Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 22, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Is this realistic, possible or just fantasy?

Looking for some sensible advice.
It’s my 50th next year. At present we are planning for WDW in Jan. However wondered if it would be possible to do Disney Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo in a two week trip in May?
I’ve not much knowledge of any of the parks, so thought I’d initially throw this out here 😊
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Yes, in fact on the YouTube channel Theme Park Worldwide they did exactly that a few years ago. They even crammed in 3 non-Disney parks, but stayed 17 days. So if you stick to Disney parks only, it's doable.

You can watch their vlogs here for inspiration: .. ?list=PLoQWwKrx-__6LencZiXtE3XADzcCNOvFw

Or simply watch the last video on this playlist, where they recap everything they've done. You may also get good ideas of hotels in each destination.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Oh I totally forgot Shaun did that trip! Thank you
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jentill View Post
Looking for some sensible advice.
It’s my 50th next year. At present we are planning for WDW in Jan. However wondered if it would be possible to do Disney Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo in a two week trip in May?
I’ve not much knowledge of any of the parks, so thought I’d initially throw this out here 😊
I've been to these parks (though it's been a while - last went to HK in 2010, Tokyo in 2015 and Shanghai in 2017).

My opinion on time needed in these parks:

HK - had 1 day there - more than enough, halfway through the day we were sitting twiddling our thumbs waiting for the nighttime fireworks. But this was before the Mystic Manor expansion so there is probably enough to do for a full day there now.

Shanghai - I think we had 2 days in the park, and a bit of time on arrival/departure day wandering around Disneytown. Stayed on-site at Shanghai DLH. The park is huge, but there aren't that many attractions there. That being said, there are a couple of absolutely brilliant rides (Tron, Pirates). I would be happy with 1-2 days here.

Tokyo - I think we had 4 half/full days in the two parks, staying nearby (kind of "on-site") at the Sheraton which is a partner hotel - situation is a bit like the Swan/Dolphin at WDW. The two parks are fantastic, extremely immersive, and have a few really great rides that aren't in other Disney parks. And the theming is amazing - I remember spending my last half day in the parks just wandering around DisneySEA taking photographs and soaking in the atmosphere. If I go back I would want at least 3 days there, preferably more.

So if you add up 1 day + 1-2 days + 3 days you get 5-6 days... so yes you could probably do a HK + Shanghai + Tokyo Disneylands in a 2 week trip. But you probably might want to take some time to go visit the sights in each city as well? I think we spent a couple of days in HK around the city; 2-3 days in Shanghai; and 2-3 days in Tokyo. I would have liked a lot more time in Tokyo especially!
Old 8 Apr 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

May can be v nice without excessive heat - certainly was in Tokyo for our trip.

Also check when public holidays are are try and avoid - Golden Week in Japan is very end of April / start of May but after that it is a great time to visit Tokyo. Think I read they have a Golden Week in China / Hong Kong but am not sure.
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Google is my friend - Golden Week China / HK is October
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List