Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 May 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post

I saw these and wondered as they are paper could I bake cupcakes in them I wonder?
If it were me, I would probably try one to see if it works. Alternatively, I would get ones that you know you can definitely use in a similar shape (minus the handle), bake with them and then pop them into the fancy teacup ones for serving. They are super adorable 😍
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
My decor bits arrived from Party Pieces today!

I found these biscuit tins in M&S today and couldn’t resist! They were £5 and that includes the shortbread. 😁

Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
My decor bits arrived from Party Pieces today!

I found these biscuit tins in M&S today and couldn’t resist! They were £5 and that includes the shortbread. 😁

Lovely decor 🤗
Question is “ will the tins still contain the shortbread by afternoon tea day ? “ 😉😂xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Lovely decor 🤗
Question is “ will the tins still contain the shortbread by afternoon tea day ? “ 😉😂xx
Thank you Emma. 💖 I have hidden the tins from Adam, now I have a fighting chance that there will be shortbread left. 😉😂
Old 5 May 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've got some of the large Cadbury's bars of Jubilee chocolate today, for my games prizes. £3 in Tesco.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jovimum
Helping Minnie

How about a bit of Batternburg Cake - that has royal connections...
Old 6 May 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

All sounds amazing Michelle, I need to start thinking about ours, I suspect it will be more of a grazing board as we are planning to binge the final season of This Is Us lol love the themed fancies from Bettys, might have to try them! I was thinking about trying to do some mini british bits too like mini Yorkshire pud with beef, mini bangers and mash, mini fish and chips

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
All sounds amazing Michelle, I need to start thinking about ours, I suspect it will be more of a grazing board as we are planning to binge the final season of This Is Us lol love the themed fancies from Bettys, might have to try them! I was thinking about trying to do some mini british bits too like mini Yorkshire pud with beef, mini bangers and mash, mini fish and chips
Honestly Nicki, your afternoon tea sounds delicious! I am a savoury girl, so all your suggestions are perfect. 😍 I can’t wait to see your grazing board. 💖
Old 6 May 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
So I did not know there were actual ‘rules’ for afternoon tea! I found this quite by accident on the internet and I’m pleased I did as I don’t want to upset any of our British Friends that are attending. 😁

My cake stands only have two tiers, apparently in this situation it is ok to serve the scones on a totally different plate! So it is cakes and petit fours on the top tier and sandwiches on the bottom tier for me then.

afternoonteaexpert...-afternoon-tea
Old 6 May 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Mmm Nicki you got me at Yorkshire’s & beef 😍 my favourite roast dinner ever 😋 xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List