Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Apr 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thx for your report. Following avidly as we’re going soon. I can’t use a smart phone so I’m relying on my daughter to do all the fiddle faddling, whilst I just do asI’m told. 😂

Oh, & keep her supplied with cocktails. 😂

Edited at 07:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great start to your trip. Love that you got so much done in your first night. We would love to head to HS on arrival but unfortunately our flight doesn’t land until 7 pm so unless they drastically extend opening hours, it won’t be possible for us.
We’ve never done FOP so it’s on our list for July and nice to see someone else referring to Tough to be a Bug as Bugs Life! I get grief here when I call it that.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Day 2: Hollywood Studios

A long time ago .. when I made my park reservations, I wasn’t really sure if I would manage anything on arrival day and so today was also down for Hollywood Studios. A few weeks before I came away, I did some “pretend” park days seeing what might be available if I stack or if I make rope drop. I concluded that stacking might work better for Hollywood Studios so that is what I did today.

I was really hoping to get on Rock n Roller coaster and Tower of Terror today as I didn’t do them on Thursday, but at 7am they were still on early slots, so I got Slinky Dog for 3:35pm whilst I could. The park opened at 8am so this meant my second lightening lane could be booked at 10am. I had been keeping watch on things and had my eye on a RnR coaster for 1-1:30pm where it had been hovering. But I wasn’t on the ball and the availabilities for the popular rides had shot up by two minutes past ten. It made me realise that there are a lot of people stacking and there would be just as many ready to jump at the two hours post opening as there are at 7am.

After I got Slinky I was having a browse around and thought I would make some picks for the day, when the Genie kept making a suggestion for me to buy Rise of the Resistance. I had no plans to buy ROTR at all but in the end I caved and got a slot for 5:50pm. After 10am, I had one more stacking opportunity before I decided to head in for a look around the shops and my Hollywood Brown Derby lunch. My lineup looked like this.

As I was having lunch, I managed to get Aliens booked for just before Slinky. And after I had been on Aliens, I was able to get Rock n Roller Coaster in between Mickey & Minnie and Rise.

After I tapped into Mickey & Minnie I was not able to book another it said I couldn’t until just after 6pm, but then after I tapped into RnR Coaster I was able to book again. As I walked over to Rise, I actually managed to line up Smugglers for just afterwards. My end of day looked like this and I could have added Toy Story right at the end but that was too much criss crossing for me and I decided to call it a day after Tower.

Summary

Plenty of lightening lanes and one individual attraction today. Additionally I could have got Toy Story Mania at the end had I been prepared to zig zag back after Tower, this ride had been shut for a lot of the day. Also I would note that the single rider line on RnR Coaster was extremely busy today, I had a single rider next to me and she said she waited just over thirty minutes. Successful day.

Aliens 3:30pm
Slinky 3:35pm
MMRMT 4:00pm
RnR coaster 5:35pm
Rise of the resistance 5:50pm
Smugglers run 6:30pm
Tower of Terror 6:40pm

Edited at 09:11 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great afternoon and evening in HS with the stacking of the rides. You've done eally well with it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Really impressed with how you’re managing to stack rides!
Sounds like you are having an amazing time.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great afternoon and evening in HS with the stacking of the rides. You've done eally well with it.
Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
Really impressed with how you’re managing to stack rides!
Sounds like you are having an amazing time.
And the bubble is about to burst.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving reading this, thanks for sharing your experiences. It’s great to read you’re managing to get on more than 2/3 rides with Genie+, I do hope you continue to have a great holiday.
Old 2 May 22, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Day 3: Magic Kingdom

This is a complicated one and I ended the day, totally bewildered by Genie+ lightening lane rules, they seemed to have no rhyme or reason today..

I had intended for this to be my first early morning in a park, my pre holiday “pretend” days indicated this may work best. However I had a very bad night sleep (and I am insomniac anyway so a bad night for me is really bad). Consequently I decided to wait and go in a bit later.

I stacked my first two lightening lanes at 7am and 11am being Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. I then decided to get Seven Dwarves and despite it being the time I wanted on the couple of pages leading up to confirmation, only after I had paid was I informed the time had change to 9pm. I hadn’t planned to stay that long. To cut a long story short I determinedly spent 75 minutes on the phone, mainly on hold, and finally it was changed to an all day Seven dwarves pass. Whilst I was doing this, my Splash Mountain pass also changed to an all day any ride pass as Splash closed down temporarily.

I vaguely recalled from a vlog that such a change to a lightening lane reset the timer, so I took a look and was indeed able to book Peter Pan for 5:30pm. So I headed into the park at about 1pm with lightening lanes for Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, an all day 7DMT and an all day any Genie + experience.

I used Jungle Cruise first, but I was not able to book anything else afterwards, it seemed to be applying a two hour rule not a tap in rule. I next did Pirates as standby since it was only 25 minutes. Eventually I was able to book another lightening lane so I got Big Thunder Mountain. I decided to use the any experience on Splash anyway since it had now reopened and I tried to time it close to the Big Thunder Mountain booking.

After I finished Splash, I had 45 minutes to the Big Thunder booking but the standby line said 35 minutes so I decided to do it once in standby and then by lightening lane straight after. Unfortunately twenty minutes into my standby queue, Big Thunder closed down. No compensation for my wasted time in standby but I got another “any experience any time pass” for the lightening lane I had lined up for my second turn. This didn’t come through for a while and I was in Fantasyland by the time it did.

