Notices

Old 18 Sep 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

‘The Die Hards with a Vengeance’ 2022

So it’s happened. We’ve succumbed to an Orlando trip next year (all going to plan of course).

We knew we wanted to go back, this time with our little boy. But due to everything going on, we didn’t think it would be anytime soon.

I’m blaming my sister. I’ve got to blame someone and I’m not taking the wrath for this.

I’m blaming her because even though we knew she and her lot were going next year, we didn’t see it in our plans so didn’t think too much of it. Of course, I wanted to hear all the details because I’m nosey.

But once that tiny little carrot of Orlando magic (the fairy dust, not the NBA team), is caressing your nose, then it’s inevitable that the ‘maybe we could’ thoughts enter your mind. And my will power to deflect those thoughts is about as good as my will power to avoid the new Tim Hortons place that’s opened near us.

You see my problem.

Anyway, let’s get a few things out the way first before I go off on a little rabbit hole of fun.

Our pre-trippy name.
‘The Die Hards with a Vengeance’

Yes it’s movie related (again). But the meaning is pretty simple. We’re big fans of Orlando. Everything about it. The people, the sun, the relaxing, the food - I mean, pretty much self explanatory why we love it so much.
This will be the first time taking our little boy and we actually fancy trying somewhere different after this trip. So, with that in mind, we’re going back with a vengeance. Make it a holiday to remember and enjoy every single tiny part. We’ve got a job to do and we’re going to do it well.

And similar to the Die Hard movies, there’s going to be a hella load of suspense, action, quirky comments and white vests. Scrap the vest, I’d look more like Rab C. Nesbitt than John McClane.

A little bit about us:

We are Holly & John and our little one will be referred to as JT. We’re in our early thirties - I say early because we technically haven’t reached middle thirties yet so I’m clinging onto that section before I have to start ticking the next box on application forms.

There’s going to be 9 of us in total going. We all have our own little things we want to get out of the holiday, so I’ll share everyone’s details - not bank details *THEN AGAIN, we’re saving pretty hard so if anyone wants to drop me a DM for some PIN numbers then that’s cool (joking - admin please don’t ban me).

Power Rangers assemble 💪

We’re from Newcastle and we’re true Geordies - as in growing up with a dummy is another term for a Greggs sausage roll. We absolutely love the food in America…..should I bore you with some of our older photos? Why not eh:

Just a couple for now, I’ll maybe share more later - just keeping you on your toes.

THE PLAN
We’ve decided to slightly change it this time around. We normally have literally each day planned down to food, activities and toilet breaks. Yep that’s right….you gotta pee, then you do that on you’re own time.
But this time we’re going for a more relaxed approach.

We’re thinking a week in a villa in Orlando, then maybe 5 days in Clearwater/Indian Rocks or Shores, with a couple days at the end for any last minute plans.

Last time we were there was 2016 and we stayed in two different villas and also a condo at Bearfoot Resort in Indian Shores.

We loved all the activities there too - jet skiing being the favourite. Image from John’s jet ski looking over to his brother who came with us:

This time around in Orlando, we’re staying in just the one villa and then hopefully going back to Bearfoot or somewhere similar (I’m looking at the prices each day to get as good of a price as possible). JT will be 4 when we go and he absolutely loves the beach and water, so we’re thinking of more state parks and beach days.

There’s a handful of things on our to-do list. Busch Garden as JT loves animals. Beach days will hopefully consist of showing him how to bodyboard and a must do is a trip to Panera. It’s my little happy place and I get the same thing every single time. A cuppa and a sandal cookie 🥰

Each time we’ve been, we hold our American themed nights to discuss plans and any deals we’ve seen for flights and hotels etc. The first one this time will be hosted by my sister - she’s planning brunch and I’m making two cake loafs (a lemon one and a banana one - wish me luck….no TGBBO contestants need worry).

The first one is being held in October. I’m hoping to have more updates by then…..most likely food ones as I’ve just came across a few photo albums that I’d totally forgotten about and I’m now fussing over them.

Till next time 😘

*We don’t really plan toilet breaks. Just wanted to keep the suspense going through the first post.

Edited at 07:43 AM.
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Love that you’ve started. Saw the magic band photo and every minute detail of that day came flooding back xxx
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellyreathomps View Post
Love that you’ve started. Saw the magic band photo and every minute detail of that day came flooding back xxx
I found the magic bands a couple weeks ago as well 🥺🥺
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh wow sounds like an amazing trip, getting to share the magic with so many others. I look forward to following along. Also hi from Durham x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh wow sounds like an amazing trip, getting to share the magic with so many others. I look forward to following along. Also hi from Durham x
Hey fellow northerner!

I may have stumbled across a folder of ‘holiday food’, so I feel my next update may be a little sooner than planned 😂
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LittleTibbs View Post
Hey fellow northerner!

I may have stumbled across a folder of ‘holiday food’, so I feel my next update may be a little sooner than planned 😂
Who doesn't love a food update 👀🤣 I'm looking forward to this as I'm struggling with food for us this time. Full 3 weeks off site, I was so overwhelmed looking last night I gave up 🙈🤣 x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

LittleTibbs this looks great 👍 it’s so good to see a trip report bubbling up again - even if the food photos are making me hungry 😋 😉.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Can't wait to follow along, sounds so fun already!
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
LittleTibbs this looks great 👍 it’s so good to see a trip report bubbling up again - even if the food photos are making me hungry 😋 😉.
I’m just working on the photo details right now for a quick food photo update from some previous trips... I couldn’t help but do a food post straight after this one
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Can't wait to follow along, sounds so fun already!
Can’t wait to show some more details. Seems like this trip is all we’re talking about at the minute... we’ll that and the food photos I’m currently looking at