Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jul 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The 3 week Sept extravaganza – which turned into a 2 week trip in June and no cruise! Day 12 - Epcot

Thurs 23 June

Today having observed 5 days of relative isolation each as recommended by the CDC we decided we would return to the Theme Parks.

I had booked us a park pass to Epcot in a change to our previous plans (we were going to hop across) but needed the park pass to get into the virtual queue for Guardians of the Galaxy.

I woke up just before 7, hit the button when it appeared and we were in the queue!

We had a light breakfast in the room and booked ourselves onto the 1005 bus to Epcot. There is only 1 bus per hour from the Disney Springs resorts and you have to book the outbound trip and they look for a boarding pass that you show on your phone. We found they were much more flexible on the return as long as there was capacity.

We arrived at the park and the line for Spaceship Earth was longer than I think I have ever seen before and we definitely weren’t getting in it.

We took a little walk around and popped into the DVC lounge where we luckily didn’t have to wait to get in. We had a drink and waited for our virtual queue slot to open which happened at about 1200.

The ride was brilliant, we had been warned some people felt sick but neither of us did. It was super smooth and a really fun experience.

Next up we headed over to the Land and the line for Soarin’ was 35 min wait so we decided that was acceptable to us especially as it was inside and air conditioned.

Next up we took a ride on Living with the Land as the wait was 10 mins, after we had a look at food options in Sunshine Seasons but couldn’t find anything we wanted.

We placed a mobile order at Connections Eatery and while we waited for our window to open we rode Figment as it was a 5 min wait and we had time.

We walked over to Connections and somehow it took 30 mins to get a kid’s burger meal and a pizza! We were very hangry by the time we got our food.

We walked around the World Showcase, it was still very hot and completely weird with loads of stuff shut.

We popped back to the DVC lounge to cool down and then when we were nicely cooled down went to ride The Seas with Nemo.

We skipped Ratatouille, Test Track and Frozen as all had waits that were far too long and 3 caballeros was down when we were nearby

We did take a quick ride on Spaceship Earth though as the line had disappeared by this point.

Finally, up last was dinner at Space 220, having been seated late at pretty much every restaurant this trip I was dreading the wait.

We tried mobile check in and it said it wasn’t available so we walked up to the podium and rather unexpectedly they said we could go straight in!

We took the elevator up and were shown to our table, we had the 3-course menu and our server took our order for starters and mains.

I had the Centauri Caesar Salad and Rob had the Blue Moon Cauliflower followed by the 8oz Filet Mignon for both of us (I had mine well done and Rob medium).

Finally, for dessert we both had Chocolate Cheesecake which was really good. We were both impressed with how good the food was having seen so many mixed reports online.

Our total bill was $180 after DVC discount including tip and we headed home via the shuttle after we were done.

Edited at 08:06 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you are back to enjoying your holiday

Food looks good

Joan
Old 18 Jul 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Glad you are back to enjoying your holiday

Food looks good

Joan
Thanks 😊

We did wonder if we should stay in for longer but got back to the parks and realised everyone was coughing and sneezing around us….so they probably all had it!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great return to the park with a virtual queue for cosmic rewind and then the space 220 visit. Your meal looks delcious.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great return to the park with a virtual queue for cosmic rewind and then the space 220 visit. Your meal looks delcious.
I managed to get 2 VQs during our trip and only tried 2 times so I was pretty impressed. Only 1 ride obviously because of the shopping clash

The food was much better than we were expecting although still not cheap
Old 19 Jul 22, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great day! Getting to ride cosmic rewind and the dining reservation being on time for Space 220, your meals looked great too. I love your Mickey bucket hat 😍 it’s adorable.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great day! Getting to ride cosmic rewind and the dining reservation being on time for Space 220, your meals looked great too. I love your Mickey bucket hat 😍 it’s adorable.
Yeah, it was a good day. Dinner was pleasantly surprising, we had heard some bad reviews but it was really good.