At some point I was able to book Its a small world lightening lane, this seemed to be due to a two hour rule rather than because I tapped into anything. Whilst I waited for this and Peter Pan windows, I decided to use my any experience lightening lane on Winnie the Pooh, I didn’t want to cross the park for anything more exciting because I have been having joint / back pain lately. Unfortunately close to the end Winnie the Pooh broke down and we were trapped on ride for a little while. The cast members eventually came round with a step ladder, freeing us one honeypot at a time and we were all given another “any experience any time” pass.

I attended my Small world and Peter Pan lightening lanes, strangely neither of these triggered new Genie+ booking availability either. I did have the any experience pass but to be honest by this time I had had enough.

It wasn’t a problem as I had these rolling any time passes, but I was puzzled that I tapped into lightening lanes for Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Small world and I tapped into two “any experience” passes but none allowed me to book the next Genie+ ride. I seemed to be solely on the two hour rule today.

Summary

I used lightning lane passes for the following rides and times and I finished the day with a spare any time any experience pass that I did not have the energy to use up.

Jungle Cruise 1:50pm
Splash Mountain anytime pass
7DMT anytime individual attraction pass
Winnie the Pooh anytime pass
It’s a small world 5:10pm
Peter Pan 5:25pm

I did standby for Pirates of the Caribbean and Teacups. Overall a bitty and messy day, and a day when I didn’t feel great. There would have been opportunity to book more lightening lanes, but only by cross crossing the park and I could not manage that today. Additionally I think that arriving when I did was a mistake and I should have either come in early or left it a few more hours and come in late afternoon.

Overall this has to be the least successful Magic Kingdom day I have ever had.
Old 2 May 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
This is a complicated one and I ended the day, totally bewildered by Genie+ lightening lane rules, they seemed to have no rhyme or reason today..

I had intended for this to be my first early morning in a park, my pre holiday “pretend” days indicated this may work best. However I had a very bad night sleep (and I am insomniac anyway so a bad night for me is really bad). Consequently I decided to wait and go in a bit later.

I stacked my first two lightening lanes at 7am and 11am being Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. I then decided to get Seven Dwarves and despite it being the time I wanted on the couple of pages leading up to confirmation, only after I had paid was I informed the time had change to 9pm. I hadn’t planned to stay that long. To cut a long story short I determinedly spent 75 minutes on the phone, mainly on hold, and finally it was changed to an all day Seven dwarves pass. Whilst I was doing this, my Splash Mountain pass also changed to an all day any ride pass as Splash closed down temporarily.

I vaguely recalled from a vlog that such a change to a lightening lane reset the timer, so I took a look and was indeed able to book Peter Pan for 5:30pm. So I headed into the park at about 1pm with lightening lanes for Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, an all day 7DMT and an all day any Genie + experience.

I used Jungle Cruise first, but I was not able to book anything else afterwards, it seemed to be applying a two hour rule not a tap in rule. I next did Pirates as standby since it was only 25 minutes. Eventually I was able to book another lightening lane so I got Big Thunder Mountain. I decided to use the any experience on Splash anyway since it had now reopened and I tried to time it close to the Big Thunder Mountain booking.

After I finished Splash, I had 45 minutes to the Big Thunder booking but the standby line said 35 minutes so I decided to do it once in standby and then by lightening lane straight after. Unfortunately twenty minutes into my standby queue, Big Thunder closed down. No compensation for my wasted time in standby but I got another “any experience any time pass” for the lightening lane I had lined up for my second turn. This didn’t come through for a while and I was in Fantasyland by the time it did.

At some point I was able to book Its a small world lightening lane, this seemed to be due to a two hour rule rather than because I tapped into anything. Whilst I waited for this and Peter Pan windows, I decided to use my any experience lightening lane on Winnie the Pooh, I didn’t want to cross the park for anything more exciting because I have been having joint / back pain lately. Unfortunately close to the end Winnie the Pooh broke down and we were trapped on ride for a little while. The cast members eventually came round with a step ladder, freeing us one honeypot at a time and we were all given another “any experience any time” pass.

I attended my Small world and Peter Pan lightening lanes, strangely neither of these triggered new Genie+ booking availability either. I did have the any experience pass but to be honest by this time I had had enough.

It wasn’t a problem as I had these rolling any time passes, but I was puzzled that I tapped into lightening lanes for Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Small world and I tapped into two “any experience” passes but none allowed me to book the next Genie+ ride. I seemed to be solely on the two hour rule today.

Summary

I used lightning lane passes for the following rides and times and I finished the day with a spare any time any experience pass that I did not have the energy to use up.

Jungle Cruise 1:50pm
Splash Mountain anytime pass
7DMT anytime individual attraction pass
Winnie the Pooh anytime pass
It’s a small world 5:10pm
Peter Pan 5:25pm

I did standby for Pirates of the Caribbean and Teacups. Overall a bitty and messy day, and a day when I didn’t feel great. There would have been opportunity to book more lightening lanes, but only by cross crossing the park and I could not manage that today. Additionally I think that arriving when I did was a mistake and I should have either come in early or left it a few more hours and come in late afternoon.

Overall this has to be the least successful Magic Kingdom day I have ever had.
Oh Claudette! How frustrating! You must have been so irritated with that day, and that backs up what many others are saying re the constant breakdowns etc, that’s not great at all. I’m not feeling very enamoured by genie+ !
I hope you have had a better nights sleep and have a much more productive day today!
Old 2 May 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Oh Claudette! How frustrating! You must have been so irritated with that day, and that backs up what many others are saying re the constant breakdowns etc, that’s not great at all. I’m not feeling very enamoured by genie+ !
I hope you have had a better nights sleep and have a much more productive day today!
Well I have more MK days planned so hopefully they will go better, I will try to use a better strategy and I will hopefully be feeling better.

Today is EPCOT and I am thinking of doing the late night and hitting Disney Springs for some shopping and lunch today.