty of choice when you’re away? What do you eat for breakfast?

Thanks, I’m hoping it doesn’t feel to hard, I’m sure part of it is the memory and habits of certain snacks in certain places that makes it feel tricky.

I’ve made lists of all, what I think, are attractive low carb options for pretty much everywhere at Universal, happy to send it to you if it would be useful.
Actually,I found breakfast was the easiest meal! Focussed on eggs/omelette, bacon, sausage patties etc. occasionally pinched a couple of tater tots from husbands plate. No toast/waffles/pancakes though. I did have porridge once or twice, but oats don’t spike my sugars. I did make a big mistake by drinking a glass of orange juice though - that’s one to watch.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to your report, just the thing to get me in the mood before we follow you out there!
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List