Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 May 22, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

A relaxed military style trip. May 2022. Day 3. Pointe Orlando.

Friday 13th May.

Index

An actual more relaxed day.
Started the morning off with a walk to Denny’s.

So good, this was about $30. We were asked to tip in cash if we could. After seeing they were hiring for $7.75 an hour, I can understand why.
Stuffed, we waddled back to the hotel. This morning we planned to sit by the pool so got changed, I took my book.

The hotel has 3 pools, this was the closest to us and wasn’t busy.
It was so hot though, not really comfortable to sit in and I swam twice to cool down.
We managed until about 1pm then went to get changed.
The afternoon was going to be spent making the most of Pointe Orlando happy hours.

Last time Pointe had a few shops and bars so we thought we would pop there before drinking.
Well, most the shops are gone. The jewellers I brought a Pandora charm last time was still there and I was after a 21 for dd.
The shop was empty and they don’t sell Pandora anymore.
It was like a ghost town although renovations were happening so hopefully it will be different next time.

I saw this brilliant sign in one of the few shops, if it was open I would have brought it.

All I’ve been hearing about is crowds, but we never experienced any. I know people don’t like staying on I drive but it’s underestimated, imo.
A little before happy hour started at the pub (3-6) we took a seat and lovely server came out.
Not a bad view or weather.

We had 2 drinks each, the first 2 normal priced and the second happy hour.

And I was organised today.

Next on the list was Marlows. (4-6)
I started with shandy as I was so hot and thirsty. I made the mistake of saying lemonade instead of sprite so the server had to check with me.

While we sat here rain started to pour, so fun watching it in warm weather.

Last stop at pointe was our favourite, Cuba Libra (5-7)
It’s so relaxed and chilled here, the bartender was so nice, chatting about Spain to us.

Matt had downloaded the I trolley app, we kept laughing at the state of the art technology (location system)
I had said to dd ages ago about our buses, and I was very impressed that you could follow them on the app. She just rolled her eyes and said Nottingham buses had been like that for ages so it’s a joke between us now. 🤣
The app was accurate but you had to be organised to use it properly.
Anyway we took one to Oshucks, a karaoke bar near chillis, Matt had a 241 voucher from the trolley leaflet. We went there last time, it’s pretty rough but seemed more so this year. I needed the bathroom though so Matt ordered drinks. We just used one voucher for his beer which was $7.50 They kept his card behind the bar which Matt didn’t like so we downed our drinks and got out of there.
Total was $15.50.
We headed to Chilis seeing this beautiful sky on the way.

I love Chilis, we always visit.
When we arrived, a part of the restaurant was closed off and even though we saw empty tables we had to wait. Short staffed like every restaurant,
Only waited about 5/10 minutes though and we ordered off the 3 for €10.99 for an appetiser, entree and soft drink.

Amazing as always. We walked back.

I popped into the liquor store near chilis which was a fair but more expensive so waited until we got nearer our hotel and brought some miniatures for dds present.

Edited at 11:07 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

It is always good to have a relaxing day- you are on holiday! Looks like you made good use of the happy hours! And how I love a Denny’s breakfast!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

That’s a great deal at Chillis! Glad you had a fun day and made the most of happy hours
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Nice breakfast to start the day we love Denny’s & Chilis is such good value too 😋😋😋
Love the sunset beautiful 💕💕💕
Shame about Pointe, last time we went we noticed fewer shops, I think Johnny Rockets has gone, we sometimes go to the cinema
Good you got some great drink deals on Friday 13th 😂😂😂🍹🥃🍸🍺🍷

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
It is always good to have a relaxing day- you are on holiday! Looks like you made good use of the happy hours! And how I love a Denny’s breakfast!
Dennys was so good, needed for our happy hour drinks.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
That’s a great deal at Chillis! Glad you had a fun day and made the most of happy hours
Chilis is one restaurant without big price increases and good deals.
Old 30 May 22, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Nice breakfast to start the day we love Denny’s & Chilis is such good value too 😋😋😋
Love the sunset beautiful 💕💕💕
Shame about Pointe, last time we went we noticed fewer shops, I think Johnny Rockets has gone, we sometimes go to the cinema
Good you got some great drink deals on Friday 13th 😂😂😂🍹🥃🍸🍺🍷
We saw some beautiful skies.
Its so sad about Pointe.
BB Kings has gone as well, just hope the empty places get filled. Glad to see the happy hour deals still there.
The valet was always busy, must have ben cinema users.
Matt hates the cinema so never go with him.
Old 31 May 22, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh your breakfast looked fab. A lovely relaxing time at the pool before strolling up to test out the happy hours! The rain looked spectacular, I love it when it comes down like that in Florida, well as long as we're able to sit back and watch and we aren't getting drenched!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day

Joan
Old 6 Jun 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh your breakfast looked fab. A lovely relaxing time at the pool before strolling up to test out the happy hours! The rain looked spectacular, I love it when it comes down like that in Florida, well as long as we're able to sit back and watch and we aren't getting drenched!
The breakfast was lovely, love American pancakes and hash browns. Unfortunately didn't make it back there this trip.
Its still strange to be warm while its raining.