Notices

Old 5 May 22, 04:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

This started out as two nights at Cheyenne..

Hello everyone,

It’s just days now until we travel to Disneyland Paris and the excitement is building. I was going to write myself a ‘todo’ list but then thought I’d do a pre-trippie instead as they are always so good to look back on.

The cast:

Me, Katie / Mummy (36). Multiple Florida trips. Have been to DLP once for a day at least 10 years ago and didn’t love it but hoping that going with an open mind and my baby will change that. Hard to sum up what it is I love about Disney. I like the rides (gutted I can’t do ToT this trip!) but it’s more the theming and the atmosphere that keeps me going back.

DS (3) has squeezed in one Florida trip pre Covid and this is his first time at DLP. I haven’t kept it a secret from him that we are going but at the same time I haven’t really discussed it either as have been nervous about changes. He loves Mickey and the Roadster Racers, Chip and Dale, Mickey Mouse Club House, Lilo and Stitch, Robin Hood and Peter Pan as well as Moana and Encanto. He’s a tall boy (so technically speaking ToT not out of the question!) but doesn’t like a fast ride so we will be doing all the tame things. He is going to love the music and the parades and having mummy all to himself.

We are leaving daddy at home because he wasn’t that bothered and it’s too expensive to bring people for the sake of it. We normally go to Florida in a huge family group of about 20 so it’s really weird not taking my mum or sisters and nieces and nephews but also exciting to have some special time together.

Travel Plans

We fly on a Monday, in to CDG currently the flight leaves about midday but I am contemplating changing this to the early morning flight.

I still need to decide on transfers, leaning towards the TGV but need to decide that this week.

We don’t have park tickets for the Monday and for our first night we will stay in Santa Fe. I’ve booked this on Hotel.com for about £180 which was similar to off site hotels so didn’t seem too bad for the convenience.

Plan for the Monday is to drop the case at Santa Fe and then head to Val d’Europe on the train. I don’t think I would manage a pram, a case, a travel bag and a toddler in the airport (and in any case we don’t have a pram as he doesn’t use one at home) so I’ll be going to Auchan to see what options they have. If I can get one for less than E50 then I’ll buy, if not I think I will just hire one on the days I need it.

I also need to get some fruit and a few fresh bits from the supermarket. DS has allergies to peanuts, tree nuts and sesame as well fresh cows milk and I’ve been told snack options will be very limited for him in the park. He carries EPI pens and even trace amounts could affect him so his eating is going to be something we need to navigate. Truth be told it makes me quite anxious but I can’t let it stop him having experiences. He eats lots of fruit at home so my plan is to fill my suitcase with all the safe foods and treats that I can take (many many Haribo!) and then head to the supermarket for the other stuff.

We won’t have a fridge in Santa Fe but most stuff will be fine I think in a cool bag. I think as it’s a medical need if I do get anything I’m worried about I’ll ask them at reception to keep in the fridge.

Then if time allows I wouldn’t mind a little look in the Primark there!

Dinner is booked for 6pm at La Catina at Santa Fe. I may cancel this in favour of somewhere in the village as will no doubt want to go there for a look around. Then early nights will be had ❤️.

Tuesday morning we will head to Hotel New York (eeeeeekkkk) where we will stay until Friday. I am hoping we will be up early, take cases to HNY and get into the park for extra magic hours. No breakfast on Tuesday but we do have it the rest of the week. When I first booked we were staying in Cheyenne, then I upgraded to NPB. Then I started to research the allergy provisions on site and decided we would need a fridge. That was about all the excuse I needed to change to HNY. I’ve paid £1800 for three nights with 4 days park tickets, breakfast and photo pass. I think it’s a good price comparatively but when you stop and think it does make the eyes water! Anyway, it’s all paid now!

I can’t freaking wait to see Mickey waving us in!

I am thinking Tuesday we will spend some time in the park and then hopefully our room will be ready by like 2? Once it is we will head back to check out the room and have a rest .

Hopefully DS will sleep and then at 18:00 we have plaza gardens dinner booked, it’s cost about £90 😱 so it better be good and I hope there are options for the allergies 🙈. If all has gone to plan and he slept then I’m
Hoping we will stay for fireworks 🤞.

Wednesday I’d think will be a later start if we made it to the fireworks the night before so after breakfast at HNY we can head in and I thought we would do Disney Studios and have a lighter day. I think DS will love the Mickey Mouse shows.

If all goes to plan maybe early tea at Rainforest Cafe on the way back to the Hotel. If he’s got the energy (he usually does) a swim and then Bed.

Thursday back to the main park and hit those EMH. My idea is that by now we’ve done all the must do’s so today we can play by ear. My son loves to swim so wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t ask to go to the pool.
I haven’t been able to book the buffet at HNY but hoping as a hotel guest they will book me in once there. If not I do have Chuck Wagons booked for 6. We will try to watch the Fireworks if we haven’t achieved by now or if we want to see again.

Friday we fly home at 6pm (boohoo). I’ve booked Plaza gardens breakfast for 09:45. This was £20 in addition to the breakfast I’d already booked so I thought worthwhile and hopefully a nice end to the week.

