Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 5 Feb 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
No one is saying Knappily gave incorrect information. That's aimed at a couple of other vloggers.. With Knappily it was more of how she was perceived to be filming the kids which some thought inappropriate, something which should have been addressed by her at the time one way or the other if it was true.
No, she does not need to address anything. She is not answerable to complete strangers just because she may be doing something they disagree with.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 22, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'm not commenting on the Knappilys in any way - like you I enjoyed their vlogs a lot, and spent a bit of time speaking with Callum on IG as we are both runners, as well as Disney addicts.

And you absolutely have a great point about keeping memories to look back on, but there's no need to publish them for the world to see, is there?

In the old days, we'd video holiday stuff on camcorders and every now and again dust off the old tapes and watch them back.

Just because we *can* publish videos on YouTube, doesn't mean we have to. We can still record and edit the same videos, but just keep them for personal viewing. We still get to keep those treasured memories to look back as we get older.
Some people like to and that is their choice. Again it comes back to people doing what is right for them. I love watching family vlogs and I don’t see any evidence of the children in them being upset by it. I just think if you don’t agree with it then don’t watch but it does not make people bad parents because they make different choices. By all means stating you think it is wrong is fine but people on that other site have gone completely over the top and got nasty and personal calling them bad parents which I completely disagree with.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
Some people like to and that is their choice. Again it comes back to people doing what is right for them. I love watching family vlogs
Absolutely, yes.

As I said, I very much enjoy the Knappily vlogs as well as Cheers Ears and Ade & Lisa (and family) to name but three, and I'm very grateful that these families have put in the time and effort to make the videos they have.

I was merely responding to the point that these videos are a nice way of retaining family memories. Whilst that is undoubedly the case, they don't need to be published for the world to see in order to achieve that.

Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
and I don’t see any evidence of the children in them being upset by it. I just think if you don’t agree with it then don’t watch but it does not make people bad parents because they make different choices. By all means stating you think it is wrong is fine but people on that other site have gone completely over the top and got nasty and personal calling them bad parents which I completely disagree with.
I don't really know what this bit is about, but I can't recall seeing anything in the Knappily vlogs, nor any others for that matter, that made me uncomfortable.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Having read the other forum about the Knappilys, there was concern, of shots of the kids showing their crotch, Underwear and not allowing their modesty (dark web concerns)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Having read the other forum about the Knappilys, there was concern, of shots of the kids showing their crotch, Underwear and not allowing their modesty (dark web concerns)
That says far more about the people on that forum tbh. I have watched a fair few of their vlogs and can’t say I have noticed anything of the sort. But then I am not watching for that sort of thing deliberately trying to catch people out. However it’s not a surprise then that they feel they have had to remove their vlogs.

Edited at 11:27 AM. Reason: To add a comment
Old 13 Feb 22, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Unfortunately posts and opinions, arguments for and against something, that can cause damage to an individual’s mental health and/or make them feel singled out, unwelcome, sad, scared, concerned or angry etc doesn’t just happen on “those type of forums”.

I’m in the midst of vlog watching binge because of our upcoming trip and although there are some I prefer more than others I’ve never saw anything that’s particularly offended or concerned me, I don’t think.

Edited at 11:43 AM.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Each to their own, I'm just saying that you posted Dibbers comments on there and that was the reason you were shot down.I've no idea about breaches of privacy.
I agree, that’s not a very pleasant thing to do and was quite rightly shot down.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List