Notices

Old 5 Mar 22, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
Off in May too and looking at The Peppa Pig park for my two-year-old. Thinking it’s cheap enough for a day she will love! Plus the one here is a long way for us and would need an overnight stay.
Look at your countdown - in the 50s! So exciting!

That’s our thought process as well - it’s not too dear and I think she’ll love it. We are also so far away from the PP land here that I think it would be easier to do in Orlando!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Oh fab! What time do you guys land? We are currently 15:10 xx
We are due to land at 15:20 so will most likely be just behind you, we are so excited!
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Look at your countdown - in the 50s! So exciting!

That’s our thought process as well - it’s not too dear and I think she’ll love it. We are also so far away from the PP land here that I think it would be easier to do in Orlando!

Ah don’t, I still have about the equivalent to lose on lbs 😂😂

Yes I’m also thinking everything seems pleasanter in Florida sun! Not quite the same feel over here is it! I’ll let you know what we think! Although I’m slightly worried we will end up sat in the bloody cinema all day watching episode after episode.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
Ah don’t, I still have about the equivalent to lose on lbs 😂😂

Yes I’m also thinking everything seems pleasanter in Florida sun! Not quite the same feel over here is it! I’ll let you know what we think! Although I’m slightly worried we will end up sat in the bloody cinema all day watching episode after episode.
Hahaha I shouldn’t laugh but that would be extremely typical of a toddler wouldn’t it 😂 yes absolutely, the water things will be much more pleasant in Florida than the Uk! Please do let me know what you think though!

We are going on a (rescheduled from 2020) trip to Iceland this week so when I get back I need to get ON it with the pre holiday healthy eating / walking training 😬 xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
We are due to land at 15:20 so will most likely be just behind you, we are so excited!
The race will be on to immigration! Although, fingers crossed, I’ve heard it’s been much easier than in previous years! Xx
Old 7 Mar 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

DVC Points - 21 left to use

Just in case anyone is interested, I've just posted about having 21 points left to sell here

Can be used up to end of September 2023

**now sold**

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Old 14 Mar 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
UK-KIRK
Excited about Disney

UK-KIRK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Carhire

Our 2020 trip was initially meant to be a villa so we defo needed a car and had booked via Discount Florida Car Hire and again with the rescheduled trips. However, when it came to this one the prices had sky rocketed. We contemplated just using the Disney buses but we do ultimately like the freedom of a car and staying DVC means we don’t have to pay for parking.

Plus it will make the two hotel moves a bit easier too! With two prams, 4 (or more) suitcases etc.

We searched (& continue to do so) but Avis booking direct was the best price, after seeing a Dibb tip that if you pick up from the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal it’s quite a bit cheaper. Plus if you ring up it’s often discounted further.

Both were true for us too and we’ve booked for the day after we land for Richard to collect after a morning at Magic Kingdom. He’ll probably Uber there as I imagine the kids will be tired so I’ll keep them at the resort.

It is due to be a “mid size” which is a Ford Edge or similar for 20 nights and drop off at MCO.

Avis doesn’t have the *best* reviews for its cars upon pick up, as you don’t get to pick you just get what you’re given, but let’s hope the discount makes it worthwhile any potential issues. If not, Richard will be driving it back to MCO!

Other Stuff
So I think the above covers most of the big ‘stuff’ booked and we’ve also:

* ordered our Landrys card for Richard ✅
I already have one but we’ll have his new membership credit to use along with my birthday credit too.

* completed our ESTAs ✅

* done our park reservations for Disney ✅

* completed online check in for our Disney hotels (yes, already!) ✅

* booked our private airport transfers with Skippy Transportation for our arrival day, which includes a short stop off at a grocery store ✅

Plenty of other things to do but next up is ADR day…

ADRs

Fast approaching our 60 day window & nervous for if we’ll get anything at all but it’s much less about the sit down restaurants for us this trip. I see us doing a lot more quick service and “as and when” the kids are hungry (all the time) and awake etc.

We always tend to do Breakfast in our room with a few exceptions, so it’s mostly lunch and dinner.

I’m not sure if the kids will be for very much in the evenings after we first arrive, they are NOT used to late nights and are we are routine-y people so good luck to us 😂

But anyway! Those we want:
* Topolinos (late breakfast)
* Ohana - hopefully on my birthday
* Homecomin’ - love it here & so desperate for a slice of their Hummingbird cake after being too full last time
* Yachtsman Steakhouse - still a maybe but always wanted to try it and so close whilst we are at Beach Club
* Via Napoli - all about the mahoooosive pizza here

Would like to do the Boathouse & Wine Bar George but just not sure we have enough time. The next trip I guess…

We’ll also use our Landrys for
* Yak n Yeti
* Rainforest Cafe or T Rex

Then some quick services we want to do:
* Casey’s - firm fave
* Satuli Canteen
* Blaze
* Polite Pig
* Earl of Sandwich (ALL about the holiday sandwich no matter the time of year)

Then finally lots of off site faves:
* Longhorns
* Outback
* Bahama Breeze
* Millers
* Teak
* IHOP
* Market St Cafe in Celebration

It’s a good job we are there for 3 weeks 😂

And, that’s before I’ve even covered snacks and treats which is my favourite part. Looking forward to also seeing what the Flower & Garden festival has to offer too!
Can I please ask, did you have to phone Skippy to add the stop-off for shopping from the Airport? We've booked for them to collect us from Melbourne Airport (travelling with TUI) staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal.

Where would you recommend stopping for a quick shop (is the stop for 15 minutes?). We only want drinks, water, beer, wine, juices, snacks, pastries and fruit. Not that much really. Thank you.
UK-KIRK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 22, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Hi, I emailed them after wards to ensure it was added but I’m not sure if that was even necessary.

They responded to me also saying they use the following supermarket:

The grocery stop is Publix Supermarket located at

9930 Universal Blvd
Orlando, Fl 32819

info.skippytransportation@gmail.com
Old 15 Mar 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great ttrip you have planned! Looking forward to reading all about it.

ps I don't have children but have a done a few trip reports and I love reading them back as you forget about so much!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a great ttrip you have planned! Looking forward to reading all about it.

ps I don't have children but have a done a few trip reports and I love reading them back as you forget about so much!
Thanks so much! That’s very true - I think I’ll enjoy it even more being able to look back at them for years to come xx