I guess we will leave for the airport around 2. I thought today might be a good time to do the Spider-Man meet at the hotel if it’s not been done before.

To Do
1) decide what flight I’m getting & make any changes!
2) decide on and book transfers
3) mani, pedi and brows . It’s too late to lose the 3 stone so will have to do what I can with what I’ve got.
4) I’ve got some bits for DS to make him a surprise travel bag. He will be most excited by the v-tech camera that he’s wanted for ages. I need to charge and prep.
5) photocopy passports
6) hotel check in 7 days before and book Spider-Man.
7) pack

Eeeekkkk I’m so excited ❤️. Thanks for reading my waffles - look forward to sharing our trip with you!

Edited at 04:10 AM.
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to hearing how you find it just you and your son. I am taking my 2 year old daughter in two weeks on my own (leaving my older sons and husband at home!). Very excited, but a little nervous about managing the travel on my own!
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Hi Laura, I’m also really stressed about the travel and getting myself sorted once I arrive. I think that first night at dinner I’ll have a nice cocktail and toast to my strong independent female and fun mum self 😂!
It will be so nice though having no one but ourselves to please ❤️
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Looking forward to following your report as we have our first trip to DLP booked for September, although we’ve had a few previous trips to Florida.

I’m sure you will have a lovely time with your little boy, he’ll be so excited. We were never lucky enough to take ours as small children, but I love watching the little ones in the parks and get emotional to see how magical it is for them at that age.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Sounds amazing! We love all the hotels & have stayed multiple times in each! But we are staying for the first time in the Art of Marvel in September & can’t wait! Looking forward to hearing/reading all about your trip! Have the best time!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow I am in awe!
Your trip sounds amazing, we go three weeks on Saturday with our son, DIL and 4 yr old DGD and you are less stressed than me and I’m not on my own!

Will be following your travels closely, hope you have an amazing time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ScaryFairy View Post
Hi Laura, I’m also really stressed about the travel and getting myself sorted once I arrive. I think that first night at dinner I’ll have a nice cocktail and toast to my strong independent female and fun mum self 😂!
It will be so nice though having no one but ourselves to please ❤️
I like your thinking on the cocktail! We are going by direct Eurostar, I am just glad Disney is the last/only stop so I don’t have to worry about getting off the train too quickly with a toddler, case and pushchair! I think it’ll be great just doing the things she’ll love, rather than waiting around for the bigger ones to do rides. After two toy story/ cars/ marvel fans in my boys. I am secretly pleased to have a princess loving child!
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was there at the weekend with my 6 year old. Booked a few days before as a wee treat. We used a pre booked shuttle on arrival but the TGV back to CDG. Was incredibly straightforward and quick. Found the whole experience stress free and enjoyable. Have a great time!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

I love to hear that you enjoyed your solo with child trip @RM2016 it gives me a little more confidence to hear that others have done and are doing the same as me. @lauraE I was so tempted to book the princess dining but had to admit it would have been for me not him. I will though be dragging him to
Princess pavilion whatever he says!

@nanna Frozen how lovely for you to go with your GD and family. I know if my mum was coming I’d definitely be more relaxed so you are probably doing organising and worrying for everyone.

Thanks for reading @loulou and @disneydafodill. Hope once
I’m there and writing it helps get you extra excited for your trips.

I have a few little updates from today:

First I changed my Monday flight to the morning. Might as well make the most of our time right?! Amazing that you get one free change with easyJet now!

Then I got myself registered for a global health card and completed online check in and passenger locator forms.

More excitingly our Disney travel treats started to arrive:

As I mentioned I am making DS a surprise travel bag. Just a few bits in it as he will mostly watch the iPad no doubt but a little something to add to travel day excitement and ultimately help him make our scrap book. I got out my collection today to have a look:

I don’t plan on letting him eat on the plane as it’s only a short flight so I won’t put any snacks in just a bottle of water. Maybe some chewy sweets for take off and landing.

And his camera arrived

He will be so excited by this as last year he won a little toy camera but it’s rubbish, the screen is tiny, the battery doesn’t last and it’s slow and he gets really cross with it.

I debated this one as the age is 5+ And he’s only just nearly 4 so I nearly got him the younger v-tech but I have given this a charge today and had a play and I am so pleased I got it. It’s really simple but also responsive and the picture quality is surprisingly good too. I’m hoping we can make a scrap book together using photos he’s taken ❤️ . This will go in his travel bag and I’m excited to see his reaction.

Then a few treats arrived for mummy too.

Toy Story ears (fake ones £5 from Amazon - sorry Walt!) to go with my Toy Story dress which I’ve ordered from Etsy and should arrive any day now. DS says he will only maybe dress up as Spider-Man but definitely not as woody 😂. I blame his dad…

Then this little charger thing, to charge my phone in the parks as apparently the app drains battery. This one has a full phone charge in it and it’s pretty small so I’m pleased with that.

Just waiting for my personalised scrap book to arrive now and then I think all my goodies will be here 🥰.

Just transfers to take the plunge and book now. I’ll definitely be doing that this weekend xx
Old 5 May 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds fantastic and you seem very well organised, far more so than we were! I used RS Transport who had car seats available for the mini bus and were waiting when we arrived. You will have a brilliant time together!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List