Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Feb 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kate0
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Tokyo Disney Tickets

Hi everyone, I’m Kate and we’ve got reward flights to Tokyo booked (for the 3rd time) for end of August this year. Whilst I’m very doubtful that we’ll get to go, there has so be a small chance, so I’m going through the motions of booking cancellable accommodation (yet again).

We’d love to go Disney for 2 days whilst we’re in Japan but I’m not sure how to get tickets other than booking expansive (non refundable) Disney accommodation ? I know you used to be able to buy tickets at the Hilton and Sheraton partner hotels and buy park tickets from there but can’t see if this has been stopped now? And I’m not sure how far in advance you can book Disney hotels either - the Disney booking system looks very confusing. Any tips would be gratefully appreciated 👍🏻 May all be immaterial and I’ll be cancelling everything again come August, but you’ve got to live in hope right? 😜 Thank you

Edited at 09:54 PM.
kate0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Well as you say it is all still up in the air alas - and I can only advise on Hilton Tokyo Bay as this is where have stayed for my Disney days - and booked there again for May.

Yea tue ticket kiosks at the Hilton are not selling tickets you could just wander over and but, as things stand you have to book a package at the Hilton that is rooms and park tickets.

However when I looked online / Hilton app I could not see an obvious park and tickets option.

But

The Tokyo Bay Hilton are great with email and can quote you via email. Found them very helpful in past.

TokyoBay.Reservations@hilton.com

Edited at 10:22 PM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

The booking of Disney hotels has never been great for folks outside Japan , the rooms go on sale a set number of weeks (months?) in advance and at something like 11:00 Japan time - and the web site falls over.

Add in the problems with using a non-Japanese credit card to try and reserve with (it appears very hot and miss. You might fail to book as cars not recognised but your friend might, it is a topic that I have never been effected with but would love to know the reason why! ) and it is a mess. One of the few things I can criticise Tokyo Disney for is the IT side of things for booking.

Anyway - if you fancy trying for a Disney hotel I would contact one of the travel agent types on here and see if they can help. It just does appear a minefield!

Oh how I would love just 1 night in Miracosta ……
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 22, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kate0
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Hi Antony, thanks so much for your really informative replies. I’ll get in touch with the Hilton and see what they say. The Hilton would be my hotel of choice purely because I’d budget - but like you I would absolutely love to stay at the Miracosta. I might speak to a Trailfinders to see what they can access. Have booked 2 hotels in Tokyo and Osaka today (cancellable) and they were extremely good value.
Maybe Australia’s announcement today might help shape the way some of the other countries view opening their borders 🤞🏻 will
Let you know how I get on. Thank you 👍🏻
kate0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We bought our tickets at the Disney Store in Shibuya, Tokyo while we were there. We did not stay anywhere near the parks.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I stayed at the Sheraton the last time I went in 2015 and it was great, we had a really comfortable stay there.

We checked in at the train station check in (where you can check in to the partner hotels and drop off luggage which then magically appears in your room later that day), and also bought Disneyland tickets during check in.

I don't know what the current situation is like though especially after the last couple of years!

(Side note, I would love to stay at the Mira Costa too! It's so expensive though! But just looking at the Tokyo Disney Resort booking site right now and it seems there is still availability for rooms there from the 13th February - next week! - onwards so perhaps the demand is not quite as high with the pandemic